Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Looks is as it if trying to brighten up that in theory could spike the atmosphere up. Could be some feisty showers around today

• Like 3
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some more pics from this morning in the Lomond Hills. Just the most sublime colours at sunrise. We had 12cm this morning, sunny all day except for a slight freshening up in the afternoon, now -0.7C an

Standing an impressive 5ft 5in tall - the kids have done well with limited resources ?

The snow still hasn't come to anything beyond a slushy mess at the house so we went to the snow. At the small car park at the top of Glen Ogle it was proper snow with a few inches on the ground. By th

Posted Images

Murky to start with here this morning but it's brightening up now and the air is fairly still. I think it has the makings of a pleasant day which will allow me to get more outside jobs tackled hopefully.

• Like 3

Another dreich start but sun has broken through earlier today and it was already 20c in mid morning but very humid.

Has been  fabulous growing summer for a lot of plants in the garden. The stand out ones are  the parsnips with beetroot in the foreground not far behind.003.thumb.JPG.4914f4787c9e07efa576b79e6273d8c0.JPG

• Like 3

It did try its little hardest to brighten up around lunchtime. Didnt try very hard though. Back to the mist and drizzle and the breeze has picked up a little.

• Like 1

Just had a look at the radar and it looks to me that that large blob over Northern Ireland is swinging its way towards the members in the boarders areas. @mardatha you might need a boat..

• Like 1

Oh, some sunshine - for an hour before dusk...

Otherwise more of the same overcast conditions with drizzle first thing in the morning.

Again very mild - even balmy, with a max of 18c.

Calm conditions throughout.

• Like 3
12 hours ago, 101_North said:

Endless grey, drizzly pish! Not a summer to remember round these parts!!

Quite. 5 days on the trot without any sun here. June, July and now August with below average sunshine. And the Edinburgh figures are even worse than here. Payback for April and May! 😊

• Like 8
13 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Quite. 5 days on the trot without any sun here. June, July and now August with below average sunshine. And the Edinburgh figures are even worse than here. Payback for April and May! 😊

April and May were exceptional but sadly feel like a lifetime ago now. The payback seems excessive 😭

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 3

Cloud, murk, drizzle and gloom. Sums things up nicely for today and is a sad reflection on this rubbish summer. After days upon days of brilliant weather during lockdown I just knew it would go boobs up as soon as we were aloud out again.

• Like 5

A grey start but hopefully will brighten up. Starting to notice last few mornings a bit of mist and fog (a clear sign the days are changing) not lasting too long but it is there

• Like 4

Just saw a small patch of blue poking out from behind the greyness and even a sudden glimpse of the sun. All gone just as quick as it arrived 😥😥

• Like 1

Gorgeous day, hit 24.1c in the sunshine about 2pm. Felt humid. 
Now cloudy and cooler with the wind picking up.

Been a much warmer few weeks which has been welcome. 

• Like 3

It’s been a reasonable day on Deeside, warmer than I thought it was going to be and made for a very pleasant afternoon walk. I even managed to sit out and enjoy the warmth for a bit until the breeze picked up. Everything loose is now packed away for the next few days however, I’m not making the mistake of leaving the garden parasol out like I did the last time we had high winds...Mary Poppins would have enjoyed that journey!

• Like 4

It is never too early for some Scottish mountain snowfall. 😄:santa-emoji::snowman-emoji:

UKMO 120:

9DA8AF19-747A-4125-8670-975FD354C2C6.thumb.gif.bd20f84909b1ecc51951a75d234fd92c.gif5F95C7BB-46C8-487A-B33D-298722164930.thumb.gif.3c288354ee924ae914aad580ed21498a.gif

https://mwis.org.uk

Planning Outlook

After a severe day due to severe upland gales and rain widely on Friday, the weekend will be showery as winds turn westerly. The rain will be frequent on some western mountains. Cloud will continue to shroud most mountains, particularly on Saturday. On Sunday showers will be of snow on highest Scottish summits. Next week, further bouts of rain and occasionally strong winds and overall colder than average.

Edit: @Mair Snaw Get yerself and the family up Ben Nevis on Sunday Night/Monday early hours...light snow, heavy snow, sleet and a thunderstorm! Something for everyone. 😁

AEE41083-C1EF-491D-8BB6-44959B39D3F8.thumb.jpeg.b487b51a4917fb02f990b52f24583026.jpeg

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 8

To add to the veg story we had useable neeps in the field ten days ago which was a whole month ahead of normal in this bizarre year. A fine sunset at last tonight with mist blown away late pm by a fresh wind and a temperature of 16c.Maybe a better nights sleep to come.

• Like 5
  • Paul locked this topic