Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
20 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Quite a big increase today in French cases .

At the moment they seem to be currently clusters in certain departments . 

I remain in my bubble here ! I’m actually surprised that no cases as yet have been confirmed down here .

Lourdes has a huge amount of overseas visitors from all over the world  , towards Easter there will be a massive influx then .

I'm in my nice rural bubble too! I hope they don't close the Lourdes shrine. People need solace in bad times. Mecca and Medina have been shut to foreign visitors. I am an agnostic but I appreciate the comfort that religious belief brings to people and the need to connect en masse with their brethren...

• Like 3

Posted
7 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

He's going to nuke it and it will fall into the sea - along with the rocket (before it detonates its payload).

Edited by Spikecollie
  • Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

I'm in my nice rural bubble too! I hope they don't close the Lourdes shrine. People need solace in bad times. Mecca and Medina have been shut to foreign visitors. I am an agnostic but I appreciate the comfort that religious belief brings to people and the need to connect en masse with their brethren...

I think the bubble might be giving me a false sense of security at present ! Each time new cases are reported I quickly find out where and breathe a sigh of relief when it’s not down here . As for Lourdes well at the moment it’s pretty quiet but come Easter it will be very busy and that could be a problem . 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

I think the bubble might be giving me a false sense of security at present ! Each time new cases are reported I quickly find out where and breathe a sigh of relief when it’s not down here . As for Lourdes well at the moment it’s pretty quiet but come Easter it will be very busy and that could be a problem . 

My bubble's pretty rural, 40k north of Limoges in the middle of the Limousin countryside. BUT, I work as an Aide a Domicile (my vocation after all these years?) and fear for my lovely people). Nothing here so far but if there is - who wants to go to work with 80 year old plus folks who will almost definitely die if they get it?

• Like 2

Posted
25 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

I'm a 1.5 million km + traveller. Nothing fazed me (much!!!) travelling for work and leisure. Been to China, Ukraine, Australia, USA, North Africa to name but a few places for both work and holidays. Hubby is a less comfortable traveller, bit of fear of flying which I have helped him get over but also a bit less cognitively flexible than I am about cultural issues. I feel less of an urge to travel now that I am settled in my idyll here in rural France with everything I want and I have decided that work travel is just too disruptive to the things that I want most in life.

Would I travel right now?  Yes - I would and I will again (when we are ready). There's an amazing world to explore but there will always be risks.

Great we can blame people like you for climate change... Joking aside if you want a bargain holiday abroad to Asia the Americas it could be best time ever to do it i am thinking mayan ruins me self This virus only seems to kill old and frail and clearly your going to catch it anywhere in the world... may aswell have a holiday might catch it their.. but if u do.. its a virus no cure its your body v a virus same as it would anywhere in world

Posted
5 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Great we can blame people like you for climate change... Joking aside if you want a bargain holiday abroad to Asia the Americas it could be best time ever to do it i am thinking mayan ruins me self This virus only seems to kill old and frail and clearly your going to catch it anywhere in the world... may aswell have a holiday might catch it their.. but if u do.. its a virus no cure its your body v a virus same as it would anywhere in world

I am a repenter! My sins are done...I acknowledge them! But I might bag a bargain for us, if my OH ever gets back from the UK at the end of March!

Edited by Spikecollie
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
32 minutes ago, emax said:

Do you genuinely believe what you say, or is it just for effect? Im honestly curious!

Just wait until 'The Fear' sets in with you about whether 'You feel Lucky Punk' and then you might consider my other 'Mother Shipton-esque revelations my friend.........

Posted
16 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

My bubble's pretty rural, 40k north of Limoges in the middle of the Limousin countryside. BUT, I work as an Aide a Domicile (my vocation after all these years?) and fear for my lovely people). Nothing here so far but if there is - who wants to go to work with 80 year old plus folks who will almost definitely die if they get it?

A fart carries far further than a sneeze.......... never mind if you smelt it you dwelt it...... read the Japanese paper on atomisation from bog seats left up when you flush.....

Posted
14 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

It's a NOVEL virus!!!

We all catch it

It's up to you 'When' (if you're savvy)......if you're not then it's probably over peak infection with no health service nor other services/petrol/food and , if you're on pumped water, water.......

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, swebby said:

Oh crap, potentially translates to 10,000 to 20,000 cases then.

I actually hope it does in one sense or there is the potential the virus could of mutated into something far more deadly and that does not bear thinking about!!

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Gray-Wolf said:

It's a NOVEL virus!!!

We all catch it

It's up to you 'When' (if you're savvy)......if you're not then it's probably over peak infection with no health service nor other services/petrol/food and , if you're on pumped water, water.......

Most people will going by the spread so no point hiding from it...nothing novel about it, just truth most people will catch it..Being a virus medical attention nothing works apart from the lungs breathing stuff so health care aint really a issue 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

Just wait until 'The Fear' sets in with you about whether 'You feel Lucky Punk' and then you might consider my other 'Mother Shipton-esque revelations my friend.........

Errrmm, oh dear lol.........such a shame!

Posted

The DT headline is ridiculous.

And just adding to the hysteria. The virus is no easier to transmit than the flu and 1 in 10 people don’t end up in hospital with that .

The virus might cause a higher mortality rate than flu and a higher proportion of people might become seriously ill but that still would never lead to anything like that many people in hospital .

• Like 2

Posted
18 minutes ago, emax said:

Errrmm, oh dear lol.........such a shame!

I'll await your comments in 5 weeks my friend..... no, honest! I WILL.....

Posted
1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

Folk just need realise 'it's out there and spreading'..... or don't they? If not, why not?

• Like 2

Posted
21 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

The DT headline is ridiculous.

And just adding to the hysteria. The virus is no easier to transmit than the flu and 1 in 10 people don’t end up in hospital with that .

The virus might cause a higher mortality rate than flu and a higher proportion of people might become seriously ill but that still would never lead to anything like that many people in hospital .

I think that first paragraph is badly worded: probably misquoting stats which have that percentage for Covid-19 severe cases. A look at the Italian stats show....

821 cases, break down as follows...

412 asymptomatic or very mild at home

345 in hospital

64 in intensive care 

21 deceased. (not counted in the 821 total)

Half of their cases need hospitalisation ... that's a big additional load on a stretched (at best of times) NHS!

Edited by Gael_Force
  • Like 1

Guest Delete Me

The virus is increasingly becoming asymptomatic and is also now confirmed as having the ability to re-infect a patient who has tested negative and given the all clear.

nCoV-2019 when aerosolized is a completely different animal and the current protocols, infection control measures and travel bans are inadequate to stop a pandemic.

• China - 3.6% mortality rate and still spreading at an alarming rate -  the only reason we see a slow down in numbers is due to the reporting changes
  • Iran - 8.8% mortality rate and an alarming spread to other persian/arab countries considering the border controls and regime in place.
  • Italy - 2.3% mortality rate and a real fear now that Europe cannot stop the spread, some countries will have a ticking time bomb number of cases waiting to explode in the next 5-10 days
  • South Korea - 0.6% mortality rate and spreading uncontrollably akin to early January in Wuhan, small number of deaths compared to other countries

We are past containment, Tedros can spout all of the crap he wants every day the fact is that the WHO yet again failed to understand and act upon the seriousness of the viral outbreak. It was well documented by scientists and senior doctors in China at the start of the outbreak in Wuhan, they knew the CCP were covering things up and proceeded to fall inline when uncle Xi Jingping told them to.

I'm afraid this is it friends, it was nice knowing you all...

Edited by Delete Me

Posted
16 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

The virus is increasingly becoming asymptomatic and is also now confirmed as having the ability to re-infect a patient who has tested negative and given the all clear.

nCoV-2019 when aerosolized is a completely different animal and the current protocols, infection control measures and travel bans are inadequate to stop a pandemic.

• China - 4.4% mortality rate and still spreading at an alarming rate -  the only reason we see a slow down in numbers is due to the reporting changes
  • Iran - 8.8% mortality rate and an alarming spread to other persian/arab countries considering the border controls and regime in place.
  • Italy - 2.3% mortality rate and a real fear now that Europe cannot stop the spread, some countries will have a ticking time bomb number of cases waiting to explode in the next 5-10 days
  • South Korea - 0.6% mortality rate and spreading uncontrollably akin to early January in Wuhan, small number of deaths compared to other countries

We are past containment, Tedros can spout all of the crap he wants every day the fact is that the WHO yet again failed to understand and act upon the seriousness of the viral outbreak. It was well documented by scientists and senior doctors in China at the start of the outbreak in Wuhan, they knew the CCP were covering things up and proceeded to fall inline when uncle Xi Jingping told them to.

I'm afraid this is it friends, it was nice knowing you all...

Your misleading going by confirmed cases. the only one of them to trust really is south korea 

Even ya china figures r not true i rest my case 

Edited by Wiltshire_snow_lover

Guest Delete Me
11 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Your misleading going by confirmed cases. the only one of them to trust really is south korea 

Even ya china figures r not true i rest my case 

China figures updated to 3.6% mortality - thanks for the correction.

I'm not misleading you or anyone else, CCP & Iran cannot be trusted with the numbers I have stated this specifically about China since early January.

As for the do-gooders and deniers on here, open your eyes its party time!

Edited by Delete Me
CBA

Posted
13 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

China figures updated to 3.6% mortality - thanks for the correction.

I'm not misleading you or anyone else, CCP & Iran cannot be trusted with the numbers I have stated this specifically about China since early January.

As for the do-gooders and deniers on here, open your eyes its party time!

My Chinese freinds r still alive i talk to on wechat all the time, their not worried so much for them them selfs just old people