Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted
12 hours ago, chemikal said:

Playlist for rain & storms. Apologies if you don't use Spotify!

spotify:playlist:3K4qaAk4bxO78FNeEshqZa

Marie likes the challenge of being thrown a subject and forming a playlist. The most random one was 'Animal Husbandry'. It was delivered.

Thanks for sharing that playlist, some decent tracks on there. Fell asleep listening to it last night and will continue listening today.

Woke this morning to blue skies when I let the dogs out at 8am though it had obviously stopped raining not long before.  Fairly decent temperature on my window thermometer showing 19c but it's clouded over again and getting duller by the minute and according to the radar, a shower of rain is on the way. Glad I got the grass cut last night!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Oh I nearly forgot... pinch punch first day of the month. No returns back.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

The models are looking even more promising this morning for a dry, warmer and brighter period from around Wednesday onwards 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Not rained here, although it's been dull for most of the day. Got the washing dried anyway.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Well it was only one BigSnow.

Story of my life really.

Edited by mardatha
  • Like 6

Posted

@Northernlights I don't think any of my clients will have been out making hay today on Deeside, though yesterday's heat will have helped the spring barley get closer to being ready for spraying off.  It's been raining on and off all day and I don't think the forecast is much better for tomorrow.

I think seeing the crops growing is one of the few things I've really missed with not doing a daily commute since the end of March. However I have loved hearing the mowers/choppers going as farmers near by have been out taking a second cut of silage over the last couple of weeks.

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Sanserit said:

@Northernlights I don't think any of my clients will have been out making hay today on Deeside, though yesterday's heat will have helped the spring barley get closer to being ready for spraying off.  It's been raining on and off all day and I don't think the forecast is much better for tomorrow.

I think seeing the crops growing is one of the few things I've really missed with not doing a daily commute since the end of March. However I have loved hearing the mowers/choppers going as farmers near by have been out taking a second cut of silage over the last couple of weeks.

Don"t spray off barley for moral and physical reasons as being on the top of the hill we get any wind thats going(Great for making hay) and a strong wind at the point of harvest can be disastrous in  spring barley in our situation especially if you have  passed the ten days after spraying off. So far today the forecast here for tomorrow is for no rain so barley will continue ripening. Heard from agronomist yesterday that his first crops have been sprayed off in lower Morayshire and that some crops in Easter Ross are too.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

What a rubbish day its been. 1 rumble of thunder ⛈  and then just rain followed by more rain and more rain.

• Like 2

Posted

Showery am followed by a bright afternoon with sunny intervels. Very cool autumnal sunset this evening at 12c .

Leaves turning fast on the trees really very early and fields rapidly going from green to yellow/gold so adding to the autumn look of the countryside.

Suspect its the huge sunshine totals of April/May and drought that have led to the leaves changing colour so early.Even the bracken is going yellow in places.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 3

Posted

Weather stuck in a rut.

Another overcast day with a few light showers, light winds and a max of 15c.

Keeping an eye on next weekend, looking promising for some warmth.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Morning all

Another taste of Autumn tomorrow - especially in the West. (Probably twenty four hours at least of continuous rainfall in my area )

6FDC0EC8-7BD0-493E-8B7E-B11ED40A095B.thumb.png.4675c973c7a77401a5ab3d66032becf5.pngBDBA6C39-C474-40A5-A6BC-9C4A8E2DD0A0.thumb.png.9f5d46bfba6073ad20649eb2a8d59eee.png8AEB4114-0F3E-4647-81CD-7856FAD0825D.thumb.png.a38f860eb0be2a505c6c227f214fdb5a.png

Windy as well - coastal gales!

31D41ACC-4B18-45F3-8BFA-DB28E9FF0CCA.thumb.png.6ece3370a7e3ef07db270835178a9be5.png

Lovely second half of the week (Thursday to Sunday) for many of us with temperatures in the low to mid twenties. 

This sums up July for me...

7D93A192-7EAB-410B-B3FB-689A04D4713F.thumb.png.f7cd1ddae1aa8d6592463d5ef9c22d00.png2819E710-9370-4953-A94E-B01EAE2049BF.thumb.png.7afaab5636fa717f6b9712100b1c5e48.png8356B26E-BDD1-4406-B136-79E7D4FFD248.thumb.png.a9ca2f523c0157a42d32ceb7e9a336c5.png

B018A757-5EAE-4214-9AD0-B75B99932524.thumb.gif.7d9a783e489520bc3bc81b846f53348e.gif

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow
1 hour ago, Mr Frost said:

Another taste of Autumn tomorrow - especially in the West. (Probably twenty four hours at least of continuous rainfall in my area )

Yes it’s been very poor recently but it’s looking much better as we head towards Thursday and into the weekend. Temperatures around 19c-22c Is perfect. They can keep the 30c+ down south as that’s just far too hot and uncomfortable

• Like 4

Posted
5 hours ago, Mr Frost said:

B018A757-5EAE-4214-9AD0-B75B99932524.thumb.gif.7d9a783e489520bc3bc81b846f53348e.gif

A proper negative temperature anomaly for July. You don't get many months like that these days! Thanks for posting Mr Frost.

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, shuggee said:

A proper negative temperature anomaly for July. You don't get many months like that these days! Thanks for posting Mr Frost.

Got as far north as Dingwall today after four months at home to pick up supplies for farm .The above will be the reason we could still see lots of patches of snow on the hills to the west and also still a couple visible from this side of the Firth on Ben Wyvis. Should be a  good season for snow patch survival to lasting snows.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
2 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Got as far north as Dingwall today after four months at home to pick up supplies for farm .The above will be the reason we could still see lots of patches of snow on the hills to the west and also still a couple visible from this side of the Firth on Ben Wyvis. Should be a  good season for snow patch survival to lasting snows.

At least one patch of snow still surviving on the hills to the North of Loch Affric. Didn't notice any further west where I've seen them in previous years, but I wasn't really looking. 

A kind of drizzly, midge infested start to the day in Glen Affric turned into something much brighter by the afternoon. Still not warm as such, but warm enough to be down to two thin layers walking the dog this afternoon. 

Heading back home to Aberdeenshire tomorrow and given the forecast we'll pack as much as possible tonight to avoid getting too wet in the morning. 

• Like 4

Posted

Forecast been far too correct today. A complete drenching. No sign of it easing off to later either

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Steady rain. 13C.

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Steady rain. 13C.

Exactly the same here with a fresh southerly wind making it feel very autumnal. Some really wide swings in tempearature this past week. Feeding cows this morning as grass growth sporadic.See Norway is having its coldest summer for 60 years.

• Like 4