Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted

Another day of Aberdeenshire Permagloom™.

Warmer though with a max of 18c with light winds - enough drizzle first thing in the morning to wet surfaces.

Met Office forecast is for more of the same for the next few days

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Cloud that came in yesterday teatime never lifted today. Damp early but dry since. Light Easterly breeze with little variation in temps. Max of 16.9C.

• Like 3

Posted

Lovely day and warm by the time I left Bathgate just after 5pm, sunshine as far as Kinross then murky pretty much the rest of the way up the A90 with drizzle starting somewhere between Brechin and Laurencekirk. However, as often happens, by the time I turned off onto the A957 Slug road, it had cleared up and there were even a couple of patches of blue making an appearance by the time I got over the top of the hill and drove through Durrris. Hoping for a dry weekend to catch up outdoors and get laundry dry. Evenings are definitely drawing in now tho, noticeable change in the light levels indoors of an evening.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

I tried to get the auld yin to take me over to Peebles but nooo he couldn't be bothered. Stuck up here in the grey again.

Posted
15 hours ago, Quinach said:

Another day of Aberdeenshire Permagloom™.

Warmer though with a max of 18c with light winds - enough drizzle first thing in the morning to wet surfaces.

Met Office forecast is for more of the same for the next few days

The Fife permagloom is remarkably similar  Typical easterly dross. https://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/weather/current/EGQL.html Leuchars hourly readings capture the excitement. 

Was looking enviously at a friend’s photos from Glencoe yesterday! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Have uploaded more of my videos from Tuesdays storms, got this from one of them 980177608_lightning10.thumb.png.86c1f5cc6aac449154f6f0b860baaae2.png

1 min 18 the strike in this one must have been really close (wont post them all but there are more on my channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPC1J11-uXtGtev-gYA2jlA 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever is happening but partial to a snow drift

here in Lochaber (for a change).

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Sun finally forced its way through in Glasgow. Lovely afternoon, making the most before we seem to get an early taste of autumn this week. 

Noticed that some leaves are coming down off the trees early too, maybe related to the early summer heat then mid summer rainfall? 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Nice videos @Kirkcaldy Weather

I am currently going through all the clips that I got from the storm and editing them then putting them into a video 

The visibility was poor as I was stuck in my car. I planned to move away from the storm and get some shots with my tripod but I got stuck in the village I was in for a few hours due to the flooding  

• Like 3

Posted

A dull few days here with fog off the sea every morning to be followed by late afternoon sunshine. Very humid with grass never really dry.Not crop ripening weather. Just the dog days of summer.Highs of about 18c

Swifts went from the house a few days ago so high summer is over..Still swallows and housemartins rearing second/ third broods

An autumn sound this evening as a flock of geese came into to land on a grass field.Probably local ones and not migratory

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Surprisingly the sun broke through here this afternoon though looking further East over Dundee it still looked cloudy. Temps only got up to 17.4C but it felt milder.

• Like 4

Posted

Took longer for the cloud to break today had a decent few hours then at about 7 or so cloud came in again (seems this gonna be the trend to the wind direction changes)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

It started off pretty cloudy here this morning but by lunchtime the cloud had largely gone, leaving it almost cloudless for the rest of the day. The temp responded, getting to a high of 22.8C, and staying above 20C all afternoon (12-6pm). Can't really complain about that, pity the forecast for tomorrow is cloudy with temps in the low to mid teens. 

• Like 4

Posted

No sun here for a few days now, and a big wedge of geese flew over southwards today, making a racket. Winter on the way!

• Like 4

Posted

It’s been a lovely day here so far but clouds thickening and beginning to feel cooler at 17c - we did reach 19.7c earlier tho it felt considerably warmer in the sun. Dogs seem happier too now that the sun’s not beating down on them.

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Sanserit said:

It’s been a lovely day here so far but clouds thickening and beginning to feel cooler at 17c - we did reach 19.7c earlier tho it felt considerably warmer in the sun. Dogs seem happier too now that the sun’s not beating down on them.

And the reason it felt considerably warmer was because it was! My browser hadn't refreshed the stats properly and we actually reached 23.8c...no wonder the dogs and I were feeling the heat ??‍♀️

Glad I'm not the only one the gremlins have affected today tho...

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
21 hours ago, Northernlights said:

A dull few days here with fog off the sea every morning to be followed by late afternoon sunshine. Very humid with grass never really dry.Not crop ripening weather. Just the dog days of summer.Highs of about 18c

Swifts went from the house a few days ago so high summer is over..Still swallows and housemartins rearing second/ third broods

An autumn sound this evening as a flock of geese came into to land on a grass field.Probably local ones and not migratory

I love this dog days of summer idea. I post about it pretty much every year. To me it's when we get this pleasant spell of weather at the end of August into the start of September, when the evenings are noticeably shorter and the sun is lower but you can still get a bit of warmth. It's like summers last lingering message to us. Summer but not summer. That it's almost over kind of feeling. There's a tinge of sadness but yet some joy in the remaining warmth, as well as anticipation of what the autumn will bring. I love sunny autumn days, I hope we get plenty of those.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

A forecast high for today of 16C was well out. It was above 18C for the whole afternoon with a high of 20.8C around 3pm. Early cloud disappeared to leave very little cloud through the afternoon, which with light winds felt very pleasant. 

Ran through all 7 beehives this afternoon (started with 4 in spring, but in 2 of those something happened to the queens early on) and all now have queens, 6 of which are laying, the other is a recent swarm so she's not laying yet but we did see her. All hives still bringing in nectar and storing it so we should get more honey off them in a week or two, hopefully with at least an element of heather. 

• Like 7

Posted
27 minutes ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

I love this dog days of summer idea. I post about it pretty much every year. To me it's when we get this pleasant spell of weather at the end of August into the start of September, when the evenings are noticeably shorter and the sun is lower but you can still get a bit of warmth. It's like summers last lingering message to us. Summer but not summer. That it's almost over kind of feeling. There's a tinge of sadness but yet some joy in the remaining warmth, as well as anticipation of what the autumn will bring. I love sunny autumn days, I hope we get plenty of those.

Good way to put it. Noticed the light has changed , bit hazy and sun lower, about now , changes from summer to end of summer. I am looking forward to fresher air in Glasgow.

• Like 4

Posted

After a very nice week we had a mainly cloudy day. Was getting quite fond of the cloudy starts and sunny endings. 

I was inside anyway watching the Moto GP so wasn’t missing any sun on the decking. Watched a horrendous crash in the Moto 2 race. Rider hurt but is ok. Thought that was the worst one I had ever seen but no. Within an hour one in the main race was worse. Both riders involved eventually walked away so are lucky. It is what happens to their bikes after the crash that is nuts. Thankfully they are ok but it was so close to being so much worse. 

I’ve been a motorbike rider for quite a few years and I know others on the forum are as well. Riding a motorbike is dangerous I know but these guys take it to the limits and beyond. I also cycle a lot and that is more dangerous than the motorbike. 

https://www.espn.co.uk/motogp/story/_/id/29673232/morbidelli-zarco-involved-huge-crash-austrian-gp

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Raining ? ☔  and the wind is back again. Looking at the next 2 weeks I dont see anything for folk in the North East to get excited about. Unless mid teens for temperature and showers is your thing.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

I see the MO have got the warning out early this time no surprises after the chaos last week, Tuesdays the new storm day ? “Heavy showers are expected to develop on Tuesday afternoon. Whilst most places will miss the worst, some showers could be slow moving and there is a chance of that 20-25 mm of rain might fall in an hour with perhaps 50 mm in 3 hours. The showers will ease during Tuesday evening.”

Kirkcaldy included in the warning area this time too  D01F2FFC-BE91-4646-B716-1823EFC32DE7.thumb.jpeg.c5ca0035d2e98bedff16e83a6a65acfc.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Well the sun did come out this afternoon for about 2 hours. Then the mist and murk came back. And now we have drizzle. 

Edited by Mair Snaw
  • Like 2

Posted

Absolutely torrential bloody rain all bloody day. And now mist. 

Edited by mardatha
  • Like 1