Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

At last, a bright start to the day. Only 5/8 cloud cover this morning with largely clear sky to my east allowing the sun to shine.

10.2 deg.C now with a minimum overnight of 7.6 deg.C at 03:42, 88% r.h, no wind, pressure 1033.4 hPa, and no rain in the last 24 hours.

This has the makings of a lovely day.

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some more pics from this morning in the Lomond Hills. Just the most sublime colours at sunrise. We had 12cm this morning, sunny all day except for a slight freshening up in the afternoon, now -0.7C an

Standing an impressive 5ft 5in tall - the kids have done well with limited resources ?

The snow still hasn't come to anything beyond a slushy mess at the house so we went to the snow. At the small car park at the top of Glen Ogle it was proper snow with a few inches on the ground. By th

Posted Images

MUCH better day today. Sun in full flow should be quite a bit warmer than yesterday and the wind's gone too

• Like 2

Been a LONG time since we had a afternoon as glorious as this. It's beautiful out there. Easily should be like this for a few days

• Like 3

Well that was very pleasant but the sun is sinking behind the trees now so time to come back in. Still, I put my time to good use out there and built a fire pit, which it turns out is of Russian manufacture and the stuff that they call paint has all transferred from the metalwork to my hands and clothes. No wonder they didn't bother to paint their T34s before they left the factory.

• Like 4

The weather forgot to consult the forecast today as it turned into a fine very humid sunny afternoon with a fine sunset to the west now and no longer north west.

Just missed the best  with the camera003.thumb.JPG.fd26c9ba0292f1fd5a06901bdbe7420a.JPG.but went wow its warm out there and its currently 20c

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 7

Cool start with a minimum overnight of 5.1c and a heavy autumn dew on the grass.

Thereafter a belter of a day - mainly sunny, light winds and a max of 20.2c.

• Like 4

What a cracking day it’s been! Although it was a chilly start at 5.8c, it topped out at 23.8 and made for a very pleasant lunch break. Spent the evening outdoors with the youth group but the grass was damp this week whereas the last couple of weeks we’ve been able to sit on it after dark. I hope this settled spell continues until the tattie holidays.

3801D9D1-5A99-4F25-B88D-B402CB98685A.jpeg

• Like 7

A bright and sunny start to the day. At first I thought we have a clear sky but on second viewing there is some very high, thin cloud to the east.

Temperature currently 9.2 deg.C, overnight minimum 6.6 deg.C at 06:40, relative humidity 95%, no wind, barometer at 1030.5 hPa (height adjusted), and no rain recorded in the past 24 hours.

• Like 5

Another stunning day here. Warm sunny and a hint of a breeze. 

May have eaten too much food yesterday at dinner. One large fish and chips for me and then i finished off what the kids left. Can't stand to see food go to waste, but the equivalent of 3 portions of fish and chips plus wine and beer is probably over doing it..

Happy Friday to you all and hope the weekend brings much joy and happiness.

• Like 5

Ever so slight more of a breeze compared to yesterday but it's glorious once again. Why couldn't we get this during summer?!

• Like 5

Finished work for the week and sitting outside in the sun with a beer. Life doesn't get much better. Oh wait, I'm off Mon & Tue too, so it does get better. 

• Like 4

Baltic this morning! Lowest overnight temp so far at 2c! Was 3c here at 7am with a decent haar that's shifting pretty quickly. Could be another beautiful day! 

• Like 2

Chilly here too, but at least it's sunny.

Temperature 8.3 deg.C up from minimum of 4.6 deg.C at 02:52, humidity 90%,  very light breeze from n.n.w., barometer at 1027.8 hPa, no rainfall recorded.

Purely of academic interest obviously but what is your preferred hangover cure?

• Like 1
  • Paul locked this topic