Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some more pics from this morning in the Lomond Hills. Just the most sublime colours at sunrise. We had 12cm this morning, sunny all day except for a slight freshening up in the afternoon, now -0.7C an

Standing an impressive 5ft 5in tall - the kids have done well with limited resources ?

The snow still hasn't come to anything beyond a slushy mess at the house so we went to the snow. At the small car park at the top of Glen Ogle it was proper snow with a few inches on the ground. By th

Posted Images

Not a bad day all in all after the deluge last night.

Apart from a shower at teatime, it's been dry with some good spells of sunshine.

As long as the fleece was on, felt very nice outside even in the stiff breeze that was around in the afternoon.

Max of 14.7c.

Random sky shot to illustrate the nice cloudscapes that were around today.

Snag_30ad161.thumb.png.33614c9f710bd21fa8bd5bf9c3d3bc4f.png

• Like 7

Another damp drizzly morning not haymaking weather.Not too cold at 14c. Back playing up with all this damp weather so like a bear with a sore paw. Luckily can get it unlocked  easily  by remedial massage but have missed 3 appointments now because of THE VIRUS so its badly needing attention. Family are saying I definitelly need to see the" other woman."!!!!

• Like 7

Missing the showers here (so far) and temp currently 19.7 C could be some thundery showers around on Thursday, possibly a convergence zone down the middle of Scotland and latest fax chart also shows a trough F64B8F18-6A95-46C3-AB7F-50CF6D396B89.thumb.png.f0246bf83ce74eb9b9642fa0f677b383.png

• Like 5

Whilst the western Border's weather can be described in one word - Meh - here's a photo of Guinevere, Gertrude and Genevieve our one week old Guinea Fowl. They'll go outside to live in the big hawthorn tree in about six weeks.

IMG_20200707_162805.jpg

• Like 9

Really naff weather the last few days - high summer it is not. 

But being the first week of the school holidays I really should not expect anything else!

Contrary to the met office forecast, it's been a wet overcast day (like yesterday) with frequent showers, heavy at times.

Cool with a max today of 13.5c.

Local rookery seems to have had a good breeding season...

Snag_1ff700a.thumb.png.e4d11dd4c319d09e098e79270649f9a0.png

Tree Sparrows also seem to be having a good season here, one of the nest boxes is hosting a second brood at the moment and not long before they depart going by the racket emanating from it.

• Like 7

I have to say for most of the year I’m happy with  the Scottish climate but for me summer is the exception. These cool, cloudy summer days really get to me after a while. I’m yearning for sunshine and warmth! It’s the curse of the maritime climate. Doesn’t help that even by our standards June was poor here and July has followed suit so far. I spotted that Aviemore has had just 9.7 hours of sun so far this month! 🙄

Right, moan over, fingers crossed for something more summery soon! 😂

• Like 6

All in all before the rain came in wasn't that bad a day but under the rain (which ain't heavy) really has got chilly very unjuly like weather brrrrrrr

• Like 4

Went over to St Andrews for a stroll and an ice cream this afternoon. Felt quite pleasant for a while when the sun came out but soon got chilly in the breeze when the clouds returned. Realised that this was the furthestI have been from the house since lockdown began. 
Back home the max for the day was 14.7C sonot quite sunbathing weather.

• Like 6

Temps got up to 19.6C in the sunshine but have dropped to 15C in the last half hour as the cloud came in. Very dark with a gusty wind now. Interestingly the clouds to my West were moving SW to NE while those to the East were moving N to S. First spots of rain just starting.

E9686E7D-9FC7-4F7C-A5D3-F38A2814B16E.jpeg

77CB964A-E96F-44D4-B4F8-DFB000AFFCE0.png

• Like 6

Had one or 2 showers here but looks like again as they've trundled east they've blossomed (as they do)

• Like 5

First decent day for a while here. Up to 18.0C mid afternoon with sunny spells - washing got nicely dry. Then poured down and13.0C behind the rain - humidity gone. Not bad at all.

• Like 5

I'm planning a bbq with a shoulder of pork to cook for four hours over coals on Sunday @mardatha so it WILL be 19°C and lovely. I have decided. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Well, summer returned for about 30mins in the morning with some blue sky, light winds and temperature rocketing to the heady heights of 15c.

Then the cool, showery dross reappeared and has still to leave...

Grass now very squelchy underfoot for the first time since the winter.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, shuggee said:

I'm planning a bbq with a shoulder of pork to cook for four hours over coals on Sunday @mardatha so it WILL be 19°C and lovely. I have decided. 

If it works out, then could you have one 6 days every week? Have a day off so the garden can get some rain. Cheers!

• Like 3

Appears that a big drop in temp this afternoon was prevalent in the East today. We went from 19.6C here at lunchtime to 12.6C at teatime.😟

• Like 4