Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
17 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Fallen tired lol

Sadly part of the P.S.V. H1N1 'Blessed' me with was disturbed sleep patterns so though 'knackered' from the moment I open my eyes there is no rest?

Maybe this virus will leave enough folk suffering similar that we can not just be 'dismissed' as 'Fakers'/'Hypochondriac's' ?

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted

So ,eventually, the W.H.O. is set to visit Wuhan?

e52fcded-a93a-428c-b3c2-6fdc909d6091.jpe
WWW.GLOBALTIMES.CN

A World Health Organization (WHO) team of experts is scheduled to visit Wuhan on Saturday, as the medical system in the city has been updated.

Posted
Posted
GettyImages-1195463383.jpg?resize=1200%2
WWW.MIDDLEEASTMONITOR.COM

Lebanon confirmed its first coronavirus case on Friday and said it was monitoring two other potential cases after a 45-year-old woman who returned from Iran tested positive, reported Reuters. Healt...

As cautioned upthread, should this reach the refugee camps there will be a humanitarian crisis!

• Like 1

Posted
57 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

David, most cases are 'benign', that does not mean it isn't 'it' does it?

Anyhow you did not give me the numbers (in thousands?) of folk arriving back from the 'new hotspots' did you?

EDIT: I think I get you David?

Until we can see 'confirmed cases' my post fails.

Do you not see the 'flaw' in your logic (being the asymptomatic spread prior to symptoms arising?) or do you 'expect' us to believe that every case will 'present' with symptoms/temps as they arrive?????

EDIT,EDIT: So how many folk , to date, who Japan cleared from 'Diamond Princess, have proved positive?

If most cases are "benign" there is v little for those without underlying health issues to worry about. Now, where is my list of ITV horse races for tomorrow afternoon's bets?

Posted
13 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

If most cases are "benign" there is v little for those without underlying health issues to worry about. Now, where is my list of ITV horse races for tomorrow afternoon's bets?

U R havin' a larf surely?

Are you realy of the opinion that this virus is 'static' in it's form B.B.?

You are truly of the opinion that what we 'see' today' is 'IT'?

How did that work out for those in March 1918 with the then virus they saw and signed off on???

EDIT: You truly are a 'Bear of very little brains' are you not?

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted

Tell you what B.B. I'll post this here and now on this forum and dated to this moment

Covid-19 WILL 'suddenly' appear in the UK and cases will show a 'Wuhan' type trajectory

Now, in 10 days, pull up this post and highlight how wrong I was?

Simples.

These posts, as with your previous posts, (which I fully intend to highlight as an example?) are here for good (even of you choose to 'hide' them via the app NW give you access to?) so 'time alone will tell' eh?

Ho Hum......

EDIT: this is not 'AGW' and folk cannot treat me as they did 'then' knowing that they had 'years' before they were proven wrong.....

....and the attacks on me ,personally, would be lost to time....

This is a thing that takes 'weeks' to bring forward answers to the 'alleged' concerns I post .....

Game on!

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted
6 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

Tell you what B.B. I'll post this here and now on this forum and dated to this moment

Covid-19 WILL 'suddenly' appear in the UK and cases will show a 'Wuhan' type trajectory

Now, in 10 days, pull up this post and highlight how wrong I was?

Simples.

These posts, as with your previous posts, (which I fully intend to highlight as an example?) are here for good (even of you choose to 'hide' them via the app NW give you access to?) so 'time alone will tell' eh?

Ho Hum......

Good call.

You have been calling this out for weeks. To be blunt, going by your 'timetable', outlined in numerous posts over last few weeks, it should've been rife in the UK by now. 

Maybe in another few weeks, from now, you'll be proved correct, but, then again, we could be in the 'same place' as this evening, 4 weeks from now.

Posted
1 minute ago, Bristle boy said:

Good call.

You have been calling this out for weeks. To be blunt, going by your 'timetable', outlined in numerous posts over last few weeks, it should've been rife in the UK by now. 

Maybe in another few weeks, from now, you'll be proved correct, but, then again, we could be in the 'same place' as this evening, 4 weeks from now.

So I am 'wrong' for not foreseeing the extreme measures China has unleashed???

China has 'stalled' the spread

They did not cull the spread

Now it is 'our turn'?

I'm sorry B.B. but your 'Happy Clappy' outlook doesn't really cut mustard?

If you 'disagree' talk with me in 10 days (I will accept your abject apologise for just how wrong you have been over this period?) then post your evaluation then?

Ho Hum......

Posted

In Italy, 50,000 citizens are being asked to stay home in an area where everything is going to be closed apart from essential services. I wonder how many people on here would have the provisions in the home if they were suddenly faced with such a situation. This is a lot more complicated than just the inconvenience of a 'bad cold'. Authorities are taking this very seriously and acting swiftly to contain: who can argue with them when you read the latest paper in the Lancet...

• Like 6

Posted

All the extended sniping by some does get a bit tedious. You have made your points again and again. It tends to clutter up this thread for no benefit. 

Edited by Snipper
  • Like 4

Posted
8 hours ago, Gael_Force said:

In Italy, 50,000 citizens are being asked to stay home in an area where everything is going to be closed apart from essential services. I wonder how many people on here would have the provisions in the home if they were suddenly faced with such a situation. This is a lot more complicated than just the inconvenience of a 'bad cold'. Authorities are taking this very seriously and acting swiftly to contain: who can argue with them when you read the latest paper in the Lancet...

Yes I have been wondering how much food backup some may have. Thinking in particular those who rely heavily on take away food and are not in practice to do home cooking (if they ever were).

Doesn't cause me a problem but I would miss fresh stuff that is lacking this time of year from the garden or allotment. 

Appreciate many don’t have the opportunity to grow their own even if they had the inclination. 

Would have to check out all those UFO’s at the bottom of the freezer. (Unidentified Frozen Objects)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
34 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Yes I have been wondering how much food backup some may have. Thinking in particular those who rely heavily on take away food and are not in practice to do home cooking (if they ever were).

Doesn't cause me a problem but I would miss fresh stuff that is lacking this time of year from the garden or allotment. 

Appreciate many don’t have the opportunity to grow their own even if they had the inclination. 

Would have to check out all those UFO’s at the bottom of the freezer. (Unidentified Frozen Objects)

I've loads of frozen stuff, including our own produce from last year and I'm mainly veggie anyway. The kitchen cupboard has a good supply of pasta and lentils etc.

I probably mentioned that I have been having problems sleeping. Well I got about 6 continuous hours last night which was nothing short of blissful but was terminated by a nightmare centred around COVID-19 - every form of transport had shut down, no petrol/diesel and then the electricity went off and my freezer was leaking gunky water onto the floor. I turned the tap on in the sink to start mopping up - nothing.

Yes, just a nightmare but where does your brain get this stuff from that can leave you unsettled for hours after?

It won't, can't, couldn't happen - could it?

• Like 1

Posted

Italy, Iran and South Korea are not having a good Saturday..

Italy - 2nd death announced:

http://‪https://reut.rs/2HMqNw0‬

Iran - 5th death:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-china-health-iran/ten-new-cases-of-coronavirus-in-iran-one-dead-health-ministry-idUKKCN20G0C6?il=0

South Korea - cases more than double:

http://‪https://reut.rs/2PbG79C‬

• Like 3

Posted

Not done the rounds yet so thought I'd catch up on here.

Sorry for your nocturnal Nasties Spike, brains ordering the days thoughts can sometimes show us just what the 'Cage of chattering monkeys' masks eh?

Luckily my meds ensure I'm fully unaware of such nighttime machinations?

Let's keep our eyes on Iran's totals over the coming weeks (and the Nations that have frequent travel with them?) as it will enlighten those who feel we are 'well removed' from the action just how interconnected we all are?

EDIT: Well I wish I hadn't bothered to look!

Ignorance is bliss eh?

I take it we have to take Iran's 'news' with a similar dose of NaCl that we employ for China?

If we extrapolate 'cases' from their current fatalities it would appear they have a real issue on their hands?

S.Korea is also showing a rapid evolution.

6 more folk test positive in Oz from the evacuated Diamond Princess....I'm starting to wonder if Japan knew it could not spare the bed space for the number of cases the ship would finally produce whilst they had their own 'home grown' crisis unfolding?

Italy is another place to watch?

I think folk need be aware that all these 'Outside China' cases have been out in their communities prior to falling sick enough to present and that all their contacts will have a similar period of infecting others before they present?

Edited by Gray-Wolf
  • Like 1

Posted

A wider perspective on the consequences of the topic;

Hospital-in-Shanghai-closed.jpg
WWW.CARBONBRIEF.ORG

As China battles one of the most serious virus epidemics of the century, the impacts...

• Like 3

Posted

This is so sad;

img.jpg
WWW.ITV.COM

A couple from Northamptonshire who tested positive for coronavirus been diagnosed with pneumonia. David and Sally Abel were on board the Diamond...

• Like 2

Posted
5e4d7c6da27fc52a38028122?width=1200&form
WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

The continued spread of the deadly coronavirus in China prompts an obvious question: When will this end?

• Like 1

Posted

Italy doing some testing of their 'bad flu' patients ...wonder where else in the world might get a surprise if they did the same.

First case of Coronavirus also in the Venetian: the latest news on the Gazzettino. This is a 1953 man residing in Mira who had been hospitalized in Dolo hospital for what appeared to be symptoms of a strong flu. Subjected to the examination of the swab provided by the protocol for the analysis of Coronavirus, it was positive and the isolation procedures were immediately activated. The man is in serious condition.

The 75-year-old, after being visited by the doctors for flu, had returned home, where her condition had then worsened, to precipitate in the last hours: the woman went off to her home and the confirmation of the infection came after her death: the analyzes in fact, they were performed on the body after death. Meanwhile, the number of infections has increased in the region, where the first Italian outbreak was discovered on Friday: the number of cases ascertained now has risen to 32. The virus has also arrived in the Cremona and Pavia area.

Doctors in a different area.

Coronavirus, the two infected in Pavia are doctors
by ect 22 February 2020

Milan, Feb. 22 (LaPresse) - The two people who tested positive for the coronavirus test in the province of Pavia are a couple, husband and wife, both doctors. He is a general practitioner in Pieve Porto Morone, she is an operative pediatrician in the Lodi area. The authorities confirm this.

https://www.lapresse.it/cronaca/coro...ws/2020-02-22/

• Like 2

Posted
AgEXQTJnRjk4bll3UnA2Nk5mMi1lRTRyRFEAMA
APPLE.NEWS

Public health researchers in the U.K. say that the spread of misinformation during a disease outbreak may make the outbreak more severe. They hope their findings might help other public health officials...

Could be a case that Government should be bold and clear but as we know many only believe what they read on Twitter and the like. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Gael_Force said:

Italy doing some testing of their 'bad flu' patients ...wonder where else in the world might get a surprise if they did the same.

I mooted such upthread?

If Nations were really serious about this then ALL would be checking 'Heavy cold/Flu' as potential carriers but we, as a planet, have not been doing so?

You'd have thought we'd react in line with the news of the virus and its 'qualities' but all we get is a 'Fur coat and no knickers' approach to stopping its spread?

Again I'll be warned off if I say 'Why' I believe the developed world is reacting so...... but then once it is confirmed as 'Pandemic' (at present we have 5 of the 6 indicators as laid out by W.H.O.) World trade can re-start eh? (only 2 weeks worth of containers left according to U.S. reports?.....but then a 'Just In Time' Global manufacturing ethos was always going to struggle when supply was interrupted as we know full well from our Brexshyte scares?.....

Nice to think the 'Powers that be' rate commerce over citizens eh? (but then A.I/mechanisation is set to halve current 'job' numbers...across ALL layers of employment... through the '4th industrial revolution' over the next 15 years so 'what the hey?' eh?)

Edited by Gray-Wolf
  • Like 3

Posted

Isn’t the down turn in manufacturing and trade what Extinction Rebellion and others are advocating?  They should be very pleased. Pollution indicators for China indicate a substantial improvement. All very good but what of the human cost in the short and longer term?

Perhaps the virus is going to rebalance over population, which is problem few would try and do anything about. 

It is everyone’s right to have too many babies and expect the cost to be born by others. A somewhat selfish attitude.