Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Hi Snipper!

I'm a 'hankey' guy myself so it's in the wash when I get home.... no need to trouble the forests for my nasal offerings is there?

If I'm the one with the infection then I'll be 'On it like Gromit' with my own personal care for sure!

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, booferking said:

I'm meant to fly out to Philippines through Singapore with wife and 3 young kids for a 2 week vacation i really dont know what to do at the minute I'm 70/30 against going. What would you do?

Tough call to make! My biggest concern would be being able to get back if it really kicks off over there during the 2 week holiday. 

Edited by fujita5
  • Like 1

Posted

You don't want to ask my advice....... honestly you don't!!!!

Edit; The Govt. deems me worthy of £238 every 2 weeks so such a 'jaunt' would be well beyond my reach (bare enough to feed me and mine but then at least I can cook from 'scratch') so such an 'investment' probably means more to me than it does to a soul that can 'book' such? (surely the travel comps accept 'late cancellations' without penalty in the current climate?)

I've asked the Mrs and she is with me on this one (even if she lost the dosh because of the cancellation) in that money can be replaced over time?

EDIT:EDIT: I held my Child as they passed from the H1N1 virus so I'm a little broken via the experience so I'd never 'risk' my other Daughter & Son over something like a 'holiday' and its loss?

It is just me (and the scars I bare) so disregard my feelings if it suits, I will fully understand that the 'Skew' my life experience has placed on me makes me see things 'differently'?

Be well and all the best whatever your choice!

Edited by Gray-Wolf
  • Like 2

Posted
28 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

You don't want to ask my advice....... honestly you don't!!!!

Edit; The Govt. deems me worthy of £238 every 2 weeks so such a 'jaunt' would be well beyond my reach (bare enough to feed me and mine but then at least I can cook from 'scratch') so such an 'investment' probably means more to me than it does to a soul that can 'book' such? (surely the travel comps accept 'late cancellations' without penalty in the current climate?)

I've asked the Mrs and she is with me on this one (even if she lost the dosh because of the cancellation) in that money can be replaced over time?

EDIT:EDIT: I held my Child as they passed from the H1N1 virus so I'm a little broken via the experience so I'd never 'risk' my other Daughter & Son over something like a 'holiday' and its loss?

It is just me (and the scars I bare) so disregard my feelings if it suits, I will fully understand that the 'Skew' my life experience has placed on me makes me see things 'differently'?

Be well and all the best whatever your choice!

So sorry for your loss and thanks for your reply.

• Like 2

Posted
33 minutes ago, booferking said:

I'm meant to fly out to Philippines through Singapore with wife and 3 young kids for a 2 week vacation i really dont know what to do at the minute I'm 70/30 against going. What would you do?

Someone I know is back from similar tomorrow (but on his own) it will be interesting to see how it was, but he's staying home until the end of next week so far as possible.
The Philippines have had few cases so far but Singapore Airport  and being on a plane generally would be worrying, especially with kids who you can't watch every minute. Especially basc stuff like not touching face after inadvertently touching other surfaces.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, booferking said:

So sorry for your loss and thanks for your reply.

Those that do such try and 'box me in' as being 'this' or 'that' but in reality all I do is speak my truth (however unpalatable it may be to others?) but the 'PTSD'(?) that my life experience has blighted me with leaves me so?

It is not a thing of 'choice' or 'preference'

Thank you for your understanding and good luck with it all!

• Like 3

Posted
36 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

That's good news, 14 days max it is then!

Exactly!

We are but mushrooms are we not?

• Like 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Yikes. There must be a mistake unless we are finally seeing the truth?

No mistake, just different classification to now count clinically diagnosed cases as well as laboratory confirmed tests. This also applies to death numbers.

PS ... the WHO are in town!!

With the deepening of understanding of new coronavirus pneumonia and the accumulation of experience in diagnosis and treatment, in view of the characteristics of the epidemic in Hubei Province, the General Office of the National Health and Health Commission and the Office of the State Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine issued the "Diagnosis and Treatment Plan for Pneumonia of New Coronavirus (Version) "adds" clinical diagnosis "to the case diagnosis classification in Hubei Province, so that patients can receive standardized treatment according to confirmed cases as early as possible to further improve the success rate of treatment. According to the plan, Hubei Province has recently conducted investigations on suspected cases and revised the diagnosis results, and newly diagnosed patients were diagnosed according to the new diagnosis classification. In order to be consistent with the classification of case diagnosis issued by other provinces across the country, starting today, Hubei Province will include the number of clinically diagnosed cases into the number of confirmed cases for publication.

Edited by Gael_Force
  • Like 2

Posted
24684330-0-image-a-14_1581579162552.jpg
WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

The remaining 3,500 passengers and crew on the Diamond Princess are confined to their cabins in Yokohama with questions mounting about whether the quarantine...

ANOTHER huge rise in coronavirus cases on Japan's quarantined cruise ship sees 44 new infections overnight, bringing the total to 218

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Taxi driver in tokyo has it 

Hopefully didn't give it to too many before he got diagnosed. It could spread very quickly in a packed city like Tokyo.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Snow.
WWW.CORNWALLLIVE.COM

Public Health England has shut down the building

• Like 2

Posted

I shall post this again as I'm sure today's numbers will have a few more folk take a peep at this thread?

It may help folk better understand the idea of the 'R0' (how many folk each infected person passes the virus on to?)

This model runs with 'R' set at '2.5' 

I understand that measures to slow the spread will have greater/lesser impact on the timescale of total global infection but then we are seeing estimates of 'R' far higher than 2.5?

image.thumb.png.002e1cc85a5913e00f132d229b22ea8e.png

Edited by Gray-Wolf
  • Like 2

Posted
24688256-0-image-a-5_1581586740685.jpg
WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

The map tracks the lethal flu-like infection, which has killed more than 1,300 people and infected 60,000 - mostly in China - and pits it against SARS in 2003, swine flu in 2009 and Ebola in 2014.

Posted
VIRALZONE.EXPASY.ORG

A knowledge resource to understand virus diversity

Posted

Hi Snipper!

Unlike SARS this did not get out of China before it had infected a major city so we have to trust the Chinese numbers/info unlike SARS where we had other (non totalitarian?) nations providing data?

Today's leap in numbers comes after the sacking of two of Wuhan's top party officials

Had they 'cooked the books' to spare themselves looking bad in the eyes of the Party leadership?

Are we to see even more 'suppressed' info now being released by the Leadership in China before we find out for ourselves just how impacting Covid-19 is?

This will have damaged the global standing of the CCP and its Leadership I believe?

image.thumb.png.746b40f6b76fe09a8dbf79f27cba0087.png

Edited by Gray-Wolf
  • Like 1

Posted
WWW.VIPRBRC.ORG

Searchable database of Coronaviridae genomes with visualization and analysis tools.

Posted
4 hours ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:
24684330-0-image-a-14_1581579162552.jpg
WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

The remaining 3,500 passengers and crew on the Diamond Princess are confined to their cabins in Yokohama with questions mounting about whether the quarantine...

ANOTHER huge rise in coronavirus cases on Japan's quarantined cruise ship sees 44 new infections overnight, bringing the total to 218

I'm starting to think the Diamond Princess is being actively used as a control experiment to determine R0, the possible means of transmission and incubation times?

Posted
1 hour ago, Gray-Wolf said:

I shall post this again as I'm sure today's numbers will have a few more folk take a peep at this thread?

It may help folk better understand the idea of the 'R0' (how many folk each infected person passes the virus on to?)

This model runs with 'R' set at '2.5' 

I understand that measures to slow the spread will have greater/lesser impact on the timescale of total global infection but then we are seeing estimates of 'R' far higher than 2.5?

image.thumb.png.002e1cc85a5913e00f132d229b22ea8e.png

Crikey, we are well ahead of schedule already!

Also, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my younger sister in 2006 after she caught a cold which went on to overwhelm her immune system, so I too suffer from a bit of PTSD when it comes to these kinds of viruses etc. I know when I get a particularly nasty cold (or the flu as i had at christmas) I always have this little niggling worry in the back of my mind that the same thing will happen to me.

To add to this also - my father has multiple myeloma and just managed to fight off a bout of pneumonia, so I am genuinely terrified for his safety once this gets a foothold in the UK.

Edited by Azazel
  • Like 2

Posted
20200213_52_803244_L.jpg
WWW3.NHK.OR.JP

Japan's health ministry says an elderly woman who died on Thursday was later confirmed to be infected with the new coronavirus.

Edited by Wiltshire_snow_lover
  • Like 3