Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

I was lying only half dozing and noticed a flash through my eyelids. A cell moving north just to our west so sat with a cup of tea in the sun lounge with the dog cuddling in. Flashes every minute or two for a while but nothing particularly close and we were just on the edge of the rain so only short bursts. 

Nice to get in on the action but nothing compared to some of you. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some more pics from this morning in the Lomond Hills. Just the most sublime colours at sunrise. We had 12cm this morning, sunny all day except for a slight freshening up in the afternoon, now -0.7C an

Standing an impressive 5ft 5in tall - the kids have done well with limited resources ?

The snow still hasn't come to anything beyond a slushy mess at the house so we went to the snow. At the small car park at the top of Glen Ogle it was proper snow with a few inches on the ground. By th

Posted Images

Still nothing here yet...but they seem to be closing in and at least so e juicy ones have erupted due south of here in the North Sea.

Edited by howham
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

There's a band forming north of Dundee and out into the North Sea so you might see something yet. 

If it passes to the west I might just cry!

• Like 1

Heavy rain on now but no flashy stuff. The band currently moving north over Aboyne & Banchory has my name written all over it. Will probably arrive just as I want to leave for work. 

• Like 1

Occasional flashes now but by the looks of the radar I think it's the rain that's going to be the problem here. Not likely to be anywhere near the effect on Kirkcaldy  hopefully. 

• Like 1

I assume the radar isn't lying then @Richard Taylor?

Surprised that the lights haven't even flickered here as we virtually always lose power, even if just briefly, when there's thunderstorms. Looks like the heaviest of the storm is now to our east, with Aberdeen getting clobbered. Rain eased off here and infrequent flashes/rumbles. 

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 3

Well, wow 😁😁 that was the best lightning I've seen since I lived in a tower block in Edinburgh in the 70s and we could see as far as the May Island and Fife coast. No thunder, just silent lightning until about 3am. Power off, phones off, rain unbelievable. I opened the back door and we had a river running past. Off now to check Twitter and local news.

• Like 2