Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
49 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Great to see our thread busy again I’m expecting to hear thunder to my south quite soon..

There’s the first rumble 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
57 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Nondescript sums it up here. Grey, cloudy and misty for much of the day, temperature around 16c or 17c with a high dew point. 

Same here. Mostly cloudy with some hazy sun at times but bone dry. Storms to our West and South East but nada here. Early forecasts showed rain overnight then supposed to be this morning and even at lunchtime it said heavy rain in the afternoon. Now forecast for 8pm, mmm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Baltic

Hi everyone, hope you're all well! Love a bit voltage, hopefully tonight doesn't disappoint. One rumble in the distance so far.......

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

This radar picture is showing intense rain over in Edinburgh, as it passes over to this side it just needs to come a wee bit more to the west then bullseye...I can hear distant rumblings.

Annotation 2020-08-11 193832.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

As an experiment I pointed my thermometer at the cloud base 14.8deg/C so there is plenty heat up there to spark off a few bolts of lightning.

When I was outside it was sounding quite rumbly around the Glenrothes / Kirkcaldy area...and looking quite dark.

• Like 2

Posted

OMG massive storm here I have NEVER EVER heard thunder like it and the rainfall possibly even heavier than last years storms

• Like 7

Posted
4 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

OMG massive storm here I have NEVER EVER heard thunder like it and the rainfall possibly even heavier than last years storms

Incredible that your only a few miles away....and there is nothing here, bone dry.

Enjoy...

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, Klippie said:

Incredible that your only a few miles away....and there is nothing here, bone dry.

Enjoy...

Lightning strike directly over Kelty a few minutes ago, must have heard a good rumble from that one? watch it live on lightning maps.org.   @Mr Frost top holiday destination for lightning enthusiasts - Beumont Texas 

• Like 2

Posted

There's plenty of dark cloud around but any showers seemingly weakkening as they try to cross over us..............for the moment

• Like 1

Posted

What an incredible storm amazing!

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

What an incredible storm amazing!

Jumping in the car now, heading your way....

• Like 3

Posted
7 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

Hope you are recording it! 

Yeah honestly never heard thunder like it and looks like more to come, under the whites and purples on radar I have heard lots of sirens so I think fire engines pumping flood water out  like last year 

• Like 2

Posted

Calmed down a bit now but foggy and very humid Currently 17c.Neeps and grass will have loved the drink and spring barley will have ripened up a bit.

• Like 3

Posted
14 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Yeah honestly never heard thunder like it and looks like more to come, under the whites and purples on radar I have heard lots of sirens so I think fire engines pumping flood water out  like last year 

Not surprised, it doesn't look like its far off of 2 hours of torrential rain now and there's another cell forming just across the forth! 

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ross B said:

Not surprised, it doesn't look like its far off of 2 hours of torrential rain now and there's another cell forming just across the forth! 

It's crazy, I'm trying to get something to eat as well timings 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer!

I've just driven back from Culross to windygates , roads flooding quick and more to come according to the radar. Might be a busy night for me! Still nutters passing me at 80+ on the A92.. kinghorn flooded, Glenrothes flooded, Leslie flooded...

Edited by tiff
  • Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, ghoneym said:

Lightning strike directly over Kelty a few minutes ago, must have heard a good rumble from that one? watch it live on lightning maps.org.   @Mr Frost top holiday destination for lightning enthusiasts - Beumont Texas 

Its still dry with just distant rumbles.

Now that its gone dark fingers crossed for a good light show.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

FOG..... abc... abc.. a swear filter for letters.

Edited by Mair Snaw
  • Like 1

Posted

Snag_650c2.thumb.png.b38c56b315040ae3a11edd378472be8e.png

The view for the afternoon and most of the evening - remove the white blob for the view in the morning 

Humidity the story of the day (so far...). 

Incredibly sticky and even though the max temperature was a very respectable 22c, washing that was put out has barely dried after 6 hours.

Winds light throughout.

Could do with a good thunderstorm to clear the air, may lift the mood of the kids as well (they do like their thunderstorms - training them well!) as they're not looking forward to going back to school tomorrow.

Nothing to do with the virus, just the thought of doing work after 5 months!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Well the rain did appear here at 8pm on the dot. Heavyish fir a while and on and off since. Thunder rumbling away constantly in the distance but nothing too close yet. Anyone else looking at the radar notice that though the storms hitting Fife can be tracked moving North across the Forth the one that hit Highland Perthshire recently came completely out of nowhere.

• Like 2

Posted

I’m telling u my theory that the Firth of Forth intensifies these storms it has to be this is just plain mental 

• Like 3