Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some more pics from this morning in the Lomond Hills. Just the most sublime colours at sunrise. We had 12cm this morning, sunny all day except for a slight freshening up in the afternoon, now -0.7C an

Standing an impressive 5ft 5in tall - the kids have done well with limited resources ?

The snow still hasn't come to anything beyond a slushy mess at the house so we went to the snow. At the small car park at the top of Glen Ogle it was proper snow with a few inches on the ground. By th

Posted Images

In Edinburgh. It's insane and seems overhead now. Roof is leaking. I love thunder storms, but this is freaking me out a bit. It's utterly mental, I've never experienced this even in places like Florida....and there I was laughing at the Express headline for the most intense storms for 10 years!

• Like 5
29542011_1622743324478419_36642156470506
M.FACEBOOK.COM

Real Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom. 97K likes. Images of Edinburgh and the surrounding areas from a local photographer...

Couple of good videos on here. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

It’s not the Edinburgh storm mate - stuff you are seeing is elevated. (Popping up all over the place)

0E5F69A4-3EDF-4E21-A1F3-B0B536FCB877.thumb.png.3c29ca500a231b5da14699f44a2dfa08.png

Was out about 15 minutes ago and there was constant flashes. It looks like the strikes are bouncing off the higher based clouds and not the lower which makes sense. Prefer this storm to the one that leaves my garage in ankle deep water. Hope the damage is minimal @101_North

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, chemikal said:

Was out about 15 minutes ago and there was constant flashes. It looks like the strikes are bouncing off the higher based clouds and not the lower which makes sense. Prefer this storm to the one that leaves my garage in ankle deep water. Hope the damage is minimal @101_North

Cheers. It'll dry out! My fault really. I knew the drain was running slow but didn't get round to having it fixed!

Kicking off again big style!

AMAZING!!!

• Like 2

Been out in the garden for the last 2 hours. Still firing off here. Multiple flashes of lightning, all in the cloud. No thunder or rain. Impressive but quite eerie.

• Like 1

Some nuts photos on Twitter. This is my favourite nuts one. Not sure who took the photo but it will be well used by the morning!

Edit! Photo by @KitCarruthers. I was too busy looking at what looked like Edinburgh under attack.

e3665de7-3068-4e1c-b86c-4b01ce801fd3.JPG

Edited by chemikal
  • Like 3

I can only imagine what the carnage that's going on in Edinburgh/Fife - constant lightning, heavy rain, a little bit of hail, gusty winds and lloud thunder. The only thing missing is a tornado! I wonder what's contributed to such an impressive that seems to have intensified after dark. Here it's a warm night but the breeze has picked up a little with clouds moving quickly to the west. There's been constant flashes to the east for much of the last two hours with occasional brighter flashes. 

• Like 3

Very humid here and can hear rumbles to the south and it appears from the radar that the storms are moving north.Quite unusual  up here to have such intense storms in the middle of the night in my experience from decades gone by. Another sign of climate change?

• Like 1

I will try a short live stream hang on 

Won’t let me oh well but this is crazy I can guarantee these are supercells 

Edited by Kirkcaldy Weather
  • Like 2