Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
51 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Iran have reported 205 new cases and 9 new deaths

Total cases 593 and 43 deaths

I have seen a suggestion that Iranian high deaths are due to strong steroids being used inappropriately ( DIY treatment) as they can be bought over the counter.
That's certainly preferable to a new more deadly strain.
There was a comment that they were seeing subtle genetic differences in the virus among UK cases already.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
5 minutes ago, 4wd said:

I have seen a suggestion that Iranian high deaths are due to strong steroids being used inappropriately ( DIY treatment) as they can be bought over the counter.
That's certainly preferable to a new more deadly strain.
There was a comment that they were seeing subtle genetic differences in the virus among UK cases already.

Just had another 'Friday prayers' event....... kinda links in with your 'Limiting Crowds in close quarters' comment?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
9 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

It's in London, that's just great news, not. Does the northern line go to Ealing /Brentford? I have a daughter in uni over their. 

It's all good it doesn't go there, so hopefully she hasn't used the line. 

didn’t mean to spread alarm, that was just a hypothetical quote to say they have no chance tracing it tho once it gets onto London transport - it’s basically escaped into the wider community by then.

I genuinely think I might probably have already contracted it, been on Northern, Piccadilly and Victoria lines last week when they were busy and from one end of zone 2 to the other. Also went on a couple of overground. Guy sneezed at one point and I don’t think he covered his mouth or used a tissue (sadly a lot of people don’t) so if CoVid can hitch the tube it’s gonna probably infect a lot of people very, very quickly.

Just glad it’s got a *relatively* low mortality rate, not that any mortality rate is good news...

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

didn’t mean to spread alarm, that was just a hypothetical quote to say they have no chance tracing it tho once it gets onto London transport - it’s basically escaped into the wider community by then.

I genuinely think I might probably have already contracted it, been on Northern, Piccadilly and Victoria lines last week when they were busy and from one end of zone 2 to the other. Also went on a couple of overground. Guy sneezed at one point and I don’t think he covered his mouth or used a tissue (sadly a lot of people don’t) so if CoVid can hitch the tube it’s gonna probably infect a lot of people very, very quickly.

Just glad it’s got a *relatively* low mortality rate, not that any mortality rate is good news...

I think we ALL have to accept we will catch it at some point and think happy thoughts about the 4 out of 5 outcomes that are a piece of pizz.....

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted

It reminds me a lot of the F&M outbreak - or rather one-step-too-late official attempts to deal with it do.

That resulted in total lockdown + no income here for more than six months (but we weren't culled due to my pre-emptive actions)

Edited by Norrance
Off topic bit
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
11 minutes ago, 4wd said:

It reminds me a lot of the F&M outbreak - or rather one-step-too-late official attempts to deal with it do.
Quite like the idea of culling everyone inside the M25 if it hits the tube though

That resulted in total lockdown + no income here for more than six months (but we weren't culled due to my pre-emptive actions)

I remember F&M well.We had a fledgling business in the Yorkshire Dales (gifts and crafts) and although we were far more fortunate than others, in that we lost little personal investment, it demised. After we shut in May, we took a holiday and I can remember standing at the station waiting for a train to MAN and hearing shots in the nearby fields and smelling the foul smell of burning animals on pyres. It was a badly handled catastrophe - as usual.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Five Serie A matches postponed

• Juventus v Inter Milan
  • Udinese v Fiorentina
  • AC Milan v Genoa
  • Parma v Spal
  • Sassuolo v Brescia

The following games are going ahead as planned

•  Lazio v Bologna
  • Napoli v Torino
  • Lecce v Atalanta
  • Cagliari v Roma

Sampdoria v Hellas Verona is still TBC for Monday night

Posted

Discounting all previous references to Dean Koontz and other silly false attributions of prediction, does anyone really think that this pathogen could be a man-made one? I have no idea how you go about separating fact from falsehood or proving yes or no but just pondering on a wet and windy Saturday lunchtime (here)...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
12 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

Discounting all previous references to Dean Koontz and other silly false attributions of prediction, does anyone really think that this pathogen could be a man-made one? I have no idea how you go about separating fact from falsehood or proving yes or no but just pondering on a wet and windy Saturday lunchtime (here)...

I haven't put any credence in to that what so ever, I doubt it's human made. However who knows, and I seriously hope it isn't. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
26 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

I'd imagine that, were COVID-19 artificial, it'd be both more virulent and more contagious; it'd also have a mortality-rate greater than ten percent...the more the merrier?

On another note --- it seems our illustrious leaders have locked themselves away, into places where they can 'self isolate' to their hearts' content!

Edited by General Cluster
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

What this does show though if we had a virus infection with a much larger mortality rate we wouldn't be able to contain it.

Listening to Boris that the NHS could cope who's he kidding.

• Like 4

Posted
5 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Listening to Boris that the NHS could cope who's he kidding.

Himself? The psychology of narcissistic high power need individuals is interesting...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Snow.
36 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

All you would need is a virus an aerosol can and a crowded marketplace..

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 minutes ago, Dreckly said:

All you would need is a virus an aerosol can and a crowded marketplace..

And a full protective suit so you don't catch it your self, which is something people would have noticed. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
18 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

I'd imagine that, were COVID-19 artificial, it'd be both more virulent and more contagious; it'd also have a mortality-rate greater than ten percent...the more the merrier?

On another note --- it seems our illustrious leaders have locked themselves away, into places where they can 'self isolate' to their hearts' content!

Not necessarily, different groups have a different genetic make up and different vulnerability levels, they don't want it to wipe out the whole worlds population as they would have no one to wait on them hand and foot in their constituency offices and the houses of parliament, we are not talking about al qaeda.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Snow.
2 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

And a full protective suit so you don't catch it your self, which is something people would have noticed. 

Or a timed device like an automatic air freshener. 

Posted
13 minutes ago, Dreckly said:

Or a timed device like an automatic air freshener. 

.... or maybe, even a bottle of perfume...

No bio-hazard suited persons witnessed in the delivery of that one though many in evidence after the event.

• Like 1

Posted

You'd freeze it in a ice block and leave the block to melt....... or a 'Please Try!' atomizer on the womens perfume stand?.....

Edited by Gray-Wolf
  • Like 1

Guest Delete Me

A new research among corona virus patients in China show that only 43.8% have fever on admission, only 67.8% have cough and 17.9% have no lung abnormality in CT/XRay scan

Guest Delete Me

A troubling new case of corona virus in Oregon:

•  Person is employed at a school.
  •  Had symptoms 9 days ago but only tested today.
  • No travel history.
  • A case of community transmission.
  • First case in Oregon.

I know this school and others have shut for deep cleans and disinfectant, this does nothing if the person has weaponized the virus via aerosol over 9 days then it will be in the airflow, ducts, aircon, ahu etc

Edited by Delete Me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
35 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Not necessarily, different groups have a different genetic make up and different vulnerability levels, they don't want it to wipe out the whole worlds population as they would have no one to wait on them hand and foot in their constituency offices and the houses of parliament, we are not talking about al qaeda.

But that level of specificity is currently confined to the realms of science-fiction feb. Thank goodness!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Spikecollie said:

Sure beats lobbing dead bodies over the castle wall with a siege engine.

• Like 2