Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

15 minutes ago, Stormeh said:

The met office and BBC both saying snow possible tomorrow morning even to low parts of the central belt.

32303167-D83F-439D-9FDA-9893E571E6F0.thumb.png.e74432ed851d4df8f90ae1119af65ffe.png
FFF65551-B04D-4A63-AB02-18C9C2C9023A.thumb.png.72e182379e5d8cfda230bb056b80fa3e.png

The Euro4 brings it up to just past Glasgow-Edinburgh but the WRF isn't as keen with it coming as far north. If the Euro4 is right there could be quite a bit tomorrow morning, I am sure we'll be keeping an eye on it in here ?

• Like 7
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some more pics from this morning in the Lomond Hills. Just the most sublime colours at sunrise. We had 12cm this morning, sunny all day except for a slight freshening up in the afternoon, now -0.7C an

Standing an impressive 5ft 5in tall - the kids have done well with limited resources ?

The snow still hasn't come to anything beyond a slushy mess at the house so we went to the snow. At the small car park at the top of Glen Ogle it was proper snow with a few inches on the ground. By th

Posted Images

Just now, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

It's not about the size of the measuring stick it's how you use it. But when it comes to snowfall depths size does matter ?? 

Very handily I know if my middle finger is knuckle deep then it's exactly 4 inches.

• Like 5
35 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Very handily I know if my middle finger is knuckle deep then it's exactly 4 inches.

I'm not sure this statement helps the situation ?

• Like 8

Today’s Scottish Weather..... variety is the spice of life!!

Rain

Sun

Hail

Sleet

Snow

Wind

Thunder

Lightning

5782D8DA-04D8-489D-9A05-70F451D46764.thumb.jpeg.8f2da319b03f09741138853c8dd91d8c.jpeg

• Like 9
58 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Leaving from Liberton at 8:30/9 to Dumfries.

Class, should see some snow! Not sure what road to take but I know A702 (From Crawford South) has only just re-opened an hour or two ago so not that one

• Like 5
32 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Heavy snow and hail here 

Hail or graupel? 
Graupel is really common in the East Neuk when we see ‘wintry showers’ (so not that common then!?) I’ve probably seen more graupel than snow in my time here! ?

Edited by Hawesy
  • Like 9

We normally have a good view of the Pentland Hills from work but could hardly see them all day so they must have been getting leathered with snaw, it cleared up just before finishing time and they looked amazing and very white.

I must try and take a camera with me to get a long range shot.

• Like 7
53 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Hail or graupel? 
Graupel is really common in the East Neuk when we see ‘wintry showers’ (so not that common then!?) I’ve probably seen more graupel than snow in my time here! ?

I think it was graupel actually, was hard to tell with it blowing about so much ? remembering back to the BFTE there was plenty of graupel then.

• Like 3

Had to leave cows inside today as we had mini lakes in every field after last nights continuous sleet. Started feeding wintering sheep some hay as well.

Finally getting light showers of snow this afternoon at 1.5c as sky clears a bit. Hills round us too are solid white. A frosty looking sunset too. so hopefully ground will dry up a bit again. Surface water has mostly gone today as shower activity decreased.

This last shower has settled on the grass and bare soil so we have a dusting and with a little streamer to the west coming towards us maybe a little more this evening.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 8

A nice sunny afternoon here in Dunoon this mornings thunder seemed to help clear the air we've had no showers all afternoon just sunshine. I took a few photos with my phone of the snow on the hills.

12th.jpg

12th2.jpg

• Like 9
1 hour ago, 101_North said:

Still my favourite local webcam! Pentland Hills looking stunning!

spacer.png

The image is frequently updated so apologies to anyone looking at the post after dark ??

• Like 7
4 hours ago, 101_North said:

I have never been as relived to see the word 'deep' end a sentence ??

I was being verrry careful. ?

• Like 4

Result HC - get to go out in it at last...

Got back home to additional 4cm. Must have pelted down in that lot that passed through at 11am/12noon. Thursday morning? It says 6cm of snow at -1 or 0C before 8am... We shall see.

Currently -0.4C. So that's my twenty fifth air frost.

• Like 9