DiagonalRedLine

Model Output Discussion - Happy New Year!

Aye, changes are afoot; but will they bring any cold & snow to the UK? Perhaps there's a suggestion of some future HLB there, at T+384, but it's not going to be straightforward...🤔

h500slp.png    h850t850eu.png

Will that LP, east of Scotland, even be there, come 10/2?:oldlaugh:

A very messy picture upto day ten with each GFS run throwing up a different solution regarding shortwave energy in the Atlantic .

Although the Canadian high and deep ne USA low continue to show up the detail ahead of those two features varies considerably .

The upstream pattern does increase in amplitude temporarily so that does give a chance of something colder for the UK but much depends on that shortwave energy in the mid Atlantic .

Could we be close to a split vortex.. Wouldn't it be great to get one at this stage with a QTR... would make final 3rd of Feb very interesting. 

gfsnh-0-360.png

With all this talk of what may happen down the line, I’d rather think about what may or may not happen next week first then worry about the fi stuff which changes hourly let alone daily 

Gordon Bennett! Could a limpet HP be positioned in a worse location? Please Mr God, can we not have an SSW as frustratingly useless as last-year's was? I'll be good---I promise!🙏👼

h500slp.png    h850t850eu.png