Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some more pics from this morning in the Lomond Hills. Just the most sublime colours at sunrise. We had 12cm this morning, sunny all day except for a slight freshening up in the afternoon, now -0.7C an

Standing an impressive 5ft 5in tall - the kids have done well with limited resources ?

The snow still hasn't come to anything beyond a slushy mess at the house so we went to the snow. At the small car park at the top of Glen Ogle it was proper snow with a few inches on the ground. By th

Posted Images

The sun never really managed to break through today. Even more less likely to do so tomorrow but should be back by wednesday albeit cooler

• Like 3

It's raining. Well, drizzle. Okay, a smir, but it's the first precipitation in a week.

Temperature 11.6 deg.C, up a massive 0.5 deg.C from last night's minimum at 01:49, humidity 93%, a light breeze from a generally southeasterly direction, barometer at 1006.3 hPa, dropping quickly now, light drizzle that's not yet recording on my station, and 8/8 cloud cover.

• Like 2

Cloudy dull start, very windy now and the sun is trying its hardest to break through the cloud cover. Cooler than yesterday and looks like thats it for warmth.

Still not had the heating kick in yet and inside is sticking around 20c, the heating is set at 18c so I doubt it will be long.

In other news it looks like we are all being put back on the naughty step. I wonder how long for this time round.

• Like 2

The day started fairly uninspiring and hasn't really improved. A pretty constant smir has only resulted in 0.4mm of rain in total, the temperature is now 13.8 deg.C, which is down from a disappointing max. of 14.1 at 15:10, r.h. is 83%, wind is still light and generally southerly and pressure is down to 1001.0 hPa.

Nothing to see here.

• Like 2

The wind sure is getting up and the rain is advancing but not quite here yet won't be long though before the change comes. Tonight looks chilly

• Like 3

Overcast for the most part with a strong gusty wind, dry and max of 16c.

A big contrast to the previous glorious days of sunshine and max temps of 21c.

• Like 2

What a difference a couple of days makes. Today started not to badly though it was chilly first thing. Wind picked up mid afternoon though it’s died down now.

I’m assuming this is the cold front passing through that you can see in the photos? I’m still very much a middle-aged newbie at all this 🤭

C03193E1-74AC-4A06-AC7B-B1ED0913E2F4.jpeg

E548B80E-DA2F-44B5-A54D-FAC000DEB18C.jpeg

• Like 8

Cool start to the day at 5c making it feel properly autumnal. Having said that we have had oil fired rayburn off now for four months now so summer must have been genrally on the warm side.Probably going back on in the next few days.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 5

A brighter morning today. The clouds have gone and the sun is out, maybe for the last time in a while.

Temperature currently 4.1 deg.C up from a minimum of 2.7 deg.C at 07:05, humidity is 97%, there's no wind, pressure is 1003.7 and rising slowly, no rain at the moment but 6.2mm in the last 24 hours.

• Like 3

Beautiful but a bit of a nip. Looking like that almost the sign of things to come. Autumn's here folks (eventually)

• Like 4

An all round decent day here really. Not as cold as I thought it would feel but colder than it has been. Managed to get out and wash the car so will probably rain for the next week..

• Like 6

Stayed dry and bright, even mostly sunny, but always on the chilly side despite being generally windless.

Temperature now 12.3 deg.C down from a maximum of 13.3 deg.C at 15:37, r.h. 64% hPa. falling slowly, no wind, no rain and cloud slowly building to current 6/8 cover.

• Like 4
  • Paul locked this topic