Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Look let’s put it this way my son who is cabin crew for a very well known airline has just got back from Beijing ( no flights have been cancelled) and he has no mask given or even checked over ... we had a stuffy  nose and I thought oh @!**$ !!! But Honestly the government won’t ever expose the truth of it all and carry on as if it’s all ok till the poo hits the fan ! 

Posted
2 hours ago, Gray-Wolf said:

Hmmmm......

I was just thinking along those lines earlier regarding discussion on case fatality rate. Some of the cities give case history of the deceased and it points to a week of mild flu type symptoms, hospitalisation on severe breathing difficulties, ICU a few days later and death within hours. I was relating number of fatalities to current case numbers but you need to go back to the numbers when their illness began. I think this is also confusing the incubation period length as people are maybe symptomatic in a few days but might be as much a 2 weeks before emergency care is needed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Let's put it another way eh?

How many died in the Holocaust?

How many will die from this?

Are we destined to deny this 'event' until we see the corpses........ yet again?

10% of global population gone yet still 1/3rd of twitter concerns itself with the impacts on 'Stocks & Shares'....

Unfettered Capitalism eh???......

• Like 1

Posted

With the 'Elite' 'creaming off' ALL profits then 'Western' Society does not have the necessaries to put up 2 Hospitals in 10 days (though the 'potential is here?)..... the 'Capital' needed for such ventures ....in the West....lies in the accounts of less than 2,000 families.......

This is here and now

This is our world

I do not care who is looking after Global Capital presently, we....., our families and ancestors..... built that Global Capital....now we may need to access that Global 'Wealth' (that we all created?) but I do not think 'The Few' will see things 'our way'?

Time to decide 'Who' you are willing to die for?

Is it 'The Few'?

Do they deserve life over you and yours?

Time is slipping away.........

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted
48 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Look let’s put it this way my son who is cabin crew for a very well known airline has just got back from Beijing ( no flights have been cancelled) and he has no mask given or even checked over ... we had a stuffy  nose and I thought oh @!**$ !!! But Honestly the government won’t ever expose the truth of it all and carry on as if it’s all ok till the poo hits the fan ! 

But it must be ALL governments , they must have been advised of the fact that this a serious problem ....or not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

What will it take for them to close down air travel to and from Asia??

Sadly, I fear if it does happen at all, it will be well too late 

Posted
6 hours ago, CreweCold said:

What will it take for them to close down air travel to and from Asia??

Sadly, I fear if it does happen at all, it will be well too late 

Its grim mate.

Another communist hell hole hiding the facts, or attempting to hide the facts from the outside world, sound familiar? Remember Chernobyl ? USSR tried doing exactly the same thing.

If there is a God, i thank him from the bottom of my heart that i was not born in China,zero human rights but plenty of concentration camps if you happen to be a muslim or someone who upsets the ccp.

Posted
11 hours ago, DAVID SNOW said:

9 oclock HEADLINE news for 30 minutes(bbc) a basketball player dies.

Tomorrows head line breaking news...............

Harry and megan go shopping lol.

Yes some basket ball player that so far I have not found anyone knows about dies unfortunately. All on BBC News this morning. Question asked what has he done for us? My first thought was filled in a slow news day. 

• Like 2

Posted

As a few have said above   not sure i trust the info coming out of China.  if it is what they say  not sure what all the Panic is about   less than Hundred dead  of which i would have thought the majority would have been the elderly or infirm   Ofr course it could be much worse   in the days ahead im sure we will find out the truth 

Posted

"Dont panic" says Dr Hilary on Lorraine. To put in perspective, for the UK, there are approx 4000 influenza deaths in UK every year, says Dr Hilary. Carry on.

Posted

Oh, and make sure you wash your hands regularly throughout the day, adds Hilary. 

What's your everyday phobia connected to washing your hands? Mine is supermarket trollies - ugh!! Every time we go shopping, first thing i do when we get home is head straight to bathroom to wash my hands.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons
20 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Oh, and make sure you wash your hands regularly throughout the day, adds Hilary. 

What's your everyday phobia connected to washing your hands? Mine is supermarket trollies - ugh!! Every time we go shopping, first thing i do when we get home is head straight to bathroom to wash my hands.

Yes always advisable to do .. I always hope they regularly clean the touch screens Dr and hospital patients all have to log onto these days .. all
those ill people touching just the same place .  Ok hospitals have the hand cleaning gel, not so sure GP's surgeries do.

Posted
23 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Me and my partner always have a pot of antibacterial alcohol gel with us when we go out, good way to sterilise hands/surfaces when necessary.  We're not germophobes but it's a good thing to have on you.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Beverley Lass said:

Yes always advisable to do .. I always hope they regularly clean the touch screens Dr and hospital patients all have to log onto these days .. all
those ill people touching just the same place .  Ok hospitals have the hand cleaning gel, not so sure GP's surgeries do.

Our GP surgery does. The gel is right next to the appointment sign-in screen.

Gel is just a backstop though. Soap and hot water far superior hygiene-wise.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I wonder how many folks sterilise their gardening implements, prior to use? Or sterilise the whole garden even? Or spray chemicals on food-products, prior to purchase?

Hand-washing is of course important; but the concept of complete biological isolation? Come-on peeps, we'd have no immunity whatsoever, were to conduct our daily lives from inside an isolation tent?

Honestly, some of this is getting reminiscent of those 'can I catch AIDS from a door handle?' fears, the media helped stoke, back in the 1980s...:oldsad:

PS: I'm off to the farm again, tomorrow!

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Bristle boy said:

"Dont panic" says Dr Hilary on Lorraine. To put in perspective, for the UK, there are approx 4000 influenza deaths in UK every year, says Dr Hilary. Carry on.

Just for some context.

by combining confirmed and suspected cases and then using confirmed deaths (80) we have a mortality rate of 1%.*

If that figure holds true, the infection is readily passed on, we have no innate immunity and there is no vaccine, then the UK population of 65 mil could be infected over an 18 month period. That would be 650,000 deaths.  So? 650,000 vs 4,000?  Apples vs pears?

*NB This is not how a mortality rate is calculated.

Edited by swebby
suspected for reported

Posted
11 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Are they not ALL in cahoots?? No Matter what goes on where it’s always watered down by the government and hyped by the press !

Its not even a top story in the press though.

It seems governments around the world are not overly concerned atm. (ex China) ?

Just now, DAVID SNOW said:

Its not even a top story in the press though.

It seems governments around the world are not overly concerned atm. (ex China) ?

It was all over the news at the weekend,but it’s old news now ... until they have a confirmed case over here ! Like I said they have not stopped flights to China and as yet have no plans to stop . There is so much hidden from us ( joe public ) unless you know people in the know . 

Posted
1 hour ago, Bristle boy said:

Public buses for me, the hand rails, bell buttons, change from the driver (yes i'm old fashioned and still use cash) etc.  Yet i would go to the supermarket, pick up a basket/trolley and take change at a checkout without batting an eyelid, like wise going to a pub.  Rational creatures, we are not........

• Like 2

Posted
36 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

It was all over the news at the weekend,but it’s old news now ... until they have a confirmed case over here ! Like I said they have not stopped flights to China and as yet have no plans to stop . There is so much hidden from us ( joe public ) unless you know people in the know . 

Some say its an impending disaster, others say nothing to worry about.

Think I will pop down to see old glad, she always knows what's going on....

• Like 1

Posted

This is closer to the way I believe what I am seeing is progressing;

I do not think the Chinese authorities are trying to 'hide' info.....they don't need to as the info coming out of Wuhan is no reflection on the real numbers of cases arising there?

If you were a Dr/Nurse dealing with case after cases after case would you find time for the paperwork or would it be left until later?

I think I'll leave off this for a few days in the hope we will get a clearer picture later on in the week and not just be chasing shadows?

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Snipper said:

Yes some basket ball player that so far I have not found anyone knows about dies unfortunately. All on BBC News this morning. Question asked what has he done for us? My first thought was filled in a slow news day. 

I don't follow basketball but Kobe Bryant is one of the greatest players of all time. I'm not surprised it's all over the news - especially the manner of his death which was violent and included his 13 year old daughter.

• Like 2