Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
14 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

Look at Fridge Magnets treatment of the flooded communities and you'll get some idea what he will do for those whose families are financially blighted by Covid-19?

I guess it's up to the people to help one another out?

Solidarity Comrade!

Actually, off topic for this thread  but in Summer 2007 55,000 homes were affected by floods in UK; around 2000 have been affected in last week or so. This from The Guardian - "493 projects were completed between 2015 and 2018 protecting over 150,000 homes that were prone to flooding." And....

"A further 499 projects were due to begin construction between 2019 and 2021, protecting a further 341,875 homes." Source: The Guardian

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
1 hour ago, Bristle boy said:

Actually, off topic for this thread  but in Summer 2007 55,000 homes were affected by floods in UK; around 2000 have been affected in last week or so. This from The Guardian - "493 projects were completed between 2015 and 2018 protecting over 150,000 homes that were prone to flooding." And....

"A further 499 projects were due to begin construction between 2019 and 2021, protecting a further 341,875 homes." Source: The Guardian

Have you looked at the rainfall radar coupled with the warnings for the next 3 days B,B,

There are times I think your only teacher will be 'experience'......

Posted
22 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

Have you looked at the rainfall radar coupled with the warnings for the next 3 days B,B,

There are times I think your only teacher will be 'experience'......

Yep. Never really understood why our forefathers settled in flood prone areas. Close(ish) to here is Tewkesbury, Glos - always gets flooded, even in normal rainfall years. Plus, many communities in areas of outstanding beauty, but prone to floods, have always resisted proper engineered flood schemes, as many plans feature concrete monstrosities which those communities reject. Pay your money take your choice, i guess.

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted

Coming to a town near you ......soon.....

sjm-ly-Europe-Outbreak_72761916-2.jpg?w=
WWW.EASTBAYTIMES.COM

Despite the calls for safeguards, Italians were having a hard time finding protective face masks. A sampling of Milan pharmacies reported selling out out...

Posted
Just now, Bristle boy said:

Yep. Never really understood why our forefathers settled in flood prone areas. Close(ish) to here is Tewkesbury, Glos - always gets flooded, even in normal rainfall years. Plus, many communities in areas of outstanding beauty, but prone to floods, have alwats resisted proper engineered flood schemes, as many plans feature concrete monstrosities which those communities reject. Pay your money take your choice, i guess.

How about the necessity to mine coal in the Welsh Valleys ? How about the necessity to utilise 'water power' in the Southern Pennines to weave wool ....jeeez man have you no idea?

• Like 2

Posted
On 23/01/2020 at 17:04, The PIT said:

Ahh another scare story another one to add to the list of diseases that were going to wipe us out. Aids, Bird Flu, Sars, and now the "carnivore" virus.

The Govenment says they are checking people but people flying into Heathrow are reporting no checks being done. 

Give it six months it could well be forgotten. To put it into perspective 600 people a year die from flu in the UK rising to 10,000 in bad years.

I see B.B. was the only like for this post?

Let's have a look further to see the prescience of his wisdom eh?

Posted
5 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

Coming to a town near you ......soon.....

sjm-ly-Europe-Outbreak_72761916-2.jpg?w=
WWW.EASTBAYTIMES.COM

Despite the calls for safeguards, Italians were having a hard time finding protective face masks. A sampling of Milan pharmacies reported selling out out...

According to you its been 'soon' for several weeks already....

Any chance you can tell me when?

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, DAVID SNOW said:

According to you its been 'soon' for several weeks already....

Any chance you can tell me when?

Again, this post will stand the test of time David so I hope you know something I do not......

Posted
1 minute ago, Gray-Wolf said:

Again, this post will stand the test of time David so I hope you know something I do not......

Nope, I know nothing, just asking when is soon?

Posted

Oh David!

We are just seeing it break loose from China (no matter the draconian measures they employed there to keep it there?)

Now it is our turn

When this thread started there were 13 dead and less than 200 infected?

We saw on Diamond Princess that it does not just 'favour Asian' peoples but we were not , at that time ,seeing the 3.7% cfr ( appearing to be a 'conservative' measure due to media control in China?) from those infected?

Now it is here ( if 'cured folk are still active spreaders) and walking among us?

I'm sorry I have no direct 'time line' for you for its spread ,merely concerns for its spread, but spreading it is!

Can you tell me the mutations/recombinations we will see over its spread through the West please?

Edited by Gray-Wolf
  • Like 1

Posted

Oh David!

We are just seeing it break loose from China (no matter the draconian measures they employed there to keep it there?)

Now it is our turn

When this thread started there were 13 dead and less than 200 infected?

We saw on Diamond Princess that it does not just 'favour Asian' peoples but we were not , at that time ,seeing the 3.7% cfr ( appearing to be a 'conservative' measure due to media control in China?)

Now it is here ( if 'cured folk are still active spreaders) and walking among us?

I'm sorry I have no direct 'time line' for you for its spread ,merely concerns for its spread, but spreading it is!

Can you tell me the mutations/recombinations we will see over its spread through the West please?

Nope cant answer, don't know I am not an expert.

But if you going to be ever so dramatic by saying a town near you 'soon', then I would like your definition of soon please, thanks.

Posted
2 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Nope cant answer, don't know I am not an expert.

But if you going to be ever so dramatic by saying a town near you 'soon', then I would like your definition of soon please, thanks.

Now

EDIT: And if you wish to prove me wrong you'll need to wait 14 days min and 42 days max.....

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted
4 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

Now

EDIT: And if you wish to prove me wrong you'll need to wait 14 days min and 42 days max.....

Thanks, so the soon is actually now then......

Reports from towns near 'you'  should be coming through within the hour, or tomorrow perhaps, that would prove your soon AND now.

Posted

David , tell me your logic as to why we have not ,unknowingly, been importing Covid-19 since Jan?

Look at what we know about the virus, it qualities,its abilities, and why WE ,here in the UK are immune?

See what has happened in Japan/Singapore/S.Korea/Iran/Italy, and the links to 'China' the majority of the cases there show, and why we are not days away from our first 'non connected' confirmed cases (and the headache that tracking 'contacts'/areas contaminated brings?)

Please try and be realistic and not just 'ever hopeful'! 

EDIT: No matter the 'confirmed' cases that we know know may well be spreading among us though 'cured', how many others have arrived from Singapore/Japan/S.Korea/Iran/Italy the past 2 weeks?

Edited by Gray-Wolf
  • Like 1

Posted
40 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Thanks, so the soon is actually now then......

Reports from towns near 'you'  should be coming through within the hour, or tomorrow perhaps, that would prove your soon AND now.

Again ,date stamped and ever lasting.....

Posted

Again ,date stamped and ever lasting.....

Thanks, so now it is, and the reports should be coming in from my town(or the nearest) tonight or tomorrow then?

• Like 1

Posted
coronavirus-microscope-us.jpg?quality=90
NYPOST.COM

The US now has 34 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus, officials with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced Friday. However...

Posted
img.jpg
WWW.ITV.COM

There’s one figure not being included in the daily coronavirus updates in China, the number of disappeared; the activists, professors, lawyers and regular citizens...

Posted
14 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Thanks, so now it is, and the reports should be coming in from my town(or the nearest) tonight or tomorrow then?

David, most cases are 'benign', that does not mean it isn't 'it' does it?

Anyhow you did not give me the numbers (in thousands?) of folk arriving back from the 'new hotspots' did you?

EDIT: I think I get you David?

Until we can see 'confirmed cases' my post fails.

Do you not see the 'flaw' in your logic (being the asymptomatic spread prior to symptoms arising?) or do you 'expect' us to believe that every case will 'present' with symptoms/temps as they arrive?????

EDIT,EDIT: So how many folk , to date, who Japan cleared from 'Diamond Princess, have proved positive?

Edited by Gray-Wolf
  • Like 1

Posted

David , you've fallen silent?

Edited by Gray-Wolf