Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!
34 minutes ago, shuggee said:

Rain and associated low cloud and grey skies cleared around 8.45am - with a defined edge to blue sky and sunshine. Now a mixed bag of cloud/sun. The transition is heading north and east - so there's hope yet! Low of 6.4C last night.

GOT IT here now, ty. Send more!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
2 hours ago, shuggee said:

Rain and associated low cloud and grey skies cleared around 8.45am - with a defined edge to blue sky and sunshine. Now a mixed bag of cloud/sun. The transition is heading north and east - so there's hope yet! Low of 6.4C last night.

Saturday a washout and again a pesky E / NE wind anim_fvd1.gifanim_ktx2.gif

• Like 1

Posted

Foul day, and cold, just 8c at the moment. 

Radar says its dry, the fine drenching drizzle that has been here all day begs to disagree.

Weather warning out for Saturday and Sunday, not often you see the Met Office mentioning flooding being likely.  Big change, especially after the very dry period recently.

image.thumb.png.b2bb393e1d6c856a29db32ec3a0dc62b.png

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, mardatha said:

Been a lovely day here, amazed!

Yeah after the early rain cleared it did brighten up. Tomorrow not looking too shabby either THEN we got the weekend to get through. Saturday inparticulair no comment

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

I'm not sure i can find the words to describe just how awful it has been here today.

• Like 3

Posted

What a vile day! 

Today was the first day of an inter-region competition to do a virtual tour of all our offices and the dogs and I got drenched on our early morning walk, (they weren't best pleased having to go out in it again with my dog walker). Why, oh why, couldn't we have done this challenge in September? Still, at least we're raising money for RSABI by doing it.

Spent an hour standing in the park with our youth group and it's taken me a good while to warm up again. 

However, after all the rain we've had today, my rain gauge hasn't recorded a drop...any ideas anyone?

To end the day, I'm getting into winter mode by watching 'The Day After Tomorrow' on the box 

Edited by Sanserit
  • Like 4

Posted

@Sanserit that is my favourite film for winter. Apart from December when I go all Charles Dickens.

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mair Snaw said:

@Sanserit that is my favourite film for winter. Apart from December when I go all Charles Dickens.

Agree love The Day After Tomorrow yes it may be far fetched with some things but with the extreme weather events around the world (hot + cold) each year you never know when a BFTE will appear I mean I still can't get over those thunderstorms in August if that's possible then more events like November / December 2010 etc are too

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Chilly one this morning. About 1c with a slight frost. Lovely morning and should be a decent day before it all turns to over the weekend! 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

What a lovely day yesterday was. Started bright and chilly, stayed bright all day even with some cumulus bubbling up in the middle of the day and ended cloudless again, although it also remained chilly. This morning is on a repeat loop; cloudless and therefore sunny but with a definite chill in the air.

Temperature currently 0.8 deg.C with an overnight minimum of -0.3 at 05:32, r.h. is 97%, there's no wind, pressure at 1000.2 hPa rising, and there's been no rain in the last twenty-four hours.

• Like 3

Posted

Frost on the grass, cars, roofs etc this morning with the sun coming up over the trees.

Tomorrow is looking dreadful!

• Like 3

Posted

Fourth air frost at -1.7C.

At 9am GFS 00z said 6C, the garden said -0.6C. Wish I had seen this coming so I could've covered some of the plants I am wanting to over-winter..... 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

No frost here a bit further North due to cloud and a breeze overnight. Min of 7C. The clouds broke up first thing though and it became a glorious sunny morning. Now 12.5C with just a few wisps of fair weather clouds. I suppose that we should make the most of it.

02C59653-FA1F-4548-BF26-962082652701.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted

It's been such a nice day that I took my oxygen bottle for a walk around the village, quickly deciding that my two jacket strategy might have been poorly advised. Thoroughly enjoyed it though.

Temperature currently 14.8 deg.C down from a maximum of 15.2 deg.C at 15:26, r.h. is 57%, there's little or no wind, pressure rising slowly at 1003.8 hPa, no rain and the only clouds visible are on all horizons. Another day of consistently bright sunshine.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Looking forward to my Amber weather warning tomorrow... not! Myself, @Mair Snaw, @Quinachand the like will see you on the other side, if we don't float away first. 

• Like 6

Posted

@Ravelin it would appear that we are in for a rather large amount of rain over the coming few days. I have no need to leave the comfort of my house until Monday so indoors it will be. Beer, curry and football will keep me occupied.

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Red sky at night, shepherd's full of nonsense:

20201002_184639.thumb.jpg.e3ded665863f9e4c1fd047399621494b.jpg1687222175_Screenshot_20201002-191604_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.a787cce5a42aee4385059353d9bdfba6.jpg

Was thinking the exact same thing this evening when out for a walk!!

Snag_2aa8a58.thumb.png.ed594c5c4abbd0d2b1295b89788dcf65.png

Snag_2aac32b.thumb.png.6d6152f0f0bb249cadc7daa6dad6e411.png

Snag_2ab0bec.thumb.png.825b96abb7791d9f3f8af5b6cdb8c125.png

Lovely day, plenty of sunshine, light winds and a max of 13c.  Nearby burn is running high today, going to keep a watchful eye on it tomorrow - house should be okay but if the burn floods, it cuts off the access road.

• Like 8

Posted

Took the dogs out for a decent walk at lunchtime and was very pleasantly surprised by how warm it was in the sun, given the day we had yesterday and what's to come over the weekend. Plenty of others in our SACTDO NE team obviously felt the same way as lots of miles travelled today for our fundraising cause!

7A2B5949-DC52-4645-AE19-03D8609EAB60.thumb.jpeg.502147375db35fadf594b9e46d323b92.jpeg

From a low of 7.6c at 7am, we hit the heady heights of 15.5c at 2pm and the ground underfoot was much better than I expected.  However, the river was running fast and much higher that it's been all summer but it didn't stop these hardy souls.

0828D891-59FA-497A-B290-E61F434A8FE6.thumb.jpeg.2db28fd16e8053bcbef16c3b64c8e037.jpeg

By the way, I think I've fixed the problem I mentioned the other day with my rain collector...pine needles were blocking it. Hopefully, it'll work properly tomorrow.

• Like 7

Posted

A bit hard to judge with the scale but that looks like some areas of 60+ mm over the next 36hours and add some more on for +72 hours ?‍♂️ 739FD5CC-6D6B-4F3E-8590-E8751C03F118.thumb.png.1dfd6d151c857b85f4250581def2d690.png939AB2E4-B47C-410A-8EE2-BD525F0B1632.thumb.png.0782b5b7d197fef04a12cb24ac8f88cb.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero
6 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

A bit hard to judge with the scale but that looks like some areas of 60+ mm over the next 36hours and add some more on for +72 hours ?‍♂️ 739FD5CC-6D6B-4F3E-8590-E8751C03F118.thumb.png.1dfd6d151c857b85f4250581def2d690.png939AB2E4-B47C-410A-8EE2-BD525F0B1632.thumb.png.0782b5b7d197fef04a12cb24ac8f88cb.png

Ugh, my roof leak still hasn’t been properly sorted since the August storm. Really not looking forward to this ☹️

• Like 1

Posted

It's duller this morning with 7/8 cloud cover, thickest to the east, but it's still dry so far.

Temperature currently 5.6 deg.C up from an overnight low of 4.5 deg.C at 03:17, r.h. is 97%, there's no wind, pressure is 1000.1 hPa falling slowly, and there's been no rain in the last twenty-four hours.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well it started raining here about 8am and we've had nearly 5mm so far. The total for the whole of Sept was 39mm, I wonder how close to that we will get by the end of Sunday? Or could we beat it? 

• Like 3