Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
4 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Breaking: Boris Johnson confirms UK remains in contain phase

Yep  not sure if the markets like it  since the announcement  after slight a slight recovery  the FTSE is on a downward spiral 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
8 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

I think the confusion is down to people having a different understanding to what the word fringe means. This is my understanding... that these "fringe" areas were some how less important than the 80% of the population South of Manchester.

image.thumb.png.0349e640a12f6da6525b0072c53a9f4a.png

Are you a Snat? I'm not sure you'd think any part of our nation would be less important than another.

In this case having a low population and being in the geographical fringe is a good thing as it potentially allows an easier quarantine.

Far harder to do from about Manchester South where there are lots of relatively heavily populated places.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

That suggests not much community transmission which would be good news. Or alternatively they’re going to wait and see for a bit longer .

UK has been lucky so far . When you consider Iceland with its small population already has 58 cases .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, cold snowy winters, thunderstorms

Dow jones is forecast to fall 1500+ points in the USA-  watching - CNBC 

Posted
3 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Are you a Snat? I'm not sure you'd think any part of our nation would be less important than another.

What's a Snat?

Posted
3 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

That suggests not much community transmission which would be good news. Or alternatively they’re going to wait and see for a bit longer .

UK has been lucky so far . When you consider Iceland with its small population already has 58 cases .

Conflicting opinions?

The prime minister's spokesman has said the country remains in the "contain phase", but added the government has accepted the coronavirus will spread in a significant way.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Difficult to see how it can be contained when we're still allowing large groups to congragate at football matches etc

Flights still taking off from NE Italy to the UK.

Posted
14 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

I think the confusion is down to people having a different understanding to what the word fringe means. This is my understanding... that these "fringe" areas were some how less important than the 80% of the population South of Manchester.

image.thumb.png.0349e640a12f6da6525b0072c53a9f4a.png

Yes but the original post said geographical fringe, leaving no room for misunderstanding.

• Like 2

Posted

Lol

All soccer matches in French Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 will be played with a maximum 1,000 spectators until 15 April due to the coronavirus, the journalist Yohan Roblin from the French news channel LCI has reported.

Posted
2 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

So it may be killing young fit people? 

Forget I said that, best not to speculate on something where no real info is available. 

I wouldn't imagine that starving, conscripted North Korean soldiers are particularly fit and healthy...

• Like 1

Posted
27 minutes ago, Snipper said:

With several on here are saying they had Coronavirus like symptoms  last year what I don’t understand is why didn’t it spread at that time to any notable degree.  Or is it only people on this thread that were affected? It is only since the explosion of cases in China that the spread has happened. 

Anecdotal of course, but when i read that daily mail article about that guy in Wuhan and his account of the disease, i scrolled down to the comments and there were genuinely dozens of comments from people who were claiming they had suffered a mysterious illness around or just before Christmas that sounded remarkably similar. I also heard someone who called in to Radio 2 and described it and finally, my friend who I had no physical contact with, also suffered the same thing a few days later than me and it mirrored mine almost to the hour.

Posted
7 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Or a long incubation period....

Posted

Things starting to get a bit twitchy down here . Just came back from Aldi , one guy emitted 3 dryish sounding coughs .

I held my breathe and quickly shuffled off , and others nearby also suddenly realized they needed to dash .

A lot of people like myself and others in the UK who have family or friends who they see regularly and who have things like asthma aren’t I expect so worried about themselves if they’re not in a high risk group but of giving it to someone who is.

People need to think of others and act with a collective spirit .

We all have a role here . The government can only do so much and whatever they do  if the public don’t act then it’s much more of a struggle to slow the spread .

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, Azazel said:

Anecdotal of course, but when i read that daily mail article about that guy in Wuhan and his account of the disease, i scrolled down to the comments and there were genuinely dozens of comments from people who were claiming they had suffered a mysterious illness around or just before Christmas that sounded remarkably similar. I also heard someone who called in to Radio 2 and described it and finally, my friend who I had no physical contact with, also suffered the same thing a few days later than me and it mirrored mine almost to the hour.

Aye, a 'mysterious illness' that was almost certainly a variation of the common cold...I had it too.

Posted
19 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

I'm not shocked, they will probably wait till we are in a similar position to what Germany/France/Spain are in now before deciding to ramp things up, probably going to be needed by Friday in case things rapidly shift over 2-3 days like they have done in Spain.

Spain up 362 so far today, could well be up 500 by the end of the day at this rate!

Edited by kold weather

Posted
4 minutes ago, Azazel said:

If it was the same why did it explode in China and not here?

Posted
6 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Lol

All soccer matches in French Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 will be played with a maximum 1,000 spectators until 15 April due to the coronavirus, the journalist Yohan Roblin from the French news channel LCI has reported.

What a pathetic decision by the government here. Truly insane . I despair .

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

Aye, a 'mysterious illness' that was almost certainly a variation of the common cold...I had it too.

Maybe. Mine was at least the flu though. It was violent. Rapidly fast (from nothing to bedridden within a few hours), severe body aches to the point I was nearly in tears, extreme fatigue, a fever, Struggling to breathe for a day or so and the most nasty dry racking cough. No sputum production at all. No mucus in the nose. No sore throat.  That is not a cold.

• Like 1

Posted

Here's Craig Murray's (Former UK Ambassador to Uzbekistan) take on the virus, an interesting view point..

siblings132-1024x899.jpg
WWW.CRAIGMURRAY.ORG.UK

I have always been very fond of this photo, for reasons which are perhaps obvious. We are left to right Celia, Stuart, Neil, Craig and throughout our childhood we really were that close and that happy...

Posted
1 minute ago, nick sussex said:

What a pathetic decision by the government here. Truly insane . I despair .

Why? Do you thinks it's too draconian? 

Posted
Just now, Snipper said:

If it was the same why did it explode in China and not here?

I don't know mate. Like I said, I think mine was likely the flu - the only weird bit was the day I struggled to breathe and thought I was developing pneumonia. Maybe all cases were mild (I mean mine wasn't mild in the traditional sense, it was absolutely brutal, but i stopped just short of going to hospital).

Posted
Just now, mountain shadow said:

Why? Do you thinks it's too draconian? 

No, what’s the point of the 1000 limit .

Just play the games behind closed doors and be done with it. 

• Like 1