Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

6 minutes ago, Norrance said:
Over here today a degree cooler than yesterday with a fresh Easterly breeze though still very pleasant with a top temp of 22.1C. Most storms forecast to be further West than here again tomorrow but I wouldn't rule one out completely for us later in the day.

When I drove over to St Andrews late this afternoon I could see the haar rolling into the Tay estuary. Clearly didn’t make it as far as you though! 
As expected around 6c cooler here this afternoon with the onshore breeze keeping temperatures around 17c under mostly sunny skies.

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some more pics from this morning in the Lomond Hills. Just the most sublime colours at sunrise. We had 12cm this morning, sunny all day except for a slight freshening up in the afternoon, now -0.7C an

Standing an impressive 5ft 5in tall - the kids have done well with limited resources ?

The snow still hasn't come to anything beyond a slushy mess at the house so we went to the snow. At the small car park at the top of Glen Ogle it was proper snow with a few inches on the ground. By th

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

When I drove over to St Andrews late this afternoon I could see the haar rolling into the Tay estuary. Clearly didn’t make it as far as you though! 
As expected around 6c cooler here this afternoon with the onshore breeze keeping temperatures around 17c under mostly sunny skies.

Yes. Out for a walk earlier this evening and could see it creeping up the river and patches over towards the East of the city. Can still see a lot of cloud to my Southeast now and patchy bits blowing through here. A bit warmer than expected for me here today but with a refreshing breeze.

• Like 2

Lightning visible in the distance to the south/west from Cambuslang. Clouds lighting up orange/white. Can't hear any thunder.? from that cell over s/w scotland.

• Like 2

Roasty Toasty.

Max of 26.2c under clear blue skies (albeit sunshine a bit hazy at times).  Bit breezy in the afternoon but it just made things even more pleasant.

Dead calm now outside.

Only downside is the hayfever has been brutal the last couple of days.  Kids still find it hilarious that Vaseline up and around the nose helps a lot.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, colrobs said:

Lightning visible in the distance to the south/west from Cambuslang. Clouds lighting up orange/white. Can't hear any thunder.? from that cell over s/w scotland.

A little storm has just popped up to the west of Arran. Possibly that.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, JamesM said:

A little storm has just popped up to the west of Arran. Possibly that.

Not sure, it was more south than west, Unfortunately I can't get a decent view downstairs and as someones gone to bed can't look out the bedroom window upstairs. I found the little cell on the radar just west of Arran. Where did that come from ?

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Saw this posted on Western Isles weather taken from just West of Stornoway. As an aside I caught my first ever trout on that loch many many years ago.

27E8C8CA-AC8D-4B61-85B4-81A598D8D3BD.jpeg

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 6

I can see the same from here, looks like South West so probably the developing cells towards arran. Could be some high level stuff from the main band I guess tho! 

Seething should be with @Mr Frost soon I reckon. 

Edited by Ross B
5 minutes ago, Ross B said:

I can see the same from here, looks like South West so probably the developing cells towards arran. Could be some high level stuff from the main band I guess tho! 

Seething should be with @Mr Frost soon I reckon. 

Frequent flashes ,  maybe more Kilmarnock area , not sure. Not heard any thunder yet

Looks awesome from here so must be amazing at the beach! Its getting brighter here with frequent flashes, I've been told off for considering the beach ?

Edit: thunder now too

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Ross B said:

Looks awesome from here so must be amazing at the beach! Its getting brighter here with frequent flashes, I've been told off for considering the beach ?

Edit: thunder now too

Not heard any thunder yet from EK

8 minutes ago, scott125 said:

Not heard any thunder yet from EK

Seems to be dieing down a bit now with a cool breeze , haven't seen any lightning for 5 or 10 mins. 

Stuff to the south is a bit of a mess but the band is slowly moving north east so I guess a let's see what happens! 

@Stormeh must be under the other one at Ardrossan at the moment. 

Thanks, I am not a professional photographer but I am really chuffed with them ?

intense rain now with still the odd flash and bang ?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, scott125 said:

Woken by thunder here in East Kilbride

Same here in Cathcart. Got a storm here now, louder thunder and some lightning there also. Seems a taste of things to come today by the sounds of it...

also got woken by heavy rain at 4:30.

• Like 1

Cracking photos of the lightning posted above.

Too far to my West but saw on social media it was some show, a couple photos from Kirkcudbright:

14E0F696-0BE0-4F92-B193-61666B2A5EC5.jpeg

D09D649B-61A8-45A7-8FA7-C628FD45967C.jpeg

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 8
  • Paul locked this topic