Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Rain has eased off here now. Still constant flashes off to my South West. Somewhere in Central to NW Fife is getting a battering.  
    Have seen a few fake pics already on twitter. Why do they bother? 

• Like 1
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 5.6k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some more pics from this morning in the Lomond Hills. Just the most sublime colours at sunrise. We had 12cm this morning, sunny all day except for a slight freshening up in the afternoon, now -0.7C an

Standing an impressive 5ft 5in tall - the kids have done well with limited resources ?

The snow still hasn't come to anything beyond a slushy mess at the house so we went to the snow. At the small car park at the top of Glen Ogle it was proper snow with a few inches on the ground. By th

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

This is serious, everywhere is flooding here, can’t get passed the road I am on 😦

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Dry cold & snow / Summer - hot & sunny and thunderstorms
    5 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

I will try a short live stream hang on 

Won’t let me oh well but this is crazy I can guarantee these are supercells 

I posted video to my Facebook page then shared as it said my video was too big for here. Only way I could think to do it 🤔

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
    28 minutes ago, chemikal said:

Some nuts photos on Twitter. This is my favourite nuts one. Not sure who took the photo but it will be well used by the morning!

Edit! Photo by @KitCarruthers. I was too busy looking at what looked like Edinburgh under attack.

e3665de7-3068-4e1c-b86c-4b01ce801fd3.JPG

Thats from 2015 the pic. Not sure why he posted it again making seem like was tonight. 

• Like 3
    Posted

Been well over 2 hours here, first time I have got bored and come back in because seen so many flashes 😂

• Like 2
    Posted

I have been trying to see what the roads are like around Edinburgh on Traffic Scotland. All the cameras from the East of the M8, the City Bypass and the Bridges are all in Operational Use. Never seen this before.

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Still going but hopefully it will move away soon, this from my weather station 87621BB9-91CF-493E-983C-C07C2F5C53DA.thumb.jpeg.5aa1be0ba675279fcf94472f1ba974b7.jpeg 129.59mm rain rate !

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Nightmare FCA26FD0-28DD-4A0F-8827-66DB8EE1FB50.thumb.jpeg.b3db4e5075c359f0eb01d8c54d051dce.jpeg

Posted

2.19am been going for hours really ramping up now and kids all awake just as they go back to  school after 145 days off 😂. Incredibly slow moving storm, I fear for my mother in law who is petrified by thunder as she is currently in a caravan in pitlochry. 

• Like 2
    Posted

I don't think it would be wrong to say I have seen more lightning tonight than the rest of my entire 45 years, the house constantly lighting up like a scene from a horror movie. 

• Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

Wtf just about sums that up 😂 lightning flashes over head basically ever second or two with constant rumbling thunder but not very loud.It looks like the lightning isn't actually grounding anywhere.Definitely one of the strangest weather events i've ever seen...

Edited by Ross90
    • Like 3
    Posted

Scotland has turned into spain for the evening, as much as I would have loved a storm overhead. Nice to see it from a distance sometimes, with a clear sky above. Glad a lot of us got storms and hopefully not too much damage in Edinburgh as those looked intense and the way it kept reloading at the south meant it lasted for so long. 

Edited by snowlessayr
    • Like 1
    Posted

Blimey, this has kept me awake all night so far!

The monsoon rains have now arrived to join the thunder and incessant lightning flashes.

First really big clap of thunder just there.

• Like 3
    Posted

Don't think anyone gonna forget the 11th and 12th of August in a hurry Huh? What a unbelievable epic night some have had even here had our share too truly incredible 

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Dry cold & snow / Summer - hot & sunny and thunderstorms

It’s all kicked off again over Bathgate, not that it ever stopped as such tonight but I can’t believe the amount of rain that’s falling along with the constant lightning. Every time I close my eyes, there’s yet another flash.

• Like 1
    Posted

Incredible storm over Cumbernauld at present and for the last hour . Never seen anything like it in this country . Storms just springing up out of no where 

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Um, can someone turn it off now as I have to be up for work in two hours and don't think I've slept much so far. 

Never been in such a prolonged storm, even in SW France. 

Cat's awake, kids awake even Mr Snowidea is awake 🌩️🌧️🌩️🌧️

Edited by snowidea
    • Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer!

Knew I'd be busy tonight, out at 1am to pull cars out of the floods, Glenrothes pretty bad, kinglassie dual carriageway underwater, and looks like the car park at the Vic is flooded, cars floating around. Still flashing away at 4:30am. Looked evil with purple lightning and mossmorran flaring away. Not a night I'll forget any time soon. 17 degrees at 3am, fog, lightning, thunder, hail... Debris all over the roads, drain covers up...