Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted

But just how many have overcome it and recovered or got a mild case of it and not reporting because its not too bad to go to doctors. I know its not good as they can still spread to people with weaker immune system. But we cant hide the fact that unreported cases will not be accounted for and will likely weigh up the most cases, meaning the statistics for reported cases will be likely revised once they get a handle on it and no more about it. So example if this was the case, you would see mortality rate fall and mild cases more common. Just a thought

Edited by WeatherGuru2012
  • Like 1

Posted

I don’t want to frighten anyone but this wasn’t what I wanted to read 

STAT_BruceAylward_WHO_covid19_coronaviru
WWW.STATNEWS.COM

The WHO official's claim was quickly challenged by an expert who said it would be highly unusual for there not to be mild cases that are being missed.

the WHO don’t think mild cases are going missed.

Edited by Azazel
  • Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

I get your points. But even allowing for some of those factors the NHS wouldn’t be keeping people in if it could be avoided .

And even if they had underlying conditions how is it that the current total seems to include a lot of people who need hospital treatment .

As for quarantine , anyone in contact would be asked to self isolate . I doubt the NHS would be keeping people in who have mild or no symptoms .

How many of the cases have been detected in patients already hospitalised for something else?

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Azazel said:

I don’t want to frighten anyone but this wasn’t what I wanted to read 

STAT_BruceAylward_WHO_covid19_coronaviru
WWW.STATNEWS.COM

The WHO official's claim was quickly challenged by an expert who said it would be highly unusual for there not to be mild cases that are being missed.

the WHO don’t think mild cases are going missed.

How can they know people will not be going to doctors if they have it and just staying at home to recover? 

Posted
26 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

The NHS have confirmed that some of those confirmed cases are being treated at home which makes sense .

But what’s really troubling in their press  release is that of the 115 cases confirmed 52 of those are being cared for in hospitals .

I think they've only just started sending people home now as they anticipate cases to quickly rise. Up until now every case was sent to hospital.

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, WeatherGuru2012 said:

How can they know people will not be going to doctors if they have it and just staying at home to recover? 

I’m not sure.

Posted
Just now, Snowy L said:

I think they've only just started sending people home now as they anticipate cases to quickly rise. Up until now every case was sent to hospital.

I would imagine any cases reported would immediatly go to hospital at this stage to find out more.

Posted

After my 60+ years. Ok I’ll come clean it’s 70+  I don’t recall ever having flu. Colds and feeling grotty yes. 

The thing I do remember is having a flu jab September time many years ago. Almost immediately went down with something causing me to feel absolutely awful. I was still having to go and have a lie down at Christmas.  Working was a real effort. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
1 minute ago, Snipper said:

After my 60+ years. Ok I’ll come clean it’s 70+  I don’t recall ever having flu. Colds and feeling grotty yes. 

The thing I do remember is having a flu jab September time many years ago. Almost immediately went down with something causing me to feel absolutely awful. I was still having to go and have a lie down at Christmas.  Working was a real effort. 

yes! I had one flu jab and  had a nasty illness that lasted almost 2 weeks and made me feel like shattered for a week more. Never had another jab.

• Like 2

Posted
22 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Sad to see panic buying going on. Toilet rolls and bottled water is what I noticed. Dunno why people think they need bottled water as the water won't be going off.

Yes, it really is pathetic. I cant think of no other word.

The number of younger people (than me), and i'm referring to parents in their 30s, especially, who are taking more notice of tosh on farcebook than official comms is astounding. I've lost patience on a number of occasions with younger friends and relatives over last week about 'taking advice' on this, from unreliable sources

Edited by Bristle boy
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Snow.
WWW.FALMOUTHPACKET.CO.UK

THE first case of coronavirus has been confirmed in Cornwall.

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, Azazel said:

I’m not sure.

This is it though isnt it. Out of a world population of 7.7 billion, there will be people undiagnosied and recovering and just my own opinion currently, but i think there will be more mild cases. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

423 cases now in France and one more death.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Yes, it really is pathetic. I cant think of no other word.

The number of younger people (than me), and i'm referring to parents in their 30s, especially, who are taking more notice of tosh on farcebook than official comms is astounding. I've lost patience on a number of occasions with younger friends and relatives over last week about 'taking advice' on this, from unreliable sources

Bizarrely I’ve not really seen anything on Facebook about it. Usually people on there are panicking and being idiots over completely trivial things but this time, nothing. Weird.

• Like 5

Posted
4 minutes ago, WeatherGuru2012 said:

This is it though isnt it. Out of a world population of 7.7 billion, there will be people undiagnosied and recovering and just my own opinion currently, but i think there will be more mild cases. 

Well these are my thoughts and Occam’s razor would suggest so but I don’t know. This is so tough. I swing from extreme panic and then complete relaxation about the whole thing and back again several times a day. I hate it.

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Bizarrely I’ve not really seen anything on Facebook about it. Usually people on there are panicking and being idiots over completely trivial things but this time, nothing. Weird.

Well, the number of times people close to me have said about the virus "They say that...."

My answer has been "Who's they?"

Reply is "Well, on facebook...."

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Bristle boy said:

Well, the number of times people close to me have said about the virus "They say that...."

My answer has been "Who's they?"

Reply is "Well, on facebook...."

Yeah I get that. The worst is ‘it’s just the flu’ - even my partner who is a nurse was saying that until recently. She’s finally come onboard now.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Dami said:

yes! I had one flu jab and  had a nasty illness that lasted almost 2 weeks and made me feel like shattered for a week more. Never had another jab.

You must have an unknown allergy to an ingredient. A flu jab does not make you ill or anything similar, unless you have an allergy to a jab ingredient.

• Like 1

Posted

Alsace looks like turning into a horror show .

86 cases now . And also more across France with a link to that religious festival .

Macron needs to lock down that area  and make sure everyone who attended self isolates .

Something has gone seriously wrong at that religious festival . 

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Well these are my thoughts and Occam’s razor would suggest so but I don’t know. This is so tough. I swing from extreme panic and then complete relaxation about the whole thing and back again several times a day. I hate it.

Im the same its the media that changes your perspective. But to be honest theres a clear pattern on who it affects and yes its sad. But a very high percent of the deaths have been elderly . I might add its affected weakened immune systems as well,but even with them cases how many people that are not elderly group have died. Still low. But of course we will no more in coming weeks i would think..

• Like 1

Posted
28 minutes ago, Dami said:

Thing is it was about 3 months. I also never had a flu jab until recent times. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
17 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Alsace looks like turning into a horror show .

86 cases now . And also more across France with a link to that religious festival .

Macron needs to lock down that area  and make sure everyone who attended self isolates .

Something has gone seriously wrong at that religious festival . 

Was roaming around net trying to find info on that but came across article re France flu epidemic. With 44 deaths so far.  So guess french hospitals will have problems?  https://www.thelocal.fr/20200225/france-declares-flu-epidemic-as-26-people-die

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

BNO Newsroom

@BNODesk·8m

NEW: San Francisco reports first 2 cases of coronavirus; both are the result of community spread

That there is concerning!!

Edited by pip22
  • Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, pip22 said:

BNO Newsroom

@BNODesk·8m

NEW: San Francisco reports first 2 cases of coronavirus; both are the result of community spread

That there is concerning!!

Indeed, I am not having the numbers from America, cannot be anywhere near accurate.

• Like 1