Cold?
IGNORED

Signs of Spring 2020

Azazel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
10 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

Lol trust me it is possible. 

July 2007 had the lowest maximum of any July or August ever at Heathrow, and it managed to get to 24c.  For July/August to not reach 23c, every single day would have to be below average.

I think that August will be the best month of the summer this year, and it will be warm and sunnier than average. It's about time.

Edited by B87
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

20c: 28th March

25c: 1st May

30c: 25th June

35c: 27th July

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
17 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

Lol trust me it is possible. 

When did it last happen?

Posted
6 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

I think 1980, but could be wrong.

Heathrow recorded 29c in June 1980, 28c in July 1980, and 29c in August 1980. A very poor summer, but not quite that bad.

Posted
1 hour ago, B87 said:

Heathrow recorded 29c in June 1980, 28c in July 1980, and 29c in August 1980. A very poor summer, but not quite that bad.

I thought July was cold that year and August was cloudy and cool? 

I think May and early June were the best periods for sunny hot weather and storms.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

I thought July was cold that year and August was cloudy and cool? 

I think May and early June were the best periods for sunny hot weather and storms.

Every summer month was cool and cloudy in 1980.

Edited by B87
  • Like 1

Posted
18 hours ago, Snowyowl9 said:

Last spring very nice.

AVN_1_2019040300_1.png

I remember that day. 7C and wet!

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
6 minutes ago, 38.7°C said:

I dread any mid to late Spring heatwave, as this is normally a sign of disaster for the following season.

Thats actually only a recent thing and even then 2003 for example had hot spells right from March.

Posted

Subtle changes in the feel of things from day to day now, thanks largely to the increasing light levels and strength of the sun. Its a change that creeps up on you and by the end of the month it feels firmly spring, but it does take its time through March up here. Its similar to September which sees summer fade slowly into autumn by months end. The clocks going forward marks a definate shift in feel of things. Until then I remain in 'late winter mode'.. even though spring is kicking into gear in nature. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Another fine day here. Things are beginning to dry up.

It was also foggy this morning but it quickly burnt off which is another common spring phenomenon around here.

Edited by cheese

Posted

In stark contrast, a thoroughly wet morning (again) has led to a cloudy, breezy and chilly afternoon. 

Posted
16 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Subtle changes in the feel of things from day to day now, thanks largely to the increasing light levels and strength of the sun. Its a change that creeps up on you and by the end of the month it feels firmly spring, but it does take its time through March up here. Its similar to September which sees summer fade slowly into autumn by months end. The clocks going forward marks a definate shift in feel of things. Until then I remain in 'late winter mode'.. even though spring is kicking into gear in nature. 

Yes it still feels like winter, even with the daylight starting to appear at 6am, which is the first time since early October. 

March is a month of two halves I feel. It can be dull dark and miserable at times, but the early taste of spring can appear towards the middle and late month. Hopefully we will see some plus 15c days soon with sunshine. While the nights still remain chilly until early or mid April. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting ??️?️??️
17 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Here in Murcia early spring signs were about from mid January, the night crickets were about, some early spring flowers and daytime temps topping 20 in some favourable spots

Now in early March, we are experiencing some days in the late 20's 

No appreciable rainfall since the two Gote Frias in the Autumn 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

A high of 10C and low of -3C today, largest diurnal range of the year. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

the geese are back..sure sign that spring is just around the corner

• Like 1

Posted
On 04/03/2020 at 14:41, summer blizzard said:

Thats actually only a recent thing and even then 2003 for example had hot spells right from March.

1987 produced a very warm sunny April, and the summer that followed was poor, apart from some hot days in July and August that year. 

1980 had some warm sunny days, and the summer was poor. More recently 2011 was another example.

Posted
11 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

1987 produced a very warm sunny April, and the summer that followed was poor, apart from some hot days in July and August that year. 

1980 had some warm sunny days, and the summer was poor. More recently 2011 was another example.

April 2007 and 2011 were both warm and sunny, with very bad summers in those years.

April 1989 was just about the worst it can possibly be in April, and was followed by a summer than rivalled 1976 for 25c+ days.

Edited by B87

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Toad spawn has hatched. Plum trees are budding. Roses are almost in full leaf. Pond plants are growing. My Koi are more active. Always a welcomed sight.

Posted
21 minutes ago, B87 said:

April 2007 and 2011 were both warm and sunny, with very bad summers in those years.

April 1989 was just about the worst it can possibly be in April, and was followed by a summer than rivalled 1976 for 25c+ days.

April 1989 was a godsend after the abysmal winter of 1988/89!

• Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, B87 said:

83 had a similar spring. Cold, followed by a hot July and August.

Posted
7 hours ago, Don said:

April 1989 was a godsend after the abysmal winter of 1988/89!

A cold april is the last thing I want. I just look forward to warmer weather now.