Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted

Cold Front just went through. A thin band but some quite heavy rain with it. Forecast shows that Front will weaken as it heads south and east brining no rain as it continues over England.. Apart from drizzle at times was a warm day. Not any fresher so far since the front passed through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
58 minutes ago, Mair Snaw said:

Just seen the weather over in Denver.. around freezing and blizzards. By Thursday 28c... thats just mental. How is that even possible??

Like others some really heavy rain and gusty conditions here over the last half hour or so. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Not a bad start here this morning. A bit of a breeze and definitely a tad cooler. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Started off well but quickly went downhill. Rain then dull grey skies, but hoping it gets better...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Good morning, new boy reporting. I look forward to making your acquaintance.

It's been sunny here this morning, and dull, and drizzling, and cool-ish. Feels like September.

• Like 7

Posted

Fine  fresh start to the day001.thumb.JPG.263dcb4c82c0543f89aa254ffbb943dd.JPG after last nights rain with a moderate west wind and some light showers Currently 12c

• Like 8

Posted

Outside of the usual mountain ranges, is there an inhabited village/town in Scotland that is generally the first place to get snow each year. Or is it quite random? I’d imagine elevation plays a big part and which way the wind is from. Just curious if anyone knows? 

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Coopsy said:

Outside of the usual mountain ranges, is there an inhabited village/town in Scotland that is generally the first place to get snow each year. Or is it quite random? I’d imagine elevation plays a big part and which way the wind is from. Just curious if anyone knows? 

Tomintoul springs to mnd but there are others which would be similar inland away from the moderating influence of the sea and with a bit of height approximately 1150 feet above sea level. Dalwhinnie perhaps as well at the same height.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
3 hours ago, Coopsy said:

An early Northerly can bring bring snow showers to Shetland. Otherwise as  NL says any village in the Highlands or Grampian with altitude is a possible contender depending on  the conditions.

• Like 1

Posted

A few sharp showers  this afternoon and its a cool night out. 

Well the cold bug is sweeping through the house as my darling child has passed it on to me.. sharing is caring so he says.

I see great excitement over in the mad House over some long range charts, its a tad early for that kind of thing.

• Like 1

Posted
12 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Tomintoul springs to mnd but there are others which would be similar inland away from the moderating influence of the sea and with a bit of height approximately 1150 feet above sea level. Dalwhinnie perhaps as well at the same height.

12 hours ago, Norrance said:

An early Northerly can bring bring snow showers to Shetland. Otherwise as  NL says any village in the Highlands or Grampian with altitude is a possible contender depending on  the conditions.

Thank you both. I’ll be looking out with excitement. I’m guessing it could be within weeks now if the set up is right ❄️ 

• Like 2

Posted

Decent start to the day.

Dry, ground dry, 11.7 deg.C, light breeze, total cloud cover.

Thank you for the welcome Mair Snaw.

• Like 2

Posted

A cool start here 6c at 6am. Sun was trying its hardest to make an appearance but the cloud is now building in and the wind is picking up after a calm start.

Tomorrow looks like a total write off with rain and strong winds. Then a few warmish days before a drop back down in temps. So nothing really out of the norm for the time of year.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Very wet by Sunday for western Scotland as the waving front just keeps the heavy rain feeding in off the Altantic. 

MO warning starts Saturday evening

sept10morain.png

sept10rainttotSudnay.png

• Thanks 1

Posted

It's remained dry but cloudy since this morning with the temperature only rising to 13.7 deg.C and the wind getting up to around a moderate breeze. Not worth a diary entry.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

A bright 6C on the way to work this morning and a grey 13C on the way home this afternoon. Not an awful day by any means but as @Puffy MacCloud said, not one for the diary. 

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 1

Posted

Surprisingly cold last night with a minimum of 4c recorded (though we are admittedly in a bit of a frost hollow). 

Just as well the greenhouse insulation and heating system was set up.

Initially quite bright but Aberdeenshire Permagloom™ returned from 10am onwards - resulting in a cool max of just 12c.

Only saving grace were the light winds and lack of precipitation.

Oh, and the house martins reappeared today, or maybe a more northerly flock using the area as a staging post before heading onwards.  Either way, welcome sight.

• Like 2

Posted

From a rather cool 4.4c at 7.10am, the temperature climbed to the heady heights of 15.3c early afternoon before slowly dropping again. I’m not sorry to say I put the heating on as sitting with my back to the expanse of glass that is my patio door, I was frozen (and @Mair SnawI did have a jumper on). At least it stayed dry with just a light breeze.

On the upside, the cloud cleared late afternoon and I spent a pleasant, if chilly, couple of hours in the park with our youth group. Possibly the last time we’ll be able to do that for a few weeks with the reimposed restrictions.

• Like 1

Posted

It would appear that I've been asleep for a long time. I've woken up in November horrible morning. I'm away to the mad house to see what be going down.. 

Happy Friday to you all

Posted

really has been a terrible three months. Cloud, rain, almost non stop. Even the mini heatwave next week looks like continual grey days for  the west coast of Scotland.

Depressing as f**k. I think the lockdown coming back will have a real detrimental affect on people if this weather keeps up, we were fortunate to have 6-8 weeks of decent weather for the initial one.

• Like 2

Posted

Very windy start to the day at 14c.Occasional bursts of rain too but out west looks much worse. Glad the barley harvest is over as heads would be landing on the ground today

• Like 3