Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Oh well I was right, Trump has gone to blame others mode. That ban covers countries which still have very low numbers of cases whilst he allows others with larger numbers a free pass.

Anyway this isn’t a random Trump bashing act, this is just looking on in disbelief that we see a president not take this seriously and then when things start getting really bad he desperately tries to change the narrative whilst showing little regard for the people he represents... it’s all about the economy, all about Wall Street and stopping the shares crashing...

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
10 minutes ago, Donegal said:

Ireland excluded as well. We have pre clearance to US . So can people from banned countries in EU travel to here and UK then on to America? Will only make it worse for us if so. 

That's why we need a travel ban in place too 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
14 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

It’s the only way Trump’s ban would actually work (sort of).

Frankly it would have felt more genuine if the entire region was off limits rather than selecting countries due to political regions. Sparing Ireland and the U.K. starts to make more sense when politics gets factored in.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
4 hours ago, Hirudine said:

Fab. Even though the UK is currently exempt, this is going to further affect my business, as US customers will just assume we're included.

The ban is only on travel, goods are fine from all over the EU, so you should be fine. 

• Like 1

Posted
53 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Number of confirmed cases are increasing in number now on the South American and African continents. 

Ok so summer will not help us. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms and anything extreme.
7 hours ago, Saint coolio said:

This is best thing I’ve read about the outbreak so far.

so important people understand this 

An excellent and informative read.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Ok so summer will not help us. 

Oh no. I'm sick .. really horrible head cold , headache that won't go away with pain meds. My head feels like it's about to explode , sore throat , cough. I have asthma but no problems breathing , slight fever yesterday but not today. I'm gonna self isolate I guess

• Like 3

Posted
48 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

I'm also puzzled as to why trump has not banned the uk and ireland too, we're an infected country.  

I'm starting to wonder what kind of world we will live in this time next year, maybe it'll boost the British home holiday market, revitalise towns centres....... I really hope some good can come from all this

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Bubs school has been told to get a plan sorted in the event they have to close.  They also have been upping their cleaning to include handles being done every hour or so, plus other things.

Beginning to feel a bit surreal. 

• Like 2

Posted
16 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

I'm also puzzled as to why trump has not banned the uk and ireland too, we're an infected country.  

I'm starting to wonder what kind of world we will live in this time next year, maybe it'll boost the British home holiday market, revitalise towns centres....... I really hope some good can come from all this

And who have you been in contact with? Warning them?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

none of us are exempt :

Posted
26 minutes ago, Jhonny147 said:

Oh no. I'm sick .. really horrible head cold , headache that won't go away with pain meds. My head feels like it's about to explode , sore throat , cough. I have asthma but no problems breathing , slight fever yesterday but not today. I'm gonna self isolate I guess

I've had a head ache for a few days, but nothing else, been putting it down to the codeine I got prescribed after my opp, don't need to use it anymore, so haven't been, thought it was a come down or something. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
43 minutes ago, Jhonny147 said:

Stay safe, Jhonny; it's most likely one of the nasty bugs that've been doing the rounds, as I had all those horrible symptoms, only a few weeks' back.:oldsmile:

But, aye, self-isolation would make a lot of sense, though...Good man!:oldgood:

Edited by General Cluster
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I agree with the flight ban in principle, but why on earth is the UK not included? It makes no sense.

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, General Cluster said:

Stay safe, Jhonny; it's most likely one of the nasty bugs that's been doing the rounds, as I had all those horrible symptoms, only a few weeks' back.:oldsmile:

Buy, aye, self-isolation would make a lot of sense, though...Good man!:oldgood:

Thankyou. Yes I'm sure it probably is

Posted

I don’t have an issue with the Trump ban . It was the guff that went with it when he droned  on about the alleged greatest effort in all of history  his administration is making to beat the virus .

And then things got really surreal when he started talking about compassion and love! Both of which he totally lacks .

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, CreweCold said:

A travel ban is irrelevant now, the virus is pandemic.

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, Nick L said:

I agree with the flight ban in principle, but why on earth is the UK not included? It makes no sense.

It’s only apparently Schengen countries.  Regarding the UK well I’m not surprised that’s excluded because of current confirmed cases although not sure what would happen if they went up a lot during the 30 days .

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
4 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

It’s only apparently Schengen countries.  Regarding the UK well I’m not surprised that’s excluded because of current confirmed cases although not sure what would happen if they went up a lot during the 30 days .

But we still have freedom of movement with those Schengen countries, and we're not faring any better than the rest of Europe as a whole. Just an odd omission really.

• Like 1

Posted

Apparently Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson are infected .

On a side issue I thoroughly recommend the film Sully in which he stars as the captain of that plane that landed on the Hudson River in New York .

As it’s on Netflix France I’d expect you’ll have it in the UK one .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

E78CB192-B2BD-4E92-95B5-E5675297EC4E.png

• Like 5

Posted
3 minutes ago, Nick L said:

But we still have freedom of movement with those Schengen countries, and we're not faring any better than the rest of Europe as a whole. Just an odd omission really.

Perhaps Trump thinks the UK is doing something at airports re checks in which case he’d be mistaken ! In terms of cases relatively speaking the UK is in a better position but isn’t running that many tests and isn’t testing anyone yet who has no link with another case or not been to a high risk area . The NHS is supposed to be increasing the number of tests but not sure when .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Great thread everyone, really informative with humour in the right places.

Im not impressed with the way our government are handling things at all. From the minute Boris appeared on This Morning you could tell their reaction to the threat wasn’t going to be sufficient enough to contain anything *facepalm*. I think they’ll react in the end with better measures but it will be too late. It’s already too late imo. 

My personal concern at the moment is large public gatherings. We have tickets to Lewis Capaldi at Wembley SSE arena for tomorrow, capacity 12,500. Why these haven’t been cancelled I’ll never know! I don’t want to go, I think it would be irresponsible. I myself have a very low immune system having not long had a baby and am just picking up cold after cold, currently with a sinus infection. I’ve been poorly on and off since November. But I have elderly relatives with Cancer, diabetes, Heart disease, high bp. Also I have my children to think about. Im not convinced the young are ‘safe’. I don’t think we know the truth and full facts about who this virus is picking off. I think many things about it will have been hidden to reduce panic. I need to keep myself healthy anyway to look after my clan. It’s really annoying though that they’re allowing them to go on. Postponement would’ve been sensible. 

I hope everyone comes through this ok. It is indeed worrying times, fascinating at the same time the way nature can bite back with no warning and throw the world into total chaos. 

ETA: I have already decided not to go tomorrow don’t worry. Reading back it kind of sounds like I was undecided. Forgive me, it’s early! 

Edited by Tilly
  • Like 6