Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

2 minutes ago, Ross B said:

Not surprised, it doesn't look like its far off of 2 hours of torrential rain now and there's another cell forming just across the forth! 

It's crazy, I'm trying to get something to eat as well 😂😂 timings 

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some more pics from this morning in the Lomond Hills. Just the most sublime colours at sunrise. We had 12cm this morning, sunny all day except for a slight freshening up in the afternoon, now -0.7C an

Standing an impressive 5ft 5in tall - the kids have done well with limited resources ?

The snow still hasn't come to anything beyond a slushy mess at the house so we went to the snow. At the small car park at the top of Glen Ogle it was proper snow with a few inches on the ground. By th

Posted Images

I've just driven back from Culross to windygates , roads flooding quick and more to come according to the radar. Might be a busy night for me! Still nutters passing me at 80+ on the A92.. kinghorn flooded, Glenrothes flooded, Leslie flooded...

Edited by tiff
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, ghoneym said:

Lightning strike directly over Kelty a few minutes ago, must have heard a good rumble from that one? watch it live on lightning maps.org.   @Mr Frost top holiday destination for lightning enthusiasts - Beumont Texas 😄

Its still dry with just distant rumbles.

Now that its gone dark fingers crossed for a good light show.

• Like 1

Snag_650c2.thumb.png.b38c56b315040ae3a11edd378472be8e.png

The view for the afternoon and most of the evening - remove the white blob for the view in the morning 😉

Humidity the story of the day (so far...). 

Incredibly sticky and even though the max temperature was a very respectable 22c, washing that was put out has barely dried after 6 hours.

Winds light throughout.

Could do with a good thunderstorm to clear the air, may lift the mood of the kids as well (they do like their thunderstorms - training them well!) as they're not looking forward to going back to school tomorrow.

Nothing to do with the virus, just the thought of doing work after 5 months!

• Like 2

Well the rain did appear here at 8pm on the dot. Heavyish fir a while and on and off since. Thunder rumbling away constantly in the distance but nothing too close yet. Anyone else looking at the radar notice that though the storms hitting Fife can be tracked moving North across the Forth the one that hit Highland Perthshire recently came completely out of nowhere.

• Like 2

Its like a streamer forming and running north straight across the Forth.

The east/west the cut off line seems to be the edge of Lochgelly its as if there is a force field keeping it from coming too far inland.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Quinach said:

Could do with a good thunderstorm to clear the air, may lift the mood of the kids as well (they do like their thunderstorms - training them well!) as they're not looking forward to going back to school tomorrow.

Nothing to do with the virus, just the thought of doing work after 5 months!

It certainly feels warm and muggy enough for a storm, and I do love night-time ones (as long as I don't sleep through them). All we need now is a bit of luck in terms of the track of anything moving up from the south, but we hung some washing out earlier to try to attract it, lol. 

As for school, bear in mind us poor teachers who have already been back at work for the last 2 days, and who's brains are currently fried after trying to digest numerous school plans, risk assessments, hygiene videos etc. The pupils coming back tomorrow will be a bit of a relief after that, although absolute chaos is predicted until new routines bed in. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Constant lightning here now 

I'm coming along to Kirkcaldy , just flickers here in windygates.. is it over the forth?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, howham said:

OK, I'm having a wobble now... Will we get anything here other than thundery rain tomorrow morning?

You and me both mate.. get the feeling its gonna be a few rumbles early morning. Followed by a power cut.. standard for around here.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, howham said:

If it does come, 2-4am would be ideal.  Still dark!  

2-4am I only stay up for snaw.. it will definitely be dark behind closed eyelids  😂😂😂

• Like 1

Woah, looked outside since you lot were posting about it and there's lightning flickering away to the east. I think it's the top of the storm at Biggar as I can see the cloud tops lighting up (I actually thought it may have been a supercell for a few radar frames but probs not)

Edit: multiple directions so may be Edinburgh storm too, crazy to see it from this far away! 

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 1