Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020


Recommended Posts

A gorgeous sunny morning here after overnight rain. Temp up to 7C now. Cold enough for that rain to have been snow on the higher hills last night. Here is Ben Lawers this morning.

 

6CFE7FBB-DEE6-4BBE-B943-E6464D64E03B.jpeg

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some more pics from this morning in the Lomond Hills. Just the most sublime colours at sunrise. We had 12cm this morning, sunny all day except for a slight freshening up in the afternoon, now -0.7C an

Standing an impressive 5ft 5in tall - the kids have done well with limited resources ?

The snow still hasn't come to anything beyond a slushy mess at the house so we went to the snow. At the small car park at the top of Glen Ogle it was proper snow with a few inches on the ground. By th

Posted Images

Bright enough morning with sunshine through broken cloud and a bit damp following overnight rain.

Temperature 8.9deg.C up from a minimum of 4.8deg.C at 07:21, humidity 80%, wind very light to calm, pressure 1014.3hPa rising slowly and there's been 8.4mm of rain since midnight and 9.4mm in the last 24 hours.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

New forum update looking good. I likey. Cloud building now after a nice start. There is showers in the vicinity but how many will make it to here is open to opinion. Looks like a chilly weekend coming up

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Puffy MacCloud said:

I can no longer see photos in posts, just the file descriptor and clicking on that produces nothing. What change do I need to make?

Same for me, photo that @Norrance posted only shows as a blank square? I obviously need to make changes too...off to have a look at the help threads to see if I can find anything 🙃

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, thought something had gone wrong but its a new look to get used to. Well it was 4C when I left for work and 6C when I got home, with a high here of 9.3C. Nice and sunny at work in Inverurie but cold in the shade and wind, more pleasant when in the sun, with a couple of heavy showers later in the afternoon. Felt like a winter day really, by modern standards. 

That's the wife and I off for two weeks so bright and sunny like this will do fine, even if it is chilly. Different school, different challenge when I go back. Different location too, Westhill, which often seems to have more snow in winter than its location closer to the coast would suggest. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ravelin said:

Wow, thought something had gone wrong but its a new look to get used to. Well it was 4C when I left for work and 6C when I got home, with a high here of 9.3C. Nice and sunny at work in Inverurie but cold in the shade and wind, more pleasant when in the sun, with a couple of heavy showers later in the afternoon. Felt like a winter day really, by modern standards. 

That's the wife and I off for two weeks so bright and sunny like this will do fine, even if it is chilly. Different school, different challenge when I go back. Different location too, Westhill, which often seems to have more snow in winter than its location closer to the coast would suggest. 

I hope so anyway. A couple of dustings the best we have managed in the last two years...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mixture of sunshine and showers today and pretty chilly from beginning to end.

Temperature currently 5.7deg.C down from a max of 9.8deg.C at 14:13, humidity 92%, calm, pressure 1017.0hPa and there's now been 13.8mm of rain today.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sanserit said:

Same for me, photo that @Norrance posted only shows as a blank square? I obviously need to make changes too...off to have a look at the help threads to see if I can find anything 🙃

Just uploaded it again.  Should be there now. 
Nor.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot cooler today with lots of sharp showers which mostly obscured the hills all day round the Firth but about 1.30pm there was enough clear sky to the north to see the snowline   well down Ben More in Sutherland.              Maximum today of 9c and currently 6c   The last of the swallows left 2 days ago so must have known it was going to get colder.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AFC Snow said:

I hope so anyway. A couple of dustings the best we have managed in the last two years...

 

4 hours ago, Ravelin said:

Wow, thought something had gone wrong but its a new look to get used to. Well it was 4C when I left for work and 6C when I got home, with a high here of 9.3C. Nice and sunny at work in Inverurie but cold in the shade and wind, more pleasant when in the sun, with a couple of heavy showers later in the afternoon. Felt like a winter day really, by modern standards. 

That's the wife and I off for two weeks so bright and sunny like this will do fine, even if it is chilly. Different school, different challenge when I go back. Different location too, Westhill, which often seems to have more snow in winter than its location closer to the coast would suggest. 

I had a girlfriend in Westhill way back and can remember there being more snow there than I had back in Aberdeen, especially up the hill in what were then relatively new houses. 

Edited by Norrance
Link to post
Share on other sites

A brisk and cold NW wind all day today, holding temperatures back at a max of 9c.

In compensation, wind from that direction usually means great visibility and today was no exception.

The morning was particularly sunny...

Snag_21ab695.thumb.png.cbf2e37ed31de570e51c4d8a950c86f9.png

More cloud in the afternoon and then showers appeared around teatime - one very photogenic one lay to our NE at dusk..

Snag_21be745.thumb.png.03eff0453e5227bb0631e4958fa4e7f1.png

Winds have died down in the last hour and temperature dropping rapidly in the now clear skies, 4.3c at moment.

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Quinach said:

 

Snag_21be745.thumb.png.03eff0453e5227bb0631e4958fa4e7f1.png

 

Fantastic anvil pic 🤩😃 actually avoided pretty much all the showers here today but was nice and sunny 😎 next week looking quite chilly with a north easterly though the coldest of the air will be over Scandinavia.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bright, calm and damp this morning, as far as I can tell. Who's got the alka seltzer?

Temperature currently 10.1deg.C up from a minimum of 5.8deg.C at midnight, r.h. 90%, no wind, pressure 1021.6hPa rising slowly, ther's been 0.4mm of rain today and 6.2mm in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 8/8.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@mardatha ive been lurking around in the mad house and strat thread. Ive no idea what any of it means but steve murr is getting excited about something out west and Greenland. The strat thread gives me a head ache but i keep going back in and maybe one day it will make sense 🤪🤪

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mair Snaw said:

@mardatha ive been lurking around in the mad house and strat thread. Ive no idea what any of it means but steve murr is getting excited about something out west and Greenland. The strat thread gives me a head ache but i keep going back in and maybe one day it will make sense 🤪🤪

Is out west and Greenland good? 🤓 or should I wait for up north and Siberia? lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mardatha said:

Is out west and Greenland good? 🤓 or should I wait for up north and Siberia? lol

I would wait till its belting it down with snaw. Hope all is well and your husband is still good and doing well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...