Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some more pics from this morning in the Lomond Hills. Just the most sublime colours at sunrise. We had 12cm this morning, sunny all day except for a slight freshening up in the afternoon, now -0.7C an

Standing an impressive 5ft 5in tall - the kids have done well with limited resources ?

The snow still hasn't come to anything beyond a slushy mess at the house so we went to the snow. At the small car park at the top of Glen Ogle it was proper snow with a few inches on the ground. By th

Posted Images

My first post here, please be gentle!

Heavy rain shower over Banchory, did hear a couple of rumbles of thunder around 20 minutes ago.

• Like 7
24 minutes ago, Sanserit said:

Heavy rain shower over Banchory, did hear a couple of rumbles of thunder around 20 minutes ago.

Welcome! Just heard further thunder here, so the forecast was certainly correct for NE Scotland! (And another...)

• Like 3

No thunder here yet but had to evacuate the beer garden and come home.. some very angry looking sky and some big blobs of rain..

20200725_154309.jpg

20200725_154307.jpg

20200725_154301.jpg

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Sanserit said:

Welcome to the forum!

• Like 2

Plenty of heavy showers here but nothing thundery. Might have heard some in the distance, but then again it could just have been a tractor with a rumbly trailer. 

Feels warm, was up to 20c earlier and still 28C even now despite a lot of cloud and occasional rain. 

• Like 2

Got woke up by very heavy rain at 7 this morning (I say that loosely as I was struggling to sleep last night anyway) but when that rain eventually did clear through not been a bad day. Not clear skies by any stretch of the imagination but good enough. Quite warm too

• Like 2

Had a peak at the weather radar. Still plenty red around us, I think there is another line out to our west. Is quieter at present though, rain and thunder have died down. Most recent lightning plotted appears to be almost an hour ago so maybe the electrical activity is dying out for the day. Not necessarily the rain though!

• Like 2

Heavy rain early doors but bright intervals since. Felt warm with a max of 19.8C. My daughter walked up from Arbroath to Auchmithie in the afternoon and said that it felt warmer further East. 

33491B9C-C083-4460-928B-2E7F737E10A5.jpeg

• Like 7

Thank you for the welcome everyone 🙂

Torrential rain clearing to something slightly lighter now, I'd imagine the roads are flooded if the car park outside my house is anything to go by! Rumble of thunder heard in the distance, and it's still feeling very sticky however it hasn't stopped some teenagers having a party in the next street 🤣

• Like 3

Similar to others, very heavy rain here during the early part of the day, only thing missing was thunder got 15.5mm in total today and top temp of 22.3C 🌦️

Edited by Kirkcaldy Weather
  • Like 1

A few heavy showers today but no thunder However another good sunset tonight across the Firth. 006.thumb.JPG.78067d0d8b2b5411378c79b4b5a218ac.JPG

My half price rose a couple of years ago has come into its own this year.001.thumb.JPG.71a73c826460a30d4d65e541e491932b.JPG Had to be Massey Ferguson red!!

• Like 8

A rather changeable day overall. 6.1mm of rain, half of which probably came in one downpour early afternoon, after which we managed a dry walk with the dog. 

A fantastic sunset, which as normal the camera just didn't do justice to. 

IMG_20200725_214139.thumb.jpg.6d1dd6c171ce010f1d88109eef468661.jpg

• Like 8

Not a bad day in Inverness, car thermometer reading 19c and just one sharp shower but alas sunshine at a premium.

Quite a lot of tourists about as well.

Drive back on the A96 entertaining as ever (what is it with the boy racers that seem to inhabit the stretch from Fochabers to Huntly every Saturday evening).

From Insch onwards you could see there had been some torrential rain earlier with debris and soil on the road due to field runoff (Fubar News on Facebook has some good photos of flooding etc around Inverurie in the afternoon).

Highlight of the day though was the sunset noted above.  One of the most bizarre I have seen in a long time.

Looking west it's all very conventional....

west.thumb.jpg.f0e093eb7556e4737b24b5dde3021ec1.jpg

But over towards the east, it looked like someone has set the sky on fire, quite stunning...

East.thumb.jpg.b442bdec9438233bd0fc6759a067834a.jpgESE.thumb.jpg.4856dcbeda20ea176842b3593c335070.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Heavy rain rolling through here now when it clears through the rest of the day should be reasonable................before tomorrow

• Like 2

Well for once we did ok here. Only had one shower all day! ...................... so far  🤐

Edited by mardatha
  • Like 4
  • Paul locked this topic