Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
9 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

26,261 Tested

Thanks Paul - where did you find the figure? Since the government site has changed to show regional breakdown of cases I can’t see that it shows the amount tested any more.

Calculating those figures, with a UK population of 66,870,000 (as of 2019 according to Statista.com) that means they’ve tested 0.04% of the population. 

Now trying to work out how many that is per million to compare with what other countries have done..

Edit: I now see where they’ve listed the amount of tests completed (thanks  )

Edited by lottiekent
  • Like 1

Guest Delete Me
Just now, lottiekent said:

Thanks Paul - where did you find the figure? Since the government site has changed to show regional breakdown of cases I can’t see that it shows the amount tested any more.

Calculating those figures, with a UK population of 66,870,000 (as of 2019 according to Statista.com) that means they’ve tested 0.04% of the population. 

Now trying to work out how many that is per million to compare with what other countries have done..

opengraph-image-a1f7d89ffd0782738b1aeb0d
WWW.GOV.UK

Find out the number of cases and risk level in the UK, what to do if you’re a returning traveller, and what the government is doing about the virus.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

It seems like Nadine has known for some time now? and there haven't been any obvious signs of quarantine in government/parliament so they're not following their own advice..

• Like 2

Posted
42 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Wow the USA has done 5 tests per million of population v South Korea which has done 3700.

I think the UK has completed around 400 tests per million.

(disclaimer: my maths might be shot as it’s late!)

Anyone know how many tests Germany has done? I cant find any official figures, although I know they are all separate states doing the testing, so making it hard to find official total tested

Anecdotally, in my searching I found articles about how Germany is coping and their methods. They aren't to far away from us in their advice and systems. Their healthcare system thinks they'll be able to cope, but still plenty of people saying they cant get through to the healthcare number, and being forgotten about etc. So any complaints in the UK, can be mirrored in most major countries I should imagine!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

A footballer has tested positive in Northern Ireland

_111206665_untitleddesign.png
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

A player from Irish Premiership team Linfield has tested positive for coronavirus, the club confirms.

• Like 2

Posted
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️

Government must read this forum. No sooner am I complaining about them not increasing testing, than they announce it. About time. 

• Like 3

Posted
4 hours ago, Bristle boy said:

The Danes travel all over the world in Winter. The Canary Islands very popular; we often bump into a Danish couple in Fuerteventura (my wife is friends on farcebook). Stats from Denmark back up the Canaries as a hotspot. 000s of Danes also cruise, mainly with NCL (Norweigan Cruise Line), so during Winter they'll be in the Caribbean, South East Asia. In the Carib last couple of months they would've mixed with plenty of Americans, as well as Carib islanders. Copenhagen is a major cruise port for NCL. 

Point is dont just focus on Italy as point of infection for the Danish numbers.

Calm down... as I’ve said Italy/Austria/Germany/France/Spain

any hows uk next week will probably be in France or Spain territory... 

Im worried for my brothers wife/sister in law...in Denmark 

ps the us is way behind and unprepared trump needs to take a step back or step down he’s out of his depth

Boris may come to regret today as he and cabinet and one of his health peeps spreads it... 

oh well here comes Cheltenham as a spread site like in France with Alsace etc 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️

Btw, hth is this MP proclaiming she’s nearly better already? By all accounts symptomatic patients of her demographic with this disease are not over it in 3-4 days. Am I so cynical of politicians these days to think it’s fishy?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Saint coolio said:

Government must read this forum. No sooner am I complaining about them not increasing testing, than they announce it. About time. 

They announced it yesterday, or have they announced more tonight?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
1 minute ago, Donegal said:

Takes about 1 week or more after symptoms begin for it to progress to the lungs and become serious. So if she's still experiencing symptoms she's not out of the woods yet. I stand corrected if I'm wrong. 

Though we are told that for the vast majority it will just be a mild illness and nothing overly serious. 

I guess we may now get a slightly clearer picture of just what this is actually like now an MP has it.

No one else has really spoken to the media in the UK after recovering.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Can't help remembering that the PM was in Bewdley just a couple of days ago to have a look at flood cleanup works... with the Nadine Dorries news (and best wishes to her, as to anyone with this horrible thing) I am thinking, hopefully Johnson didn't have the virus at the time!

Edited by Arctic Hare
  • Like 1

Posted

Unfortunately there are some people in the world that have taken the whole 'drinking alcohol to kill the virus' a tad too seriously...

Iranians die of alcohol poisoning after virus rumour

A total of 36 Iranians have died of alcohol poisoning after consuming doctored alcohol in Ahvaz, the capital of south-western Khuzestan province, the official Irna news agency reports.

The report said that "consuming fake alcohol has occurred due to the spread of rumours that drinking alcohol would prevent the coronavirus infection".

In an interview with Irna, Dr Ali Ehsanpour, spokesman of Ahvaz Jondi Shapur University of Medical Sciences, said: "Some people in Ahvaz suffered alcohol poisoning after drinking fake alcohol [either local moonshine or methanol]. So far 270 have been admitted to the county's hospitals for treatment."

Irna went on to quote Ali Biranvand, deputy public prosecutor of the province, as saying seven individuals had been arrested for selling fake alcoholic drinks.

source:

bbc_news_logo.png
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The entire population - some 60 million people - started having their movements restricted on 10 March.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
24 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

Unfortunately there are some people in the world that have taken the whole 'drinking alcohol to kill the virus' a tad too seriously...

source:

bbc_news_logo.png
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The entire population - some 60 million people - started having their movements restricted on 10 March.

did they really think that would work, and where on earth did they get that from, not here I hope. 

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Spoke to soon in regards to S Korea 242 new cases. 

• Like 2

Posted
9 hours ago, Allseasons-si said:

You have a point there Snip and i totally forgot about that

do you have the link please.

Only just back on line. It’s 

111.NHS.UK

Answer questions about your main symptom on 111.nhs.uk and get NHS medical help near you.

Hope you have already found it from somewhere else

Posted
7 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Though we are told that for the vast majority it will just be a mild illness and nothing overly serious. 

I guess we may now get a slightly clearer picture of just what this is actually like now an MP has it.

No one else has really spoken to the media in the UK after recovering.

Read the testimony of Jason vanshoor who is treating people in Italy.Its like the apocalypse out there in Lombardy.

Our Gov needs to act now this virus is deadly and in a scary number of cases,fatal.