Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
3 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

My partner has a cough and i asked her to contact 111,the queuing number was 67 and half an hour later 50,now this tells me that people will try to get in touch on this number and because of the waiting time people will just hang up either because they are too busy or haven't got the patience to wait

i think this will be half the problem that the cases are not getting registered/reported

say for instance if you are ready to go to work and haven't got the time or you are picking up your children from school,a meeting etc,this is no excuse,if you have symptoms then you are number one on the priority list to get checked out,this can make a huge difference.

my partner will try again in the morning.

Why ring?  What about the website?  

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, ArHu3 said:

There's always a morphine pump to "ease" respiratory distress, all junior doctors know this all to well

That’s not the point . The point is these doctors are being asked to make life or death decisions for their patients which is absolutely awful and will leave many doctors with deep psychological scars .

All the doctors and nurses at the front line of this are absolute heroes . 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
1 minute ago, Snipper said:

Which is why people will just go to A&E! System in pre-collapse...

• Like 2

Posted

There's an understandable amount of anxiety and stress around at the moment related to CV, not least in here where there are 10s of posts an hour, some based on more science and expert evidence than others.  It's really worth taking time out as a few have said.  Latest WHO guidance on mental health during this situation (note in particular point 3). 

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/mental-health-considerations.pdf?sfvrsn=6d3578af_2

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
3 minutes ago, Snipper said:

You have a point there Snip and i totally forgot about that

do you have the link please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
_111210931_ctu1.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Health officials say nine more individuals have tested positive for the virus bringing total to 15.

• Like 2

Posted

I think the Premier League should help out the lower divisions as a gesture of solidarity .

They can easily afford to and should get together and put some money in the pot.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers
11 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

I agree, lots would go under, but with talk of total shutdowns(I don't agree with this reaction btw) it could very well happen and the effect would be economic disaster, think all schools closed, parents not working?/'cant afford child care for weeks, no public transport, people unable to get to work, that kind of scenario every where, then fear and civil unrest takes over.

Lets hope Uk Gov  continues to be directed by our experts, CMO and his qualified team.

I think the best thing we can do is stop the rapid increase in cases that Italy saw, to make sure our healthcare system doesn't get overwhelmed... it's a fine line isn't it? Interestingly I heard Italy has the 2nd best healthcare system in the world compared to 18th in the UK.

I think the lasting legacy of this coronavirus will be economic. The economy has been fueled by cheap money (low interest rates) rather then genuine progress since 2008. As a result the economy is very fragile and the awful preparations by the US fills me with no confidence.

I may be wrong however and the UK has at least not followed the exponential increase in number of cases today.  

Edited by Quicksilver1989

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
2 minutes ago, abruzzi spur said:

There's an understandable amount of anxiety and stress around at the moment related to CV, not least in here where there are 10s of posts an hour, some based on more science and expert evidence than others.  It's really worth taking time out as a few have said.  Latest WHO guidance on mental health during this situation (note in particular point 3). 

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/mental-health-considerations.pdf?sfvrsn=6d3578af_2

Great! Doing all that and running and being with my dog. Still waking up.at 0300 or so with nightmares around this and so feeling tired the whole time. Doglet is comfort at night and we sleep close and warm but I/we won't rest easy until OH is safe and back here...

Posted

Advice given  not to touch your face, shake hands etc, the trouble is it is very difficult to break out of habits. If you have a habit of touching your face, you are going to struggle not to do it. 

_111208155_p0866gdr.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Mark Rutte has apparently been caught out by his own handshake policy, moments after announcing it.

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
9 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

I agree, lots would go under, but with talk of total shutdowns(I don't agree with this reaction btw) it could very well happen and the effect would be economic disaster, think all schools closed, parents not working?/'cant afford child care for weeks, no public transport, people unable to get to work, that kind of scenario every where, then fear and civil unrest takes over.

Lets hope Uk Gov  continues to be directed by our experts, CMO and his qualified team.

This is fear mongering..

Extreme social distancing measures have occurred in China & Italy now, and minor measures (school closures) have occurred in several more countries. There has been no civil unrest, no riots, no collapse of societies.

The UK is no different - if/when things start getting shut down - we will be fine!

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Summer Sun said:

They  were lying about the number of cases and are now coming clean ! or are putting in measures to stop the spread of the virus which apparently isn’t a problem in Turkey anyway as they’ve got an amazing anti virus forcefield around the country .

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Quicksilver1989 said:

I think the best thing we can do is stop the rapid increase in cases that Italy saw, to make sure our healthcare system doesn't get overwhelmed... it's a fine line isn't it? Interestingly I heard Italy has the 2nd best healthcare system in the world compared to 18th in the UK.

I think the lasting legacy of this coronavirus will be economic. The economy has been fueled by cheap money (low interest rates) rather then genuine progress. As a result the economy is very fragile and the awful preparations by the US fills me with no confidence.

I may be wrong however and the UK has at least not followed the exponential increase in number of cases today.  

Time will tell with everything, one thing I am sure of , don't let fear and panic take over ones lives, will make any situation worse.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Quicksilver1989 said:

All I would say regarding healthcare rankings, is that those rankings take into account all sorts of things, so it's not necessarily representative of how a certain healthcare system would cope with something like this. I'm not saying its wrong either, just saying its not solely based on how a system would react to a virus etc.

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

I think the Premier League should help out the lower divisions as a gesture of solidarity .

They can easily afford to and should get together and put some money in the pot.

Actually they are suppose too, when the premier league was set up they promised @5% of revenue to go to grass roots football, they made one small payment and never paid again. If they paid what they owed now it would be hundreds of millions.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers
1 minute ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Time will tell with everything, one thing I am sure of , don't let fear and panic take over ones lives, will make any situation worse.

Agreed, the best we can do is monitor the situation as closely as we can. South Korea has been the best in this regard I think.

• Like 2

Posted

Posted

Nottingham Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis has corona virus, he was at the City ground for their match vs Millwall last Friday and Arsenal's Emirates on Feb 27th.

_111206551_evangelos.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Nottingham Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis has coronavirus, the Championship club confirm in a statement.

Edited by HighPressure
  • Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

This is fear mongering..

Extreme social distancing measures have occurred in China & Italy now, and minor measures (school closures) have occurred in several more countries. There has been no civil unrest, no riots, no collapse of societies.

The UK is no different - if/when things start getting shut down - we will be fine!

You may have forgotten about the riots of August 2011, started over nothing really.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAVID SNOW said:

I heard that Ben bloke who was stuck in China say this, I've repeated it to people, and said it on here too......"There's no point worrying about getting the virus, because if you do get it, you then end up worrying twice" 

I think just take sensible precautions as people feel necessary. And without sounding like a government puppet lol, I do genuinely think that washing your hands regularly is one of the single most important things. If you want to stop using public transport and going to crowded places etc, then thats fine. But unless you're already fairly ill with something else, I wouldn't let it control your entire life! 

• Like 3

Posted

In the USA some testing is taking so long that the samples expire !

Even worse this happened to a group of firefighters in Washington state . They now have to self quarantine again and won’t be working .

• Like 2

Just now, DAVID SNOW said:

You may have forgotten about the riots of August 2011, started over nothing really.....

This is my only worry too. The large majority of our population will just get on with life, and do the best they can. BUT, it will only take the small minority, of which 90% will be scum anyway, to cause havoc with rioting, civil unrest, increase in crime etc etc. How bad it would actually be is just pure guessing, but no one can deny that there WILL be scum taking advantage of a situation like this!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

BNO Newsroom

@BNODesk·8m

BREAKING: Turkey reports first case of coronavirus

• Like 2