Norrance

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

11 minutes ago, Klippie said:

I watched that as well, they are not saying too much as they have little to no confidence this far out.

At the moment everything is just another week away, then another week and so on...before we know it the winter months will be gone.

One decent fall of snow and I'll be happy...the snaw shovel is still in the hut unused so far this winter extended autumn.

See how things look after the weekend, if the Met Office take an interest, it could be game on.

Screenshot_20200115-234702_Twitter.jpg

Edited by Sceptical

All doom and gloom again this morning. the mood in the mad house is up and down more often than a tarts knickers..🤣

Hows this for keen.

Local farmer resumed ploughing the field in darkness at 6am. 

Grabbed this picture 5 minutes ago.

What a trooper!

20200116_080015.jpg

Edited by Sceptical

51 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Where's this snowmageddon gone?

According to the Met office, it was never there in the first place. 

Screenshot_20200116-060035_Twitter.jpg

Edited by Sceptical

1 hour ago, Sceptical said:

Hows this for keen.

Local farmer resumed ploughing the field in darkness at 6am. 

Grabbed this picture 5 minutes ago.

What a trooper!

20200116_080015.jpg

Have debt, must work!

Don't be so sceptical..... The snaw is coming 🙏 

1 hour ago, edo said:

Don't be so sceptical..... The snaw is coming 🙏 

Yeah snaw is coming for sure. to a beach in Greece. 😢

45 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

Yeah snaw is coming for sure. to a beach in Greece. 😢

Wall to wall sunshine for NE Scotland, Friday - Monday.

Bank!

Wild and very wet as I drove home around 4:30pm. Got soaked just jumping I to the post office in Alford to pick up a parcel. 

Next weekend still showing 'potential' for some snow, but probably not widespread, and certainly not what I'd call 'snowmageddon'. 

49 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

Well, that's me on hols. Packing for Les Arcs the morn, flight early doors Saturday.

Forecast is for at least 10 cm of fresh snow, maybe more, just prior to my arrival. I'm eagerly watching French radar now.

I shall be travelling, for the first time, as an Irishman, having officially become one in November (thanks Gran!). Very much looking forward to it, although feels slightly weird. Need tae mibbie update the moniker, at least to Scottish-Irish Skier.

In addition to learning a bit of Scots Gaelic, j'apprends aussi le français sérieusement. Cela devrait être utile pour mes vacances!

As for the Scots weather, looking a bit better for the snaw going towards February. Everything that bit cooler it seems, with ever more sub -5 uppers. Fingers crossed I come back from France to some Scots sneachda tae welcome us hame. 

t850Midlothian.png

Bully for you SS we are all delighted for you heading to your fresh snow 😡 

Enjoy mate 😀

*Getting the deck chairs oot and the picnic table set up for the weekend*
SS you've got it right. If my granny had held on a wee bit longer and been born in Galway instead of Glasgow I'd be joining you wi the Irish passport.

7 hours ago, Klippie said:

Regarding the cold weather...it looks like the UK snaw deflector shield is set to full and nobody can find the bloody off switch..!!!

Yep! All doom and gloom again in the mad house. I would be happy to see just one day of lying snow this winter. The models are all over the place so who knows what will happen as we head into February.

12 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Thanks to Facebook memories for reminding me that this was 2 years ago today

Just got the same from Google 🙂

CD285615-9F7C-4BBB-8872-C31BAF96741E.thumb.jpeg.dda4cfb04026665dedd9812c17155a55.jpeg
6095B6E8-D9B3-43C1-97D2-A05B507ADABB.thumb.jpeg.c13fea30289f289310b2a79224c9609d.jpeg

DEF9C834-BB06-4636-957D-68A9DF343134.thumb.jpeg.0c81c8dc7d3b1810208e47beee636e76.jpeg

26205EAF-1815-4381-8B8D-67A733E1641B.thumb.jpeg.01b3c1f09a80612dec140dd7d4c321c9.jpeg

9B316F75-FA43-4FC3-BF6F-5C57E29B45A3.thumb.jpeg.59c1dab35d6b440fc35b766816e35824.jpeg

Hopefully we are all posting new pictures in February. Surly we won’t go through the whole of this winter with little or no snowfall!

Well in the last 4 years I've had 3 days of lying snow which is crazy.... 2 came from the beast and even then we only got 4 inches from the beast...... Been really slim pickings for a while here. I knew 2010 was epic and a once in a lifetime but didn't know I was using up 210 years of snow during that spell 😢

6 minutes ago, edo said:

Well in the last 4 years I've had 3 days of lying snow which is crazy.... 2 came from the beast and even then we only got 4 inches from the beast...... Been really slim pickings for a while here. I knew 2010 was epic and a once in a lifetime but didn't know I was using up 210 years of snow during that spell 😢

You've been remarkably unlucky even for your location. Perhaps we're not crossing enough fingers and squeezing our eyes tight enough? 🤔🤣

Having said that I've done well over the past ten years, so I shouldn't complain!

4 minutes ago, Sceptical said:

Heading up to Aviemore, quick pit stop at the Lecht for coffee.

20200117_101109.jpg

This neatly explains why I've shaken all the change oot the piggy bank fir next week's trip tae france.

Been skiing on carpet at Hillend for not far off a year now.  😢

Currently 2C and snowing slightly at Cairngorm base station:

20200117_124514.jpg

Edited by Sceptical