Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Foul night outside. And seems as though its gonna stay that way for a few days yet..

Oh well a few if these will help. Happy Saturday everybody 

20201010_180743.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

Certainly a cool day here with odd light drizzly showers and a fresh NW wind.Up most of last night calving cows ( Why won"t they do it in daylight hours ) in steading . Just as well as rained the whole time. One eventually calved by vet suffered a bit of damage to a hip but finally on its feet drinking off mum late pm today.A big cool down compared to just 10 days ago but with potential to dry up good for cattle outside.Maximum of 9c here today.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Up in Highland Perthshire for the weekend for what was supposed to be a birthday get together that was much curtailed by the new regulations. Anyway heavy showers here brought in on a strong at times NorthWesterly wind and feeling rather cold. Higher mountains pretty much in cloud all day so not sure if snow is still on the tops. My daughter and her pals are climbing Ben Vorlich and Stuc A'Chroin tomorrow so hope it is a bit quieter then. 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Lovely calm still morning, sun going to come oot any minute, 6C.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Still calm here too, and bright and dry. And chilly.

Temperature currently 2.4deg.C up from a min of 1.6deg.C at 08:09, r.h. is 97%, no wind, no rain, no cloud and pressure at 1029.2hPa rising slowly.

• Like 6

Posted

Quick photo that sums up yesterday 

PXL_20201010_141703726.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Still dry and calm here. Anybody up in the islands? Son is heading for the Uig ferry and going to Lochmaddy = what's it like up there? He isn't a good traveller..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

This would likely deposit snow on the hills at worse.... 

gfsnh-0-276.png?12

Only for fun at that range though. 

Today started wet and brrezy but cleared to occasional sun in the afternoon. Never warm but not cold either. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Some folk getting excited over in the mad house. Wonder how long before we see toys and prams being rolled out.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
4 minutes ago, Mair Snaw said:

Some folk getting excited over in the mad house. Wonder how long before we see toys and prams being rolled out.

It’s common already in the winter thread from some I can understand if we were say halfway through winter and it had been but the current outlook is promising to me with the snow cover and cold air looking like it will be advancing quite far west out of Siberia in the next 10 days or so and with the potential for the Greenland high u wouldn’t rule out our chances of getting into a NE / E flow at some stage bearing in mind it’s still October too

• Like 6

Posted

Lovely day high up above Tweeddale. Went off piste and ended up pinned against a deer fence descending the hill. Not so good. Pretty though. 

PXL_20201011_141404424.jpg

PXL_20201011_134856528.jpg

• Like 9

Posted

In other news I see the Cairngorm Funicular is to be repaired:

WWW.HIE.CO.UK

Cairngorm will benefit from more than £20 million to make it a year-round attraction, generating significant economic benefits for...

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
28 minutes ago, Sanserit said:

I was reading that thread this morning...they take life very seriously, don't they?

Lovely walk today but regretted wearing my 3-in-1 jacket as I was roasted less than half way through my 5 mile walk! High of 16c, low of 6.8c and marginally over 1mm of rain.

62658CFB-8328-4FFC-9B52-D768E2D06DEE_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.b48a519851570aa837e202499f6520d8.jpeg 28D94D13-E48F-497C-893B-D0E030DB3757.thumb.jpeg.b6724136962c9216b995b64dc438e0ec.jpeg

Wait til u see how much it kicks off when the models show UK snow chances Think a recent example is the failed easterly a few winters ago think that one still gives @Mr Frost nightmares ⛄️ 

• Like 6

Posted

Showery morning, drier afternoon if mostly overcast.

Generally light winds and a max of 10c.

Snag_2ecd971.thumb.png.31f31c3f7d74092824a76a90e613e105.png

Snag_2f5f460.thumb.png.a8e3264f88b6c74830a9ea725c9fa17f.png

Nature at its most brutal on show in the garden this afternoon.  Family busy feeding the birds then a sparrowhawk decided to join the feast; within just 3 seconds what was a dunnock turned into a single feather lying on the ground.  Kids completely dazed at the speed of the event and I was astounded at the brass neck of the hawk to swope down with so many humans close by.

Edited by Quinach
  • Like 4

Posted

Yesterday was a perfect day for a wander through Glen Fruin. Today isn't.

Temperature currently 8.3deg.C up from a min of 7.1deg.C at 01:48, r.h. is 97%, very light breeze from the south, pressure at 1016.6hPa falling, there's total cloud cover and a bit of mist and 3.4mm of rain has fallen so far today.

• Like 6

Posted
3 hours ago, Mair Snaw said:

Raining again.. and the heating is on again.

Not only has my heating been on, the lights are on here!

To quote my kids...it's minging out there! High so far of 9.4c and 3.05mm of rain which isn't boding well for getting out and walking today - just hope it brightens up towards the end of the afternoon.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Naeview said:

Greetings folks.

My first post here. I've been a subscriber to the Netweather Radar for a while now, and popped into the forum occasionally but thought it was time I finally joined. So hi. 

Not very sunny in sunny East Lothian this morning. Dreich and damp in fact, with some heavy bands of rain earlier. Looks like we might get a wee break later though.

Welcome from me too, another relative newbie on here

• Like 5

Posted
6 hours ago, Naeview said:

Greetings folks.

My first post here. I've been a subscriber to the Netweather Radar for a while now, and popped into the forum occasionally but thought it was time I finally joined. So hi. 

Not very sunny in sunny East Lothian this morning. Dreich and damp in fact, with some heavy bands of rain earlier. Looks like we might get a wee break later though.

Welcome, from yet another new member here.

Steady improvement in the weather today, much as forecast, temperature got up to 11.7deg.C at 12:45 but now back down to 9.7deg.C, r.h. is 82%, wind still very light but swung round the the northeast, pressure is 1014.5hPa steady, there's now been 5.2mm of rain today and the cloud has rolled back to 1/8 cover so it's nice and sunny.

• Like 4

Posted

Pouring down most of the day. When it wasn't it was heavy drizzle or smirry rain. Walk in the woods with Finn:

PXL_20201012_132927206.jpg

PXL_20201012_133505280.jpg

• Like 5