Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted
3 hours ago, Quinach said:

Beautiful start to the day with clear blue skies, light winds and the temperature is already 5c.

Enormous number of geese flew over the house towards the NW just after dawn, literally thousands of them in multiple waves - definitely the most seen in the last few months.  Crappy camera phone does not do the spectacle justice...

image.thumb.png.f4402101e586bbb49a108805137f5713.png

Noticed a massive flock of geese in the vale of Alford around 0930. I've lived here since 2004 and have never seen geese in these numbers before - a genuine WTF moment!

Given the bright conditions and distance between the geese and myself, a rough estimate of numbers could be made. I reckon well over a thousand and that's a conservative figure.

The geese were circling over an area as opposed to following their usual flight paths - unusual behaviour. Possibly an early departure from their wintering grounds?

Definitely a sight to behold.

Currently 9.5C and wall to wall sunshine.

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

@Norrance stop with the pictures of snaw i cant bare it any longer...

Edited by bigsnow
  • Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, bigsnow said:

@Norrance stop with the pictures i cant bare it any longer...

In the absence of snow and cold, this has to be the best alternative. Sunny, calm and mild enough to sit outside having a cup of coffee.

Feels like spring has started

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
8 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

@Norrance stop with the pictures of snaw i cant bare it any longer...

Oh you said stop, sorry

• Like 8

Posted

the weekend wasn't too bad at all and has been mentioned the sunsets we're pretty amazing last night but a new day new week and the cloud has crept in and that's the week basically tad breezy too

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Nice sunny morning in Caithness (apart from the wrong temperature, 10C) then a brisk wind picked up and spoiled the afternoon.  Somewhat cloudier later too but without yesterday's pyrotechnics.

Rate we're going, I might have wasted my money on another set of Weatherproofs - I could have gone straight to summer tyres.  That might be a plan actually: if we all dress and behave for summer weather, it might encourage winter out of its shell. :unknw:

• Like 7

Posted

"Rate we're going, I might have wasted my money on another set of Weatherproofs - I could have gone straight to summer tyres."

Just bought new leggings about 2 weeks ago .Put them on last week and its got dryer ever since.Replaced our 11 year old car last September a bit over budget  so have never bought winter tyres for it so far so good. Calculated risk as Mrs.Northernlights retired after 38 years teaching last Easter so technically car does not need to go out every day and we could survive if weather got really bad. Currently very windy and 9c

• Like 6

Posted

Gives a new meaning to pub golf  

image.jpg
WWW.FIFETODAY.CO.UK

A Fife golf course has been given permission to sell alcohol on the links from a golf cart.

• Like 3

Posted

Hurray, that's the self-assessment tax return in, now to get back to the real world 

Another cracking day though not as sunny as yesterday.  Not that this has made a difference to the temperature as its milder today, currently 11c with light winds.

Plenty of bird song at the moment, looks like they are pairing up and looking for nesting sites already, another consequence of this strange winter.

• Like 6

Posted

It's deja-vu really. Cloudy a little breezy pretty mild so...............meh

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Bright blue skies here today and feeling very mild at 10.4C from a peak of 11C

66AA9898-45F1-4A95-9993-F845847E03B7.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
29 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Bright blue skies here today and feeling very mild at 10.4C from a peak of 11C

66AA9898-45F1-4A95-9993-F845847E03B7.jpeg

Complete cloud cover here and temp 9.9 C (max 10.0 C )

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
7 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Complete cloud cover here and temp 9.9 C (max 10.0 C )

Fewer mountains between you and the West I assume even though you are not far from here as the crow flies.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Pretty cloudless here and 10C seems to be the popular temperature as it was that here too on the drive home between Inverurie and Alford just now. 

Still looking like a change to a NWerly blast next week, but nothing particularly exciting to my eyes. 

• Like 5