Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Heavy drizzle here, really upset my plans for lifting the tatties. By the time this goes off it'll be like the Somme oot there..

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Glorious morning here. Even after a night with the neighbours ( in our bubble and less than 6 over 12)..a slight breeze but unbroken sunshine and not a cloud insight. The next week looks like it could be rather cold compared to the past few days, might need to fetch my big jumper out of storage..

• Like 4

Posted

Cloud's really struggled to shift but signs at last it clearing (even had a bit of drizzle this morning too)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Cloud has mostly gone here, in fact clear to the east with just a handful of fluffy mid-level ones to the west of me and some wispy high-level cover on the western horizon, so generally a bright and warm day. My parents came for a visit, both nearing their nineties but refusing to pop their clogs just to annoy me, and we walked the two hundred yards down to the local coffee shop for lunch, which was very pleasant in the sunshine. Temperature at 18.9 deg.C, which is the maximum so far today and I doubt it will get much warmer now.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well this week every day except Wed the temp has peaked near or above 20C every day here. You really can't complain about that for mid Sept. It's probably going yo be well into next year now before that is likely to be repeated, and later this week the peaks might be nearer 10C if we're lucky. 

Cut all the grass again this afternoon, will that be the last this year? Probably not, but going to be harder to get it as dry next time. 

• Like 7

Posted

Lovely day at 19.4°C blue skies until late afternoon. 

IMG_20200920_155822.jpg

Couldn't resist - next weekend the start of "air frost count"? 

1600627860509_Screenshot_20200920-191853.png

• Like 6

Posted

This afternoon clouded over a bit and the wind has really picked up and it actually felt a bit chilly when I just took last nights empties to the car ready for the bottle bank tomorrow. 

Tomorrow looks like a decent day and then its downhill all the way, is that the last of the warmth gone now??

I'm looking forward to winter and am hoping it will be a very cold one full of snaw, snaw and mair snaw 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Cloud stayed put all day here though it was pretty much dry. Max of 14.8C.Further inland the sun cam out after early mist and fog cleared. Saw this nice photo of a fog bow above the upper Tay valley from this morning.

4A35313A-B5A6-4528-9AEB-2FF08EF7A675.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted

Dull, cloudy, no wind, no rain. Typical! I invest a small fortune in a new weather station and the weather stops. Why do I even bother?!

Temperature currently 10.2 deg.C after an overnight low of 6.8 deg.C at 04:20, humidity 96%, wind zero, barometer at 1018.7 hPa, no rain in the last 24 hours, 8/8 cloud cover.

• Like 8

Posted

Fresher start to the  day  hazy high cloud a fresh SW wind and currently 13c.Combines going at 8.00am in last fields roundabout  as no dew.

Finally caught up with 21st century getting a smart phone  just before harvest to photgraph grain passports so no contact with lorry drivers and sending it by e mail.

Just finished  connecting  it to a camera in steading to monitor calving cows. Surprised my self that I was able to do it although took from 6.00am to 8.00am this morning. Fabulous picture quality and can more or less see whole of cattle shed.. So no more getting up at night just to check.Only need to go out if cow actually needs help.

• Like 9

Posted

Another glorious day here, warm sunshine and hardly any breeze, so the Snaw family headed off to the beach.

20200921_122142.jpg

20200921_122139.jpg

20200921_121827.jpg

20200921_121758.jpg

20200921_122208.jpg

20200921_122123.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

A decent enough day given that it stayed dry but cloudy and not all that warm.

Temperature currently 13.4 deg.C down from 15.3 deg.C at 15:32, humidity 80%, wind zero, barometer at 1016.9 hPa, no rain and 8/8 cloud cover.

• Like 1

Posted

The sun never really managed to break through today. Even more less likely to do so tomorrow but should be back by wednesday albeit cooler

• Like 3

Posted

It's raining. Well, drizzle. Okay, a smir, but it's the first precipitation in a week.

Temperature 11.6 deg.C, up a massive 0.5 deg.C from last night's minimum at 01:49, humidity 93%, a light breeze from a generally southeasterly direction, barometer at 1006.3 hPa, dropping quickly now, light drizzle that's not yet recording on my station, and 8/8 cloud cover.

• Like 2

Posted

Cloudy dull start, very windy now and the sun is trying its hardest to break through the cloud cover. Cooler than yesterday and looks like thats it for warmth.

Still not had the heating kick in yet and inside is sticking around 20c, the heating is set at 18c so I doubt it will be long.

In other news it looks like we are all being put back on the naughty step. I wonder how long for this time round.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Some cool nights coming up 7DBC8787-583E-4714-A5DA-77BB25F37080.thumb.png.995caa9ec6ad605a90e7bec62bedf440.png933880A9-F1D0-4B41-97E6-0648AC0EECF7.thumb.png.bd5b8db8949e0a946f6d5a89392df729.png usually takes a bit to get frost here but much better than those uncomfortably warm nights, also been nice and sunny the last few days.

• Like 4

Posted

Well the sun failed to get through the cloud. Still got a stiff breeze blowing and it looks very Autumnal outside.

• Like 2

Posted

The day started fairly uninspiring and hasn't really improved. A pretty constant smir has only resulted in 0.4mm of rain in total, the temperature is now 13.8 deg.C, which is down from a disappointing max. of 14.1 at 15:10, r.h. is 83%, wind is still light and generally southerly and pressure is down to 1001.0 hPa.

Nothing to see here.

• Like 2

Posted

The wind sure is getting up and the rain is advancing but not quite here yet won't be long though before the change comes. Tonight looks chilly

• Like 3

Posted

Overcast for the most part with a strong gusty wind, dry and max of 16c.

A big contrast to the previous glorious days of sunshine and max temps of 21c.

• Like 2