Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Snow.
2019-coronavirus.png
WWW.CDC.GOV

2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) is a virus (more specifically, a coronavirus) identified as the cause of an outbreak of respiratory illness first detected in Wuhan, China.

some information from the CDC

• Like 1

Posted
Maps_H.png?itok=Ado9wqZG
WWW.ECDC.EUROPA.EU

See the latest information on the geographical distribution of 2019-nCov cases globally

Posted
10 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

Well B.B. , the lines are now drawn, let's see who , over the next 4 weeks, appears the biggest plonker eh?

I do note your posts do not attract many 'Likes'?

Had you noticed that?

EDIT: Is this what drives you?

The fact that nobody 'Likes' You?

Blimey GW, and this is not a criticism of you personally, but if anything ever summed up social media..... do 'likes' provide validation?  Who sits around counting their 'likes' and comparing to others', let alone judges others by the numbers?

I could probably find a site that is populated by people that think this virus is a plague sent from God and get loads of likes by posting stuff that they will, you know, 'like'.  

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

I think , as I do , things that I feel are 'worthwhile' demand recognition?

As such ,when online, you show that appreciation via the 'Like' option?

Are you a part time user or are your 'beliefs' on such considered and experienced?

EDIT: And let's keep thing solidly based in 'Netweather.Com' and not the wider web eh?

This is where we post and discuss.

This is OUR Thread on the evolving crisis that China (and possibly the World?) now face?

Edited by Gray-Wolf
  • Like 1

Posted

So does this mean that when you post something that you think deserves a 'like' and you get a 'like' this makes you feel vindicated? When you don't get a like do you wonder why not?  If others post and don't get a 'like' then this means no-one likes them and makes you feel better about the 'likes' you've got?

I'm increasingly of the view that social media really isn't for me.

• Like 2

Posted
cdc-masks.jpg?w=640
WWW.SLASHGEAR.COM

As the number of cases of coronavirus COVID-19 grows worldwide, the US CDC has detailed the primary ways in which the SARS-like illness could be spread, and...

Posted
7 minutes ago, abruzzi spur said:

So does this mean that when you post something that you think deserves a 'like' and you get a 'like' this makes you feel vindicated? When you don't get a like do you wonder why not?  If others post and don't get a 'like' then this means no-one likes them and makes you feel better about the 'likes' you've got?

I'm increasingly of the view that social media really isn't for me.

Social media is a new form of communication.

For those of us that grew up ,and matured, in the absence of such we may find it disturbing but then so did the folk throwing clogs into machinery in France at the start of the industrial revolution?

Are you a clog thrower?

EDIT:

"Come mothers and fathers throughout the land
And don’t criticize what you can’t understand
Your sons and your daughters are beyond your command
Your old road is rapidly aging
Please get outta' the new one if you can’t lend your hand
For the times they are a-changin'......"

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted
1 minute ago, Gray-Wolf said:

Social media is a new form of communication.

For those of us that grew up ,and matured, in the absence of such we may find it disturbing but then so did the folk throwing clogs into machinery in France at the start of the industrial revolution?

Are you a clog thrower?

Are you not able to answer my points about 'likes'?

Anyway, clearly off topic, I suspect that's at least partly my fault.  Makes a change from end of the world stuff I guess. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, abruzzi spur said:

Are you not able to answer my points about 'likes'?

Anyway, clearly off topic, I suspect that's at least partly my fault.  Makes a change from end of the world stuff I guess. 

'Likes' surely give you some indication of the 'likeability' of the offered post within the community you post within?

I accept that the 'flat earther' forums are a very narrow 'bubble' of humanity but is Net W (IYHO?) an example of such?

Posted

I still can’t understand the lack of cases in Europe .

Here in France we’ve had 11 . The last reported cases were in the ski resort over a week ago.

If we can remain lucky and get to spring and especially summer then warmer conditions would further help to slow the spread .

I wonder whether the mild conditions have helped in Europe as these types of viruses generally like colder and drier air .

The droplets from coughs and sneezes remain air borne for longer in those conditions.

Either way it’s some relief that we’re not seeing a big increase in cases in Europe .

Edited by nick sussex
  • Like 1

Is this part of the forum always like this? To allow this sort of "unstable" behaviour carry on? Dont get me wrong, I'm not one for censoring people by any means, but there seems to be the COVID-19 version of Piers Corbyn loose in here, which surprises me lol

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Here in France we’ve had 11 . The last reported cases were in the ski resort over a week ago.

If we can remain lucky and get to spring and especially summer then warmer conditions would further help to slow the spread .

I wonder whether the mild conditions have helped in Europe as these types of viruses generally like colder and drier air .

The droplets from coughs and sneezes remain air borne for longer in those conditions.

Either way it’s some relief that we’re not seeing a big increase in cases in Europe .

Singapore 30 plus degrees 68 cases spreading person to person inside the country think incubation period could explain a lot about Europe only time will tell.

• Like 1

Posted

Just to lighten the mood a little .

A warm nose is a good defence against viruses ! Our nose is normally colder than the rest of our body and that’s the better breeding ground for viruses to multiply .

Not sure what sort of device can be produced to keep your nose warm !

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, emax said:

Is this part of the forum always like this? To allow this sort of "unstable" behaviour carry on? Dont get me wrong, I'm not one for censoring people by any means, but there seems to be the COVID-19 version of Piers Corbyn loose in here, which surprises me lol

Can't we keep it respectful in here? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Well, the weather in Wuhan at least, is very similar to here, and its certainly not been dry over there as far as I can tell.

If the medical theories about ACE-2 enzyme are in fact correct, then I'd go for the Asian genetic difference being the reason. Could be that loads of people have had/got it in Europe/ Rest of the World, but its only showing up as a mild cold, whereas the Asian's would be more prone to a harsher stage of the virus.

Its still far too early to tell, and my idea is just a theory based off the medical journals discussing the relationship of ACE-2 enzymes etc. The scientists and doctors may be right, and they may be wrong, we just dont know anything definite yet. Needs another month to start having any concrete answer.

However, to see it spread like wildfire in China, does make you notice that the rest of the world is still relatively devoid of cases. Is it a time lag, is it genetics, is it pollution levels? Who knows......and I dont mean the WHO, because they're just floating with the times.

• Like 1

Posted

I think we need wait until the 'max' incubation period has passed before patting ourselves on the back?

If our chief medical bods are of the opinion we are only catching 1 out of 3 folk arriving here carrying the virus then we not only need to allow incubation but also, for the poor unfortunates that are taken so, serious cases presenting?

We are in the 'eye of the storm' IMHO?

2 weeks from now we will know if it's here or not and so act accordingly

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted
VIRALZONE.EXPASY.ORG

A knowledge resource to understand virus diversity

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, booferking said:

Singapore 30 plus degrees 68 cases spreading person to person inside the country think incubation period could explain a lot about Europe only time will tell.

The spread might have been even worse if it was colder . The incubation period has well passed for most of the positive cases so far if they had passed that on . 

I would have thought the first wave would have been higher. Before China brought in those strict measures there was a lot of travel between there and Europe .

So surely one would have thought the transmission rate would have been higher . 

Posted
5 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

The spread might have been even worse if it was colder . The incubation period has well passed for most of the positive cases so far if they had passed that on . 

I would have thought the first wave would have been higher. Before China brought in those strict measures there was a lot of travel between there and Europe .

So surely one would have thought the transmission rate would have been higher . 

?

We are looking at areas that do not yet acknowledged they have the virus circulating ( ook at Japan currently?)

International air travel continues unimpeded from many Far Eastern International Hubs that have, potentially, been exporting the virus over the past 2 weeks?

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted

One virus many names..

WWW.NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV

THE NCBI Taxonomy database allows browsing of the taxonomy tree, which contains a classification of organisms.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Folk do not like to see such suffering as it imposes upon their own 'perfect' realities Paul?

Shiite happens and sometimes it will leave you broken and struggling (ask our PTSD hopeless hero's out on the streets tonight?) but some would rather label such folk 'weak' and pass by on the other side......Oh! the humanity!

Edited by Gray-Wolf