Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
29 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

I sincerely hope and believe they would. But funding...

Enough said, off topic...

The UK alone has committed 50 mill euro for research into vaccine - the EU numbers for 27 countries total 100 million seem quite modest 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

In the end if lockdown is required, then that involves closing the border with neighbouring countries. 
I guess in the end of course it might be pointless closing the border if the other side is just as bad and instead just wasted more resources.

A big decision possibly for the U.K. where geography makes this significantly easier to enforce than on the mainland.

personally at this moment, I think giving politicians the benefit of the doubt about a worth while, that includes our own. This situation is potentially unprecedented in my lifetime and probably many others on here. The US is still at least a double facepalm though....

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

• Like 1

Guest Delete Me
3 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I want to take a break but I’m worried what I’ll come back to.

A break from the thread? Well be fine

Posted

Worryingly for Italy, the severe cases increased again today, that is despite 168 people leaving that list from death. They really are being hit very hard there it has to be said. Gotta hope the rest of Europe aren't just about to follow in their wake.

USA now up 181 cases, likely to get some more before the day is done over there and I think now they are just starting to test more widely, expect those numbers to be closer to a thousand soon enough as it catches up with reality.

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
7 minutes ago, Zak M said:

Click on the hashtag CoronaVirusPakistan to see just some of the "merde" that is being promoted. "water is splashed on any part of the body and it can take off the virus". There are more enlightened posters but one imagines that the majority will listen to the rubbish...

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Spikecollie said:

Click on the hashtag CoronaVirusPakistan to see just some of the "merde" that is being promoted. "water is splashed on any part of the body and it can take off the virus". There are more enlightened posters but one imagines that the majority will listen to the rubbish...

There are just some people in the world unfortunately who think they're 'funny' posting that type of stuff.

Joking about a serious virus is one of the worst things you could do.

• Like 3

Posted
8 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Same, not been great today. Western countries continue to say they expect millions to be infected. They have made the incredible efforts by South Korea and China useless. What a waste.

• Like 2

Posted

Been following this thread with great interest. Our office were sent home today after a couple of staff came into contact with a stakeholder who had been diagnosed. They have to self isolate for 14 days, whereas the office will be shut tomorrow for a deep clean!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
13 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Best place is a year in Northern Greenland.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Travelled during the rush hour this morning.  Victoria line Northbound at 0750.  1/3 of volume. 

Might explain why the UK, along with the weather is still in "containment phase"

The UK is definitely doing as little to lessen the damage to the economy.  Airports are already well deserted. 

I'm sure the huge drop in % of people in the UK that are out an about and travelling through the borders has made HMG decision a little easier...

20200310_074755.thumb.jpg.56a9e0aff544bb6cd6ec8968e21ba915.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
7 minutes ago, Zak M said:

There are just some people in the world unfortunately who think they're 'funny' posting that type of stuff.

Joking about a serious virus is one of the worst things you could do.

They're not joking. They're saying this religious dogmatic practice will protect them. Take that to your next RE/sociology/psychology/geography class and discuss!

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

A break from the thread? Well be fine

Haha I’m not worried about that - well you know, you’re all great and I genuinely hope you’re all safe, but every time I take a break from the relentless stream of information, I always come back to something increasingly horrifying. It’s genuinely like a horror film coming to life.

My friends and I have always been fascinated by the end of the world (I blame my dad for letting me listen to Jeff Wayne’s musical version of war of the worlds when I was 5) and while I appreciate this likely isn’t the end, it’s ever so spooky. We’ve joked and fantasised about apocalyptic events all our lives - whether it be from zombies or viruses or aliens etc. 

it’s crazy to me looking back to an innocuous WhatsApp message on January the 2nd from my friend saying ‘you heard about this new China flu?’ And my making a corona joke in reply, that here we are just over 2 months later on the verge of basically shutting down the country.

Its all gotten a little too close to home and too much to bear and I know we’re only at the beginning.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

They're not joking. They're saying this religious dogmatic practice will protect them. Take that to your next RE/sociology/psychology/geography class and discuss!

Thankfully there are a lot of Muslims who are in the medical profession all over the world, hopefully they will be listened to and people will realise its tosh.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Spikecollie said:

Oh come on! If there's a case in a school, everyone in close proximity needs to self isolate and the person needs to be named so that this can happen.

What's going on with this?

I don't know, but I do know that it is not the only school, in the same boat. Let's see what happens. 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Azazel said:

it’s crazy to me looking back to an innocuous WhatsApp message on January the 2nd from my friend saying ‘you heard about this new China flu?’ And my making a corona joke in reply, that here we are just over 2 months later on the verge of basically shutting down the country.

Its all gotten a little too close to home and too much to bear and I know we’re only at the beginning.

It is a little crazy. Just 30 days ago outside of China there were just 382 cases, only a few more than we have in the Uk right now. Quite the explosive development globally considering in 30 days we've increased global cases outside of China by 100x!

• Like 3

Posted

I get my relief from all negative things by running with and playing with my dog. My best friend lives for the moment and I try to as well. The intensive exercise focuses your mind and gives you all those great natural relaxation chemicals. Just the interaction between us relaxes me too. Since my OH has been away, Mylo has been sleeping on his half of the bed and all the insomnia/nocturnal anxiety problems that I had to take a week off work for have gone. I'd never say "get a dog" unless you are ready but certainly "be more dog".

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Quite disgusted how political this thread has become over the last few pages. Now isn’t the time for opinions on certain politicians. Many of us are scared and confused as it is.

I’d rather see useful input, stats and information about this serious disease. Not a squabble over Emmanuel macron! 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

I get my relief from all negative things by running with and playing with my dog. My best friend lives for the moment and I try to as well. The intensive exercise focuses your mind and gives you all those great natural relaxation chemicals. Just the interaction between us relaxes me too. Since my OH has been away, Mylo has been sleeping on his half of the bed and all the insomnia/nocturnal anxiety problems that I had to take a week off work for have gone. I'd never say "get a dog" unless you are ready but certainly "be more dog".

In our house be more cat ......

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I know its difficult, but this thread needs to stick to its subject and not whether you like/dislike leaders or countries etc.

• Like 8

Posted
2 minutes ago, snefnug said:

In our house be more cat ......

Happy with that!

Posted

PSG football player Kylian Mbappé has been tested for the coronavirus. The results are coming tomorrow.

• Like 2