Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

@Sanserit its what we call the model output discussion thread. In winter months it turns into a place best avoided for your own sanity.. some of us in here pop in to stir the S**t pot when we have snaw and those South of the border dont.. i normally get myself in trouble for it mind.. but this winter I'm gonna be a good boy..😂😂

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some more pics from this morning in the Lomond Hills. Just the most sublime colours at sunrise. We had 12cm this morning, sunny all day except for a slight freshening up in the afternoon, now -0.7C an

Standing an impressive 5ft 5in tall - the kids have done well with limited resources ?

The snow still hasn't come to anything beyond a slushy mess at the house so we went to the snow. At the small car park at the top of Glen Ogle it was proper snow with a few inches on the ground. By th

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Mair Snaw said:

this winter I'm gonna be a good boy.

There's far more chance of us having an extreme cold & snowy winter than there is of you behaving yourself in the MOD thread. 

Glorious day here so my morning supposedly working from home didn't quite work out that way, and my afternoon in school consisted of outdoor learning, in other words I took the pupils for a walk to the River Don & back. 

• Like 8

@Ravelin thats very true but I'm gonna try my best honest..

well I was going to add some photo's and a video of my morning but for some strange reason i can't  the "click to choose files " bit is not working.. 

• Like 3

A very pleasant day that stayed bright and dry although coolish at a maximum of 14.8 deg.C at 14:24, which was when I was out taking my knackered knees and lungs for a walk.

20200929_130949.thumb.jpg.0210aa1432aa4ff983734843faf141e4.jpg20200929_131559.thumb.jpg.15a320c16fdec4514723a834e3b84f3c.jpg

Edited by Puffy MacCloud
  • Like 9

It was a cracking day today, with some warm sunshine this afternoon. From a low of 1.6 at 7am, to a high of 17.7 at 4pm it was a day to savour, shame I was indoors for the best part of it.

One of our consultants dropped off soil samples from a Deeside client for me to book in, parcel up and send to our labs in Edinburgh, 11 from barley parks and 2 from grass and I've never seen so many bags of dust! I'm used to soil samples being fairly damp with it clumping in the bags. The soil augers drill down around 8-10 inches so apparently it was hard to get decent samples with it being so dry. 

• Like 7

A fair bit of weather about this morning with rain and wind making a seasonal return.

Temperature currently 11.2 deg.C up from overnight minimum of 8.8 deg.C, r.h. 92%, wind at 3 to 7 mph generally and from a slightly west of southerly direction, pressure at 999.6 hPa falling, there's been 3.2 mm of rain since it started just after 04:00, and the sky is completely covered in low cloud, which is chasing briskly northwards.

• Like 2

What a horrible day.. Grey and wet. I believe the term is pish. What a massive difference from yesterday. Might have to clean the log burner out and fire it up if it continues like this.

• Like 6

It remained pretty dismal here too.

10.7 deg.C now with a maximum of 13.4 deg.C at 15:05, relative humidity 91%, a variable light breeze has come and gone throughout the day, pressure is at 999.1 hPa, and there's been 9.4mm of rain so far today.

Haven't left the house today. Didn't feel the need to.

• Like 5

Dull here too with rain which was heavy at times. Winds generally light and variable. Drier now but still dull. Max of 11.7C and min of 7.1C last night. Currently 11.3C.

• Like 4

Dreich.

Small diurnal range today, low of 8c, max of 11c.

Rain off and on since 9am, heavy at times.

Made mistake of looking at the weekend forecast 

• Like 5

Here we are again. No weather; no clouds, no wind, no rain. Just sunshine and a bit chilly.

Temperature currently 4.8 deg.C following a minimum of 4.3 deg.C at 07:56, r.h. 97%, pressure 997.9 hPa holding steady.

• Like 4

Rain and associated low cloud and grey skies cleared around 8.45am - with a defined edge to blue sky and sunshine. Now a mixed bag of cloud/sun. The transition is heading north and east - so there's hope yet! Low of 6.4C last night.

• Like 4
34 minutes ago, shuggee said:

Rain and associated low cloud and grey skies cleared around 8.45am - with a defined edge to blue sky and sunshine. Now a mixed bag of cloud/sun. The transition is heading north and east - so there's hope yet! Low of 6.4C last night.

GOT IT here now, ty. Send more!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, shuggee said:

😬🤫🤣 Saturday a washout and again a pesky E / NE wind anim_fvd1.gifanim_ktx2.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Foul day, and cold, just 8c at the moment. 

Radar says its dry, the fine drenching drizzle that has been here all day begs to disagree.

Weather warning out for Saturday and Sunday, not often you see the Met Office mentioning flooding being likely.  Big change, especially after the very dry period recently.

image.thumb.png.b2bb393e1d6c856a29db32ec3a0dc62b.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
4 minutes ago, mardatha said:

Been a lovely day here, amazed!

Yeah after the early rain cleared it did brighten up. Tomorrow not looking too shabby either THEN we got the weekend to get through. Saturday inparticulair no comment

• Like 4

What a vile day! 

Today was the first day of an inter-region competition to do a virtual tour of all our offices and the dogs and I got drenched on our early morning walk, (they weren't best pleased having to go out in it again with my dog walker). Why, oh why, couldn't we have done this challenge in September? Still, at least we're raising money for RSABI by doing it.

Spent an hour standing in the park with our youth group and it's taken me a good while to warm up again. 

However, after all the rain we've had today, my rain gauge hasn't recorded a drop...any ideas anyone?

To end the day, I'm getting into winter mode by watching 'The Day After Tomorrow' on the box 😂

Edited by Sanserit
  • Like 4
  • Paul locked this topic