Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted

Wow! Met more than a bit out with their low temps! -3c when I got up! Currently -2c! First proper white frost of Autumn! Stunning morning. 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Lovely sunny morning blue skies and 1C, birds water was frozen. Fed birds, we've got a mob of wee sparrows living in the hedge and they sit on the fence and look into the kitchen until somebody feeds them.

• Like 8

Posted

First proper frost of the season. Cars, grass etc all white and still hanging on in the shade. Stunning morning, not a cloud in the sky.

• Like 7

Posted

Definitely picked the wrong year to start growing stuff....

Last frost - May 14th - which is a couple of weeks later than anytime in the previous 12 years

June, July and August all less sun than normal

And now a first frost 3-4 weeks earlier than normal

• Like 6

Posted

Third air frost at - 2.7°C. All the begonias are black this morning. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Low temp here of 1.6C and DP of 0.2C ❄️

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

No frost here today.. just the same greyness as yesterday. No wind today tho so thats better than yesterday, other than that same s#*t different day.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Max of 11C exactly today and min of 0.9C so quite cool overall. In the sun and with a lighter breeze it didn't feel too bad and I had a walk this afternoon in shorts and a t shirt though I had to pretend a bit to my wife that I wasn't really feeling cold. Looks like another coldish one tonight with temp currently 8.4C.

• Like 7

Posted

Lovely to see all these wonderful pictures... makes nice viewing instead of looking out at Aberdeenshire permagloom.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather
11 minutes ago, Mair Snaw said:

Lovely to see all these wonderful pictures... makes nice viewing instead of looking out at Aberdeenshire permagloom.

image.thumb.png.01255af2e638ec6f87a829cd26ab4797.png

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

minus 1 this morning following by glorious sunny morning before high cloud filtered in from the west.

• Like 4

Posted

So Mrs Mair Snaw has today told me she wants more outside space. So i have agreed to another house move... she then says a home by the coast would be nice... she has been told to get tae f#*k. And quickly agreed to a move inland and said no more than 200m asl.. oh go on then.

• Like 2

Posted

Overnight low of 3.1c so not as cold as further south.

Thereafter a forgettable day.  Generally grey, though the sun taunted you in the late afternoon by trying to break through the cloud.

Max of 11c and dry.

Strong aurora ongoing just now going by the alert I got, but the cloud is masking any view of that unfortunately.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Well that's the Indian summer finished. This morning the weather is dull, damp and disappointing.

Temperature currently 9.2 deg.C up from a minimum of 4.7 deg.C at 01:46, relative humidity is 95%, there's no wind, barometer at 1012.1 falling slowly, there's been 0.4mm or rain on the last 24 hours and the sky is 8/8 cloud covered.

Strangely, although my weather station is recording very little to no wind and the trees behind me are still, the wind turbine on the farm on the other side of the wood is going like the clappers. Either it's very exposed or I'm very sheltered here.

• Like 2

Posted

It's remained dull and damp with occasional drizzle producing a total for the day so far of 5.6mm of rain, temperature currently 14.0 deg.C, which is a fraction down on the high for today, the wind has remained light to non-existent and pressure is steady at 1012.9 hPa.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Cool and cloudy here today with a max so far of 12C which is the current temp. Just a hint of rain about lunchtime but didn't last more than a few minutes.

• Like 3

Posted

After a damp middle of the morning to about 2 or so this afternoon the skies did break very sunny end to the day. Wonder if we get mist and fog tonight with the dampness of the ground so forth

• Like 4

Posted

Typical, I put washing out late morning, went onto a phone meeting then when I turned round it was raining! Not enough to register on my rain gauge but enough to stop my laundry from drying. Hey ho, looks like the drying rack will be used more often from now on. Hopefully tomorrow will be the best day of the week and the sun will make an appearance.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
21 hours ago, Quinach said:

Strong aurora ongoing just now going by the alert I got, but the cloud is masking any view of that unfortunately.

Could be a good show tonight.

DAE3543C-4642-4CF5-92EC-8C3BD83B7CA3.thumb.jpeg.c53266b31fecc1b4c4818eb7ce81117f.jpeg

Wet morning here today and then a wonderful sunny afternoon/evening - high of 15C.

Crystal clear overhead at the moment but can see those showers on the Coast.

1C287581-8807-4029-93F3-EEFD00AA1E1B.thumb.jpeg.0f5702e3260defcdb3b78e772aaf581e.jpeg

Lovely tomorrow and then a washout Wednesday! 

All the best to you all.

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 8

Posted

A day of light grey Aberdeenshire Permagloom™ - clearing this evening to crystal clear skies!

Armed with the Aurora Amber alert, dragged the kids out to have a look an hour ago - to discover nought bar two satellites..... kids not impressed.  Just goes to show how quickly the aurora comes and goes.

The late evening clearance allowed some sunshine to appear just before sunset - the low angle of the sun making the clouds look particularly sinister...

Snag_94d08e.thumb.png.aabe6f5e7fea4d4bbd657218e6b73c47.png

Surprisingly mild day, with a max of 16c - coinciding with a few spots of rain around lunchtime (warm front passing over???).  Generally light winds.

• Like 9

Posted

An odd thing happened an hour after I posted here at 16:30; the sky cleared and the drizzle stopped. The only cloud visible was some cumulus on the western horizon. In the last couple of hours the cloud has started building again. We're getting some weather at last.

Temperature currently 6.1 deg.C, r.h. at 97%, pressure 1016.8 hPa rising slowly, and no wind registering. Total rain today was 5.6mm.

• Like 5