Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

@howham I feel your pain. You will probably be up early morning then..

Still just fog and dampness here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

Finally some action...beautiful light show in the clouds no visible lightning yet it seems to be all around though.

I've never seen so much flashes.

• Like 2

Posted

Haven't seen a light show like this in years. North, South, East and West. Constant lightning. Not much thunder though! Rumbling away in the distance.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Baltic

I've chased this storm over Fife in the last few hours and it is nothing short of brilliant! Sweet spot is straight through the centre of Fife from the forth. A flash a second been happening for the last hour now, absoloute quality  

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Can see a lightning show looking east from the south side of Glasgow, flashes every few seconds. Is that the same storm that’s over Edinburgh?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

Quite eerie in Motherwell, distant lightning every 10 - 20 seconds but no thunder so it must be a long way off.

• Like 1

Posted

In all my 51 years I have Never seen a storm like this. It’s been directly overhead for an hour now with no signs of stopping. 

• Like 5

Posted

At my daughter’s, just outside Bathgate and loving watching the sky light up all around, east and west, heard a couple of rumbles but it’s mainly just the distant lightning. Never experienced so much electrical activity as I’m seeing tonight, daughter thinks I’m nuts. Managed to take some video on my phone but need to see what’s recorded before I share or not. Still really warm outside too, probably the warmest I’ve felt at this time of night so far this summer.

• Like 1

Posted

Seems to be lightning flashes to the east every few seconds. I can't tell there's cloud or haze overhead and whether that's reflecting the the Lightning from the storm over Edinburgh. Quite remarkable that the flashes can be seen from Ayr - it must be some storm over Edinburgh.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

I tried taking a vid of the lightning but being in the city the street lights crowd it out. Is the lightning actually from the storm itself or is it something else? The last few flashes seemed closer.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
36 minutes ago, howham said:

I have a 5 month old... 

And we have a 6mth old... puppy, so I expect if there's thunder here there will be a big furry lump landing on our bed in double quick time. She sleeps in her own bed by ours, and normally if she tries to get up with us during the night she's shifted sharpish. I doubt she'll shift if there's thunder. 

For those of you currently in prime spots, enjoy the show. 

Edited by Ravelin

Posted
21 minutes ago, Ross90 said:

Quite eerie in Motherwell, distant lightning every 10 - 20 seconds but no thunder so it must be a long way off.

Quite frequent flashes in the sky 5 or 10 minutes ago - seems to have died down, for now.

• Like 1

Posted

Just had a look east and the lightning is visible even from here. Flashes every few seconds.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

It’s not the Edinburgh storm mate - stuff you are seeing is elevated. (Popping up all over the place)

0E5F69A4-3EDF-4E21-A1F3-B0B536FCB877.thumb.png.3c29ca500a231b5da14699f44a2dfa08.png

If you look at blitzortung it shows it as all to the east and associated with those storms. Not sure why it's so different? 

If you play the radar back a few hours the trough appears to be very slowly moving to the west/North West so more central areas surely in with a shout over the next few hours. 

• Like 1