Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

Maybe slightly relevant to this thread   but reports of Turkey allowing all migrants to pass without restriction to Europe   100s seen flocking to greece  as Turkey lifts restrictions   as the battle with Syria escalates.  I suppose it may well highten the risk of exposure   

Is the virus in syria/turkey yet, if not the migrants them selves will not be a problem, I'm assuming however, they don't know about the virus in Europe. This is a nasty move. 

• Like 4

Posted
18 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Is the virus in syria/turkey yet, if not the migrants them selves will not be a problem, I'm assuming however, they don't know about the virus in Europe. This is a nasty move. 

Im unaware of any in those countries   but i would have the thought the testing procedure in Syria for Coronavirus  is pretty low down  on their list of priorities.  But i would have thought the mass movement of people  is something that may well only potentially make things worse?.   espicially  if they make their way through europe 

Edited by weirpig
  • Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Im unaware of any in those countries   but i would have the thought the testing procedure in Syria for Coronavirus  is pretty low down  on their list of priorities.  But i would have thought the mass movement of people  is something that may well only potentially make things worse?. 

Probably not an immediate issue in that refugees will most likely be coming from an area free of infection.  The problem occurs if an outbreak occurs in a refugee camp. Medical facilities may be basic at best, isolation of individuals impossible and as the camp occupants are already itinerant, their logical response would be to leg from the camp it into the wider community.  Epidemics in camps is nothing new however so you would like to think authorities may have measures in place.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Like Japan before it Turkey knows it does not have the ICU/high Dep. wards to spare for 'foreigners' so ship them on.....

The Millions in refugee camps will be decimated once the virus gets into camp and will they receive 'First World' medical care? (even though in a developed Nation?)

Edited by Gray-Wolf
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

South Korea has exceeded 2,000 confirmed cases with another 256 confirmed.

China has seen sharp downwards trend of new cases with 327 new and 44 deaths on Thursday.

British cyclists Chris Froome and Mark Cavendish are being tested for the coronavirus.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

South Korea has exceeded 2,000 confirmed cases with another 256 confirmed.

China has seen sharp downwards trend of new cases with 327 new and 44 deaths on Thursday.

British cyclists Chris Froome and Mark Cavendish are being tested for the coronavirus.

Where did they go? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

And now sub-Saharan Africa is involved too: 

_111070871_gettyimages-1196865510.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The Italian citizen had returned from Milan, in a region badly hit by the outbreak of the virus.

Now, these are the people I really fear for!:oldsad: Whilst some Western leaders are wittering-on about how a few 'investors' might feel their wallets lighten (or rubbing their hands with glee, at the prospect of seeing their 'health-providers'' share-prices skyrocket?) these are the folks who're going to die!:oldangry:

• Like 4

Posted

Really???

Federico Gatti@federicogatti

Only today, four Italian friends called me to report cases of bullying and discrimination towards other Italians due to #coronavirus. A friend has been kicked out from her home in Chelsea and in schools Italian children are victims of verbal abuse.

12:29 - 26 Feb 2020

• Like 5

Posted

China's numbers do seem to be plateauing which would be excellent news if true.  Question is, if the measures China have taken are working, will western democracies follow with the same? The idea of London, Paris or Rome being locked down like Wuhan is something out of a Sci-Fi story, but it is something that is now a real possibility.

China getting control is one thing, other nations however are going to be a problem.  The case numbers in Iran simply do not add up. They may be unlucky with levels of mortality due to weaknesses in health care, they may also only be picking up acute cases in the figures, but their suggestions that it is under control ring hollow when you see infections popping up all over the world with links to Iran. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings
17 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Really???

Only today, four Italian friends called me to report cases of bullying and discrimination towards other Italians due to #coronavirus. A friend has been kicked out from her home in Chelsea and in schools Italian children are victims of verbal abuse.

You think that's mad. Hold my beer (or maybe don't).

Edited by Yarmy
  • Like 4

Posted

One example of how easily things could change very quickly in any town.

2 new cases in France, in the village of La Balme-de-Sillingy, in Haute-Savoie: they are relatives of the first contaminated in the town: a man who had returned from a trip to Italy and whose wife, friend, and friend's wife then contracted the virus. The infected friends had then participated to a 120-guest gathering on Feb. 15. "It is quite possible that there are many more cases in our town," said the mayor, who admits "being worried".

• Like 5

Posted
8 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

I asked my O.H. if we could play 'Dr's and Nurses' yesterday bedtime...........so she put me in the corridor all night.........

Disgraceful! Utter filth! And more to the point, you'll nae be able to hear the machine that goes 'ping'!

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

Disgraceful! Utter filth! And more to the point, you'll nae be able to hear the machine that goes 'ping'!

We have to have the machine that goes 'ping!' Pete!!!

• Like 1

Posted
29 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Really???

That's disgusting, what is wrong with people. 

• Like 4

Posted
13 minutes ago, Yarmy said:

You think that's mad. Hold my beer (or maybe don't).

I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad some people really do have a screw loose, how the hell can people think a beer that isn't even brewed in effected areas is infected with corona just cause its called that. 

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

UK Society has been being told that casual racism is OK for over a decade now.... why didn't more people pull the idiots up way back then instead of utilising it for their 'Sunlit Uplands/Unicorn ownership dreams????

• Like 7

Posted
2 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

One can only assume that, when deity-of-choice came to dish out brain-cells, those idiots were being cared-for by a neighbour?:wallbash:

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Gray-Wolf said:

UK Society has been being told that casual racism is OK for over a decade now.... why didn't more people pull the idiots up way back then instead of utilising it for their 'Sunlit Uplands/Unicorn ownership dreams????

I've no idea, I tried too.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

I've no idea, I tried too.

Ditto!

Posted

Personally I'm worried about the economic impact, I rent holiday cottages in Wales for a living. We get nearly all our bookings from the big four online travel agencies (we rather get direct but that doesn't happen anymore). Already we have had contact from them stating we must allow people to cancel at last min and issue full refunds. With the first case near to me (Swansea) it's an easy way for people to change there plans at my cost. It's been a tough winter and with the recent floods which saw a landslide onto one of our cottages, a few months without bookings would finish us. My wife is also self employed as a child minder. 

Posted

Anyone read this book?

25293304-0-image-a-37_1582841640517.jpg
WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Koontz's thriller The Eyes Of Darkness describes a killer virus named 'Wuhan-400' after the Chinese city it originated in - the same city where COVID-19 was first reported.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

A British man has died after being infected with coronavirus while in quarantine in Japan on the Diamond Princess cruise ship.

Posted
1 minute ago, Snipper said:

Anyone read this book?

25293304-0-image-a-37_1582841640517.jpg
WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Koontz's thriller The Eyes Of Darkness describes a killer virus named 'Wuhan-400' after the Chinese city it originated in - the same city where COVID-19 was first reported.

May be, but I doubt this one was genetically engineered. 

• Like 1