Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
1 minute ago, Daniel* said:

Agreed it will blow up in London, I have seen no cleaning either and of course that would not be done during peak hours, I believe nearly all cleaning/maintenance is done overnight when network is shut. 

i developed a cough today probably nothing but makes you think...

I live in Clacton-on-Sea and we have a fairly large number of commuters who go in to London every day, I fully expect to hear of cases here in the next week or two now that it's getting going.  Clacton has a very skewed population distribution due to being a retirement town.  50% aged 55 or over, huge number of care homes. Could get quite nasty here. 

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

2 questions Nick - Do you think you will get your money back and what do you think of the 12z ECM FI?

Well Brittany ferries have said their reviewing the situation but at the moment their cancellation policy remains the same . If I cancel over the weekend I get 50% back , if I wait till next week then it’s 25% . If restrictions come in ordered by a government then they’ll probably have to give people a full refund or voucher .

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Not a huge increase in numbers today.   But does anyone else thing these numbers are highly skewed.  I am sure that there are many cases, but just aren't being tested or have thought they had it.

image.thumb.png.da471ec11eee947289efc8bb6defcf67.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms
21 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Quick question, obviously as someone who is working with the public etc I am having to wash my hands much more often . Dealing with money , changing hand with money etc . I have been washing my hands often but not excessively and I’ve already started to get a rash , does anyone know what it could be and why ? I’m using anti bacterial soap and normal soap/foam too .

image.jpg

image.jpg

With regards to sore hands from frequent washing I find Neutrogena concentrated hand cream(Norwegian formula) very good. Also rub vaseline all over your hands at bedtime. Probably hand moisturiser will be the next item running out in the shops!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
55 minutes ago, Snipper said:

It is great for likes of us who have a garden and are into homely cooking type stuff but many due to upbringing and living in a flat might not have the same advantages. Possibly a bit late now to say get baking and gardening.  Unfortunately a lot of the younger generation couldn’t see the need to have backup skills. The take away is only round the corner so why worry?

I think if you live in urban areas the food chain logistics are stronger.  I worked on Y2K transport logistics for a major power and water provider and the areas most under consideration were semi urban/rural.  

• Like 2

Posted
34 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Probably the same here, and most places i reck, numbers are way higher. If, as the med experts say, there will be 80% or so that will have v mild symptoms, then those particular people wont have a scooby they have the virus; they'll just think they've got a cough, cold, touch of flu.

You undoubteably know more than I do.

Whatever, it seems like the virus will pervade and without a vaccine the best advice is to handwash, use gels as appproriate and social distance.

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Possibly allergic to one something in the bacterial soap ? Perhaps try vinyl gloves instead and wash your hands once you've taken them off. Or just hot soap and water.

Just watching the Stand

My wife says her similar problem mentioned above is aggravated by hot water 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Just watching the Stand

Like Stephen King books.  Have been given all the Steven King audio books and working my way through them. Not listened to the Stand yet. 

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, fujita5 said:

I live in Clacton-on-Sea and we have a fairly large number of commuters who go in to London every day, I fully expect to hear of cases here in the next week or two now that it's getting going.  Clacton has a very skewed population distribution due to being a retirement town.  50% aged 55 or over, huge number of care homes. Could get quite nasty here. 

Oh definitely Essex will be hard hit, look below people travel to work far and wide into City of London crazy isn’t it? 

A0F9CCB2-BF54-4515-BE30-0E86246FEC4F.thumb.jpeg.6f58c68cfe21003cf2e56d887d589c4d.jpeg

Posted
8 minutes ago, ciel said:

You undoubteably know more than I do.

Whatever, it seems like the virus will pervade and without a vaccine the best advice is to handwash, use gels as appproriate and social distance.

Nope. But that is what a number of med experts have said on tv, and i bet they know more than you or anyone else in here.

Posted
1 minute ago, Snipper said:

Like Stephen King books.  Have been given all the Steven King audio books and working my way through them. Not listened to the Stand yet. 

Great book, lets hope nothing like the pandemic that hits them ever happens in real life though! Good ole Captain Trips!

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Iranians seeking help in hospitals for corona virus.

"We estimate that 30 to 40% of Tehran's population will be infected with COVID-19 by March 20," says Dr. Massoud Mardani, member of Iran's National Influenza Committee.

Tehran population: 12 million.

But apparently the WHO have no reason to doubt the official numbers and use them to calculate their high 3.4% mortality rate...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Greenland and Antarctica seem the places to be.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
1 minute ago, The PIT said:

Greenland and Antarctica seem the places to be.

But do one not need to be in very hot humid place?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, snefnug said:

There's a hidden cache of toilet rolls somewhere on Antarctica?

• Like 9

Posted
12 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Oh definitely Essex will be hard hit, look below people travel to work far and wide into City of London crazy isn’t it? 

A0F9CCB2-BF54-4515-BE30-0E86246FEC4F.thumb.jpeg.6f58c68cfe21003cf2e56d887d589c4d.jpeg

That's crazy! Such a wide area.

If large public gatherings are banned, will that include thousands of people being crammed into a metal box?

Posted
31 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Possibly allergic to one something in the bacterial soap ? Perhaps try vinyl gloves instead and wash your hands once you've taken them off. Or just hot soap and water.

Just watching the Stand

Driving home just now and ‘don’t fear the reaper’ came on my playlist. Spooky.

if this is like the stand I sure hope I start having dreams about a little old black lady in Nebraska real soon.

Edited by Azazel
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
9 minutes ago, snefnug said:

Doesn't matter if no one else is within a universe of you as you cannot be infected.