Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted

Oh, some sunshine - for an hour before dusk...

Otherwise more of the same overcast conditions with drizzle first thing in the morning.

Again very mild - even balmy, with a max of 18c.

Calm conditions throughout.

• Like 3

Posted
12 hours ago, 101_North said:

Endless grey, drizzly pish! Not a summer to remember round these parts!!

Quite. 5 days on the trot without any sun here. June, July and now August with below average sunshine. And the Edinburgh figures are even worse than here. Payback for April and May! 

• Like 8

Posted
13 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Quite. 5 days on the trot without any sun here. June, July and now August with below average sunshine. And the Edinburgh figures are even worse than here. Payback for April and May! 

April and May were exceptional but sadly feel like a lifetime ago now. The payback seems excessive

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Cloud, murk, drizzle and gloom. Sums things up nicely for today and is a sad reflection on this rubbish summer. After days upon days of brilliant weather during lockdown I just knew it would go boobs up as soon as we were aloud out again.

• Like 5

Posted

A grey start but hopefully will brighten up. Starting to notice last few mornings a bit of mist and fog (a clear sign the days are changing) not lasting too long but it is there

• Like 4

Posted

Just saw a small patch of blue poking out from behind the greyness and even a sudden glimpse of the sun. All gone just as quick as it arrived

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Gorgeous day, hit 24.1c in the sunshine about 2pm. Felt humid. 
Now cloudy and cooler with the wind picking up.

Been a much warmer few weeks which has been welcome. 

• Like 3

Posted

It’s been a reasonable day on Deeside, warmer than I thought it was going to be and made for a very pleasant afternoon walk. I even managed to sit out and enjoy the warmth for a bit until the breeze picked up. Everything loose is now packed away for the next few days however, I’m not making the mistake of leaving the garden parasol out like I did the last time we had high winds...Mary Poppins would have enjoyed that journey!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

It is never too early for some Scottish mountain snowfall. :santa-emoji::snowman-emoji:

UKMO 120:

9DA8AF19-747A-4125-8670-975FD354C2C6.thumb.gif.bd20f84909b1ecc51951a75d234fd92c.gif5F95C7BB-46C8-487A-B33D-298722164930.thumb.gif.3c288354ee924ae914aad580ed21498a.gif

https://mwis.org.uk

Planning Outlook

After a severe day due to severe upland gales and rain widely on Friday, the weekend will be showery as winds turn westerly. The rain will be frequent on some western mountains. Cloud will continue to shroud most mountains, particularly on Saturday. On Sunday showers will be of snow on highest Scottish summits. Next week, further bouts of rain and occasionally strong winds and overall colder than average.

Edit: @Mair Snaw Get yerself and the family up Ben Nevis on Sunday Night/Monday early hours...light snow, heavy snow, sleet and a thunderstorm! Something for everyone. 

AEE41083-C1EF-491D-8BB6-44959B39D3F8.thumb.jpeg.b487b51a4917fb02f990b52f24583026.jpeg

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 8

Posted

To add to the veg story we had useable neeps in the field ten days ago which was a whole month ahead of normal in this bizarre year. A fine sunset at last tonight with mist blown away late pm by a fresh wind and a temperature of 16c.Maybe a better nights sleep to come.

• Like 5

Posted

More greyness, haar and low cloud today. It finally looks like we’ll get our first proper sunshine in a week tomorrow! 

• Like 2

Posted
9 hours ago, Hawesy said:

More greyness, haar and low cloud today. It finally looks like we’ll get our first proper sunshine in a week tomorrow! 

And indeed we have sunny skies! Very exciting! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Yes a much fresher morning. with a  fresh  S wind and blue skies after some overnight rain. Great to have got rid of that stagnent air of the last week or so.

Can breathe again. Currently 15c

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Was supposed to be sunny spells today but looks like groundhog day, dull grey heavy cloud cover. Bleugh.

• Like 2

Posted

Rained all night, but this morning I've been woken by some mysterious burning ball of bright orange in the sky, I've googled it and it would appear that the end of the world is coming and this is the start.. panic.

• Like 6

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mair Snaw said:

Rained all night, but this morning I've been woken by some mysterious burning ball of bright orange in the sky, I've googled it and it would appear that the end of the world is coming and this is the start.. panic.

"The rose and glow of approaching fire mistaken, for the rising sun"

New Model Army - From Here

• Like 4

Posted

Well whatever it is can you send me some cos it's as black as the bottom of my dad's coal mine here!!!

• Like 3

Posted

@mardatha its clear blue skies here fir the first time in what feels like weeks so Im not sharing sorry.

Wind has picked up somewhat and I can sense doom and gloom for tomorrow. My wedding anniversary

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Looks like a day of everything tomorrow with lots of heavy showers rattling through with thunder possible too and looks like a spell of strong winds in the afternoon especially southern Scotland 2378865B-7A10-48E0-9E4B-B10E46EE86B1.thumb.gif.8efebcc67b21e4ab911467c9af7b2f1e.gif8C759045-5EF9-43DC-8C3B-674E1A0B6EA7.thumb.gif.49fd6fb200f83ed432e670d76da3ef3b.gif3E3F3766-6A57-47CF-8AFF-4920BA7B8EB1.thumb.png.38332980229e0968624dafa12e9de1d4.pngD0BDAB0E-0BA5-45AB-9A47-ADE32B2ADBEC.thumb.png.cc537aaa38e41e3b441c865381b837b0.png

Edited by Kirkcaldy Weather
  • Like 5

Posted

Took this photo yesterday, horseshoe vortex? It got better after this picture before being obscured by lower level cloud! 

20200819_142113.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Oh look, some blue sky, such a rarity the last few days..

image.thumb.png.64320c77e535aaae849f60451bfda737.png

Very usable day.

Dry, variable cloud and a max of 20c with occasionally brisk winds.

Thought it would be a good day to get some exterior painting done.  Didn't count on the multitude of kamikaze black flies that decided to end their days on the fresh paint. 

Edited by Quinach
  • Like 7

Posted

Textured paint Quinach.

I was thinking earlier, if you lot were a company and I'd ordered weather from youz, I'd be sending it back and complaining . This is the pits.

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy rain early door's. Sun came out for a bit but the cloud is coming back in and the wind is picking up.

Mrs snaws Birthday today and our wedding anniversary so been a busy morning here. Had hoped for a trip to the beach but not in this. And the planned steak dinner on the patio has been postponed too..

• Like 2