Norrance

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

26 minutes ago, shuggee said:

I'll show you mine if you show me yours....

9937E879-C9C1-4F97-AD96-92BEEDF2760C.thumb.jpeg.108360f2a6c939f664016800bae98e3c.jpeg

I will believe it when I see it 😄

37 minutes ago, shuggee said:

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.... Just had to post:

Screenshot_20200123-175348.png

image.thumb.png.d747b84c74bd4d3dfc408d6496ed0e3b.png Just off to get the bread and milk and get the sledge ready :oldrofl:

It's a faux snow forecasting feeding frenzy!

🥶🥶🥶

This is extraordinary. I've not had the heating on today, which for me is now unheard of in January.

1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

This is extraordinary. I've not had the heating on today, which for me is now unheard of in January.

Ditto. Three or four warm mostly sunny days in a row now have warmed the house up nicely. My wife didn't even notice that I had put the heating off today😀  

Edited by Norrance

Not so exciting anymore (except Highlands)... 

Ensembles looking milder compared to yesterday too

90-779UK.gif

Edited by edinburgh_1992

Unless there is a dramatic change in Febuary / March I think we can chalk this winter up as another non event, the forecast brief cooler spell on Monday / Tuesday will be just that blink and you'll miss it.

Weird that there's not been many sunny cold days and frosty nights that I wouldn't mind one bit...but I'am fed up with this relentless dull mild damp pish..!!!

This is just depressing...Snip1.thumb.jpg.65710c0df40ea877be0f840d031f573f.jpg

Edited by Klippie

I'm ignoring the weather. My eyeballs are staying within these walls for the duration 😠

Grey, dreich, drizzle, no wind, tops of the trees over the back are just sitting in the bottom of the hill fog and feeling very mild with it. Been like this for about 5 days now!

-4c in Luxembourg this morning. Been a good week of seasonal weather fare!

8 minutes ago, 101_North said:

-4c in Luxembourg this morning. Been a good week of seasonal weather fare!

Oh bog off :oldp: !!!   4C and a rash of crappy little showers in Caithness.

2 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Oh bog off :oldp: !!!   4C and a rash of crappy little showers in Caithness.

🤣😂

A nothing day here really. not bright but not dull. not mild but not cold. Rubbish basically. gonna spend the weekend looking on the internet to see if i can find a long lost family member that lives in Yellowknife or some place similar. 

Edited by bigsnow

Brighter this morning after some more rain overnight.Still mildish at 8.5c Countryside really greening up. Ground surface muddy again.

Just been out to the garage to cut my wood for tonight..

20200124_135852.jpg

20200124_135903.jpg

20200124_135855.jpg

As you we're only difference with last 24 hours was a tad more drizzle last night but still cloudy/mild although like every day this week it did try to brighten up but never succeeded. At least next week looking more interesting

5 hours ago, bigsnow said:

A nothing day here really. not bright but not dull. not mild but not cold. Rubbish basically. gonna spend the weekend looking on the internet to see if i can find a long lost family member that lives in Yellowknife or some place similar. 

I know someone who lives in Tuktoyaktuk in Canada. Here is their forecast if you fancy visiting. Just a tad on the cold side fir me but the sun does now rise for an hour or so after a few weeks of darkness.

1C5FB820-3855-4881-BFC0-AAAF6D7A3B59.png

11 minutes ago, Norrance said:

I know someone who lives in Tuktoyaktuk in Canada. Here is their forecast if you fancy visiting. Just a tad on the cold side fir me but the sun does now rise for an hour or so after a few weeks of darkness.

1C5FB820-3855-4881-BFC0-AAAF6D7A3B59.png

Fancy a trip to Verkhoyansk Russia? 😮Screenshot_20200124_185419.thumb.jpg.f8ee085782138e29dbcf17d78cfe46ff.jpg

o  see, i hv a cat bn my jkeyvburd

persistent wee feline she is too. 6C and sort of bright grey in Caithness, now quite dark at home, odd drizzly stuff o a nd orrff.  

Cmon cat, enuffer that

well bugger me, p u s s y is verboten!

Edited by Hairy Celt

@Norrance and @Kirkcaldy Weather I would take either of those forecasts over the dross this so called winter has served up..

Edited by bigsnow

Now the Met-O are getting me excited with the hope of a single snow flake on Tuesday morning:

513695065_Screenshot_20200124-210428_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c4390b09d2a87b819c17a1205ffd669f.jpg

32 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Now the Met-O are getting me excited with the hope of a single snow flake on Tuesday morning:

513695065_Screenshot_20200124-210428_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c4390b09d2a87b819c17a1205ffd669f.jpg

Only a 50% chance... I wouldn't go getting my measuring stick out..😂😂

34 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

I got one too!

image.png.98b1659e28db7b3c3e15c1b74a6e61b8.png

Calm down dear it's only a snow flake..