IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted

Same type of day here. Sheltered under trees during one of those showers:

IMG_20200905_154226.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

Decent day here apart from the ninja shower that popped up early afternoon. Apart from that it was a reasonably warm wind that was blowing with temperatures reaching 22c just after 5 though it plummeted fairly sharpish after that.

• Like 3

Posted

I'm quick to gurn when the weather is bad so only fair to jump on here when it's great outside! Lovely day. Calm, blue sky and pleasantly warm. Perfect autumn day. More please

• Like 6

Posted

Yep a useable day here too. Mix of sun/cloud and wind's a lot lighter than it has been last couple of days

Edited by NUT
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

@Ravelin the honey looks impressive. Nice day here today, I'm enjoying seeing the start of Autumn in the trees, just a few leaves turning at the moment. Find of the week for me was a buzzard feather which is now in a frame by my desk. DSC_1839.thumb.JPG.7a12cbd89f5f2078fe29ae910ac52920.JPG

• Like 9

Posted

Lovely mellow Autumn day.

Actual weather not that different from previous days, dry with variable amounts of cloud/sunshine.

The key difference, no wind!  Calm conditions allowing temperatures to get up to 16c and a toasty 28c in the greenhouse.

image.thumb.png.fe1c76ceb60b4d7c0649edb16a438ec4.png

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Same here today.. the heating even came on over night for the first time since we moved in so I've been round and turned the individual thermostats down.. heating in September not in my house. Pop another pair of socks on and a jumper.

• Like 1

Posted

Damp start on Deeside but it turned into a pretty good day with a high of 23.6c, a bit of sunshine to end the afternoon and ground dry enough to cut the grass which was desperately needing it. Even now, the temperature's still sitting up at 18.5c which is better that most days in August at this time of day.

• Like 5

Posted

Welcome to summer redux.

Max of 21c, bit wet first thing but soon drying up to leave a bright dry day. 

Light to fresh winds, those very warm feeling so very pleasant outside all day.

• Like 5

Posted

16.3°C max with brightness interspersed with blowy drizzle. Meh. 

• Like 1

Posted

A decent start here this morning. Time to get the kids over the park for some P.E. looks like a good week ahead for this area.

Mrs Snaw keeps going on about weather apps and so i was wondering if others in here use them and if so what ones and are they any good?

• Like 1

Posted

Fine harvest morning and early afternoon with strong wind, sunshine and a maximum 20c   .Later clouded over with rain becoming heavy in evening.but humid as well at 14c. No harvesting up  in  this area tomorrow. Stored some dried out onions before rain after such a drying day. Even after tonights rain it will probably dry up quickly as ground is just pure dust if you dig it.

• Like 2

Posted

Another cracking day, max of 21c again with light to fresh winds. 

Beautifully sunny in the morning but clouded over by lunchtime to leave bright conditions at best.

Installed the bubble insulation in the greenhouse today in readiness for winter, so probably doomed this lovely spell of weather  

And no house martins to be seen for a second day, get feeling they have left for the year.

• Like 1

Posted

@Quinach still loads of them here.. can wait for them to bugger off.. keep flying in to my patio doors..

Its smashing it down with rain here now after a wonderful day and evening.

We also have an 11 year old Autistic who has nothing more than a cold but is freaking out that he has the killer bug from the news and social media. Its gonna be a very long night..

• Like 2

Posted
12 hours ago, Mair Snaw said:

A decent start here this morning. Time to get the kids over the park for some P.E. looks like a good week ahead for this area.

Mrs Snaw keeps going on about weather apps and so i was wondering if others in here use them and if so what ones and are they any good?

I've been using WeatherPro by Meteo Group for a number of years and find it to be pretty accurate.

Been another fine day here on Deeside, reaching 23.6c in my garden this afternoon. Was nice to be able to eat lunch outdoors and catch up on some garden chores too.

• Like 3

Posted

Laptop wouldn't update my photo library so here’s a couple from dusk tonight. 

F51AF9C2-2CFB-49EB-9CD6-77A6DCFC1D7B.jpeg

FDF5AB61-4809-4B31-B091-5ED21A4E94F9.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted

Not gonna last too long but all of a sudden teaming down with rain and wind's really got up too

• Like 2

Posted

Just seen the weather over in Denver.. around freezing and blizzards. By Thursday 28c... thats just mental. How is that even possible??

Posted

Turned out a horrible evening! Went up the Pentlands on my bike to face horizontal drizzle and a face on gale! Back home, dry with a whisky in me and listening to the wind and the rain lashing off the window! 

• Like 2