Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
1 hour ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Watched footage of the coaches taking people to quarantine and noticed the driver looked smart, nice shirt and tie, question I have is he(other drivers) going into quarantine too?

Also the pilots, cabin crew?

Yes...weird! why no protection for coach drivers?

And who thought it was a good idea to hire Horseman coaches for this?....I'm sure I saw 4 of them!!

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Yes...weird! why no protection for coach drivers?

And who thought it was a good idea to hire Horseman coaches for this?....I'm sure I saw 4 of them!!

So why not hire Horseman coaches?

Posted
2 minutes ago, Snipper said:

So why not hire Horseman coaches?

The name!!

........of the Apocalypse

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty
23 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

It’s noticeable that the authorities in both the UK and France seem to not be reporting where new cases are being reported .

Initially here in France they reported the locations , now they don’t .

Also absent from the debate is this is now yet another virus which has started from a market which slaughters animals on the premises .

How many more viruses will China export to the rest of the world before they start changing their attitudes to the obsession with warm meat .

Apparently on the menu to be slaughtered at said market were toads , wolf cubs and god knows what else !

Notwithstanding that as the Chinese economy has grown the latest must have as a status symbol is shark fin soup , effectively slaughtered for just the fin . Or even more ivory and rhino horn made into some medicine ! 

I know we’re supposed to be sympathetic to people’s customs but seriously is nothing sacred in China .

Of course I forgot Pandas ! That’s it !

Yes, I think you saw my post a day or so ago when I touched on this.  Again no offence but I have a very hard view on this indeed.  When you embrace such a barbaric inhuman cruel culture with regard to food and the subsequent food hygiene problem it causes, you can only expect bad things to happen.  My sincere sympathies are reserved for any innocent people who have already fallen or will fall victim to the virus as collateral damage.  I always try to avoid anything made in China on account of their poor practices on food, human rights and their poor contribution to the environment but as they swamp the international markets with literally everything it is a very hard task.  As I said it is about time the rest of the world got tough with China with some hard truths about their practices with a warning of some sort somehow suggesting they clean their act up.  

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Oh.

1615140434_4horsemen.thumb.jpg.0706109beaceabd72b5bce4427b9829b.jpg413353664_EPnhAQ1X0AEf9ce(1).thumb.jpg.925f213ee20f6fbeaed0faa3dfc6c455.jpg

Edited by Kiwi
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmediadc.brightspotcdn
WWW.WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM

America’s top infectious disease doctor said that a new study proves conclusively that the coronavirus can spread from one person to another even before symptoms appear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
3 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:
?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmediadc.brightspotcdn
WWW.WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM

America’s top infectious disease doctor said that a new study proves conclusively that the coronavirus can spread from one person to another even before symptoms appear.

yep well done Sherlock

• Like 2

Posted
40 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Also absent from the debate is this is now yet another virus which has started from a market which slaughters animals on the premises .

How many more viruses will China export to the rest of the world before they start changing their attitudes to the obsession with warm meat .

Apparently on the menu to be slaughtered at said market were toads , wolf cubs and god knows what else !

These issues are not absent from the debate.

They have been discussed here ( at length) and within more influential circles.

44 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

It’s noticeable that the authorities in both the UK and France seem to not be reporting where new cases are being reported .

I don't know if that is the case, and I would suggest neither do you.

Posted
14 minutes ago, Snowycat said:

Yes, I think you saw my post a day or so ago when I touched on this.  Again no offence but I have a very hard view on this indeed.  When you embrace such a barbaric inhuman cruel culture with regard to food and the subsequent food hygiene problem it causes, you can only expect bad things to happen.  My sincere sympathies are reserved for any innocent people who have already fallen or will fall victim to the virus as collateral damage.  I always try to avoid anything made in China on account of their poor practices on food, human rights and their poor contribution to the environment but as they swamp the international markets with literally everything it is a very hard task.  As I said it is about time the rest of the world got tough with China with some hard truths about their practices with a warning of some sort somehow suggesting they clean their act up.  

The amount of goods coming out of China is absolutely phenominal. Hard to not buy something made in China. When we were on our first cruise last June, our first stop was Koper in Slovenia. Across from our room on other side of the port were 00s of cargo containers, 80% of them were from China. Koper is one of the main EU ports for imported goods from China, bound for all the EU countries.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

The amount of goods coming out of China is absolutely phenominal. Hard to not buy something made in China. When we were on our first cruise last June, our first stop was Koper in Slovenia. Across from our room on other side of the port were 00s of cargo containers, 80% of them were from China. Koper is one of the main EU ports for imported goods from China, bound for all the EU countries.

The relevance of your post to this thread, fails me.

Posted
1 minute ago, ciel said:

The relevance of your post to this thread, fails me.

I replied in part to some of Snowycat's post. However, i offer my sincere apologies to you and will check with you next time, before i post anything.

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

The amount of goods coming out of China is absolutely phenominal. Hard to not buy something made in China.

Totally agree. The world has become completely reliant on China, and unfortunately it's almost impossible to break that reliance. If this crisis continues for many months, which is likely, we could find some goods hard to come by. Electronics may well be heavily affected, along with pharmaceuticals, agricultural chemicals, toys... The list is almost endless.  The financial losses could be unimaginable for China, and the knock on effects will be felt around the world for quite some time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
2 hours ago, swebby said:

This has been raised in a few places. Apparently air crew were going to quarantine all along and they knew this. I assume the drivers may also?  Plus, driving a coach full of people may be difficult if wearing a bio hazard suit? I trust they will be getting 14 days full pay plus the overtime? If it was Ryanair, they would probably class it as staff holiday leave and flag the cabin crew as sicknotes.......

Hey, no Ryanair bashing. It's our bus service! I went on Watchdog several years ago to defend it and will still do so! I can't defend their HR policies but their business model is sound in my mind - book a bus, pay for a bus, accept the services of a bus...

Please don't deviate, we can talk about this somewhere else...

• Like 1

Posted
WWW.YORKPRESS.CO.UK

HEALTH officials are urgently trying to trace those who came into contact with two people diagnosed with coronavirus in the UK.

Posted
1 hour ago, Snowycat said:

This is probably jumping to conclusions, one of the earlier BBC reports said cases were first picked up at another location, the crowded market would be a good place for initial spread though.

• Like 2

Posted

Good grief.  It's a new virus, yes there are some serious challenges to address but some of the 'end of days' posts on here are quite remarkable.    It really makes me think about the role of social media, people regurgitating poorly sourced information and treating it as truth.  Often it's people railing against what they call the 'mainstream media' without any understanding that what those organisations report has to be double, triple checked before going live.

Why are so many people willing to believe conspiracy theory garbage?  Maybe it makes them feel superior.

• Like 5

Posted
4 minutes ago, 4wd said:

This is probably jumping to conclusions, one of the earlier BBC reports said cases were first picked up at another location, the crowded market would be a good place for initial spread though.

According to this the virus was out and about in november so you may well be correct Four in that the 'close quarters' of folk in the market lead to the first 'cluster' of cases?

Wuhan_Coronavirus_market_hazmat_1280x720
WWW.SCIENCEMAG.ORG

Description of earliest cases suggests outbreak began elsewhere

• Like 1

4 hours ago, swebby said:

This has been raised in a few places. Apparently air crew were going to quarantine all along and they knew this. I assume the drivers may also?  Plus, driving a coach full of people may be difficult if wearing a bio hazard suit? I trust they will be getting 14 days full pay plus the overtime? If it was Ryanair, they would probably class it as staff holiday leave and flag the cabin crew as sicknotes.......

Cabin crew were not going into quarantine I can assure you ... anyway we got my son to hospital for his knee. He told them he was cabin crew and had flew back from China a week ago, and omg next thing we was whisked away in a room while they panic called other hospitals ! They are not prepared for it at all ... they held us in the room for about 35 mins with a mask on my son and then after many phone calls said ... it’s ok you can go and sit back in the waiting room now ?! 

Edited by Snowflake Queen

Posted

For goodness sake.  This is clearly something to be addressed but it is not the end of the world.  My eldest is a student doctor in the NHS and they are dealing with it calmly and rationally based on science. Not on hysteria.  

Lots of posts on this thread are going to look utterly ridiculous in 6 months time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, abruzzi spur said:

For goodness sake.  This is clearly something to be addressed but it is not the end of the world.  My eldest is a student doctor in the NHS and they are dealing with it calmly and rationally based on science. Not on hysteria.  

Lots of posts on this thread are going to look utterly ridiculous in 6 months time.

I work within the NHS and it would be more advisable if we was made more aware of it ... as to not create hysteria to the public ... panic calling other hospitals and not being informed about it enough is very worrying to be fair .

• Like 1

Posted

Hi SFQ, huge thanks for the great work you do in the NHS.   The trouble as I see it is that if info is given out about where people have been found to be infected then it just fuels exactly the hysteria we all want to avoid.  Mobs, innocent people harassed, pitchforks at dawn and all that.

Let's all keep some perspective.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, abruzzi spur said:

Hi SFQ, huge thanks for the great work you do in the NHS.   The trouble as I see it is that if info is given out about where people have been found to be infected then it just fuels exactly the hysteria we all want to avoid.  Mobs, innocent people harassed, pitchforks at dawn and all that.

Let's all keep some perspective.

Understood but there is the press that hype it and us who are in the thick of it that need the correct information... that’s all my trying to say  

• Like 1