Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

48 minutes ago, edo said:

absolutely hammering it down with driving sleet..... Quickest pee in history from the pup out the back.... Does appear to be 3 c so maybe it's actual temp and uppers and dew point and wet bulb.... Either way it's not snow ?

It's been rank rotten here too, I thought I'd be sorted but the snow line is at about 200-300m. Another snow no show to add to the long list.

Edited by CatchMyDrift
  • Like 3
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some more pics from this morning in the Lomond Hills. Just the most sublime colours at sunrise. We had 12cm this morning, sunny all day except for a slight freshening up in the afternoon, now -0.7C an

Standing an impressive 5ft 5in tall - the kids have done well with limited resources ?

The snow still hasn't come to anything beyond a slushy mess at the house so we went to the snow. At the small car park at the top of Glen Ogle it was proper snow with a few inches on the ground. By th

Posted Images

Raining in St Andrews but there were a few flakes of snow in the wind coming over the hill from Pittenweem on the drive to work.

Slightly colder air should start to filter back in as the day progresses so the snow level should slowly drop again. However by the time conditions look good for the lowest levels (tomorrow) it will most likely be dry. ?

• Like 4

So, Ciara was a non event really and as for the snow forecast....... well! Yesterday there was sun, then rain, then sleet, then hail, then thunder and lightning, then.......nae snaw! A wee dusting on the Cuillin and we are back to rain again. Looks like we could be in for another blustery weekend though. Don't cha just lurve Scottish winters!

Edited by mistyqueen
  • Like 2

Heavy snow on now although the radar says it won't last long. Still got a cover on most surfaces from last night and an icey slushy mix on the roads but the snow is lying instantly so hopefully anything that falls today will just accumulate and not melt back too much between the showers 

Edited by Ruzzi
  • Like 3

Overnight temp got up to 1.6C and it was clearly sleeting on the velux in the early hours. Now 0.4/0.0C and snow swirling about - that's more like it. 

Fifth snow day.

• Like 4

Mostly heavy sleet overnight but temperature edging down this morning and we have just had a dry snow shower which did not settle. Currently very windy overcast and 2.5c. Fields saturated again. Any ground over 200m is very white though when the showers clear.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Ruzzi said:

Yep, here it is

Screenshot_20200211_094653_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200211_094658_com.android.chrome.jpg

There was a lot of rain last night in Moffat, but since 6 am, each passing shower has been getting wintrier. It's settling readily just now.

• Like 3

Amber warning for the borders fir snaw.

Ma hoose is jist ootside the amber area.

EDIT. I see this has already been posted, but I'm allowed tae post it again as I live there. ?

_110850887_metoffice11feb2020.png
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The Met Office warning covers a large swathe of southern Scotland with disruption expected.

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 6

I'm outside the amber warning but at 130 metres, if the showers are in the right place, I may see something.

The light showers passing now are snow and would lie if heavier. 

Heading to work at lunch then back at teatime so should see some snow in the hills somewhere surely!

Edited by JamesM
  • Like 4

Snowing now here, not lying yet but that change in 850s has made the difference

A tad apprehensive regarding my journey north later but shall be going A702 with care (The issue will be if some idiot crashes)

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

Amber warning for the borders fir snaw.

Ma hoose is jist ootside the amber area.

EDIT. I see this has already been posted, but I'm allowed tae post it again as I live there. ?

_110850887_metoffice11feb2020.png
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The Met Office warning covers a large swathe of southern Scotland with disruption expected.

Ooooo. I appear to be in the middle of that lovely amber colour. :cold:

• Like 8

Sean batty's take on snow depths for the borders and south lanarkshire. Some pretty mental depths in amongst this 

Screenshot_20200211_105023_com.facebook.katana.jpg

• Like 3