Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Heavy rain early doors but bright intervals since. Felt warm with a max of 19.8C. My daughter walked up from Arbroath to Auchmithie in the afternoon and said that it felt warmer further East. 

33491B9C-C083-4460-928B-2E7F737E10A5.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted

Thank you for the welcome everyone 

Torrential rain clearing to something slightly lighter now, I'd imagine the roads are flooded if the car park outside my house is anything to go by! Rumble of thunder heard in the distance, and it's still feeling very sticky however it hasn't stopped some teenagers having a party in the next street 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Similar to others, very heavy rain here during the early part of the day, only thing missing was thunder got 15.5mm in total today and top temp of 22.3C ?️

Edited by Kirkcaldy Weather
  • Like 1

Posted

A few heavy showers today but no thunder However another good sunset tonight across the Firth. 006.thumb.JPG.78067d0d8b2b5411378c79b4b5a218ac.JPG

My half price rose a couple of years ago has come into its own this year.001.thumb.JPG.71a73c826460a30d4d65e541e491932b.JPG Had to be Massey Ferguson red!!

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

A rather changeable day overall. 6.1mm of rain, half of which probably came in one downpour early afternoon, after which we managed a dry walk with the dog. 

A fantastic sunset, which as normal the camera just didn't do justice to. 

IMG_20200725_214139.thumb.jpg.6d1dd6c171ce010f1d88109eef468661.jpg

• Like 8

Posted

Not a bad day in Inverness, car thermometer reading 19c and just one sharp shower but alas sunshine at a premium.

Quite a lot of tourists about as well.

Drive back on the A96 entertaining as ever (what is it with the boy racers that seem to inhabit the stretch from Fochabers to Huntly every Saturday evening).

From Insch onwards you could see there had been some torrential rain earlier with debris and soil on the road due to field runoff (Fubar News on Facebook has some good photos of flooding etc around Inverurie in the afternoon).

Highlight of the day though was the sunset noted above.  One of the most bizarre I have seen in a long time.

Looking west it's all very conventional....

west.thumb.jpg.f0e093eb7556e4737b24b5dde3021ec1.jpg

But over towards the east, it looked like someone has set the sky on fire, quite stunning...

East.thumb.jpg.b442bdec9438233bd0fc6759a067834a.jpgESE.thumb.jpg.4856dcbeda20ea176842b3593c335070.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Heavy rain rolling through here now when it clears through the rest of the day should be reasonable................before tomorrow

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Wet start. Nice middle bit and now back to wet again. Have not even looked at the next week yet..

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Well for once we did ok here. Only had one shower all day! ...................... so far 

Edited by mardatha
  • Like 4

Posted

Well there has at least been one good memory created in summer 2020 .A cherry tree I bought about six years ago has finally fruited to excess after years of almost nothing..Another 3 kg today.  003.thumb.JPG.0dfd757ee51f5324a1caeed865242d40.JPG    Netting for the birds has helped but all the sunshine in the spring has not been a hindrance..... A few showers earlier in the morning but sunny this afternoon and 20c

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Once the sun came out and the strong breeze died a bit it felt quite warm here with a max of 18.8C. Unfortunately not looking good now for tomorrow so I think my first hill walking trip of the year is going to be a no no 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Was out in the park near here earlier. Nice sunny day but the breeze and temperature, couple with a somewhat subdued atmosphere in the park compared to recently for some reason gave it the feel of early September rather than late July. Only difference being the sun is still relatively high in the sky. 

September is actually a month that I like - late August and early September are the dog days as I call them. There's a particular feel to them that I can't quite put my finger on, but I like to have some decent summer first. 

• Like 5

Posted

It’s been a lovely day in Banchory today, especially once the wind died down. High of 21c and lovely view of the moon rising late afternoon. After yesterday’s torrential downpours, I was surprised that the paths through the woods where I walk my dogs were surprisingly dry.

80F454ED-685A-4E8A-BD84-22CC4D4E090B.jpeg

9E00E82E-CB10-4ECE-82AC-FAA910756328.jpeg

• Like 9

Posted

Nothing much to complain about here. Not exactly what I'd hope for from July but 18C and sunny for a large part of the day is better than most of the month. Dry too, but tomorrow is looking like a wash out from mid day onwards if the forecast is right. 

• Like 8

Posted

Snag_2365061.thumb.png.faccb35f329b4eab65645720e5427672.png

Pretty much summarizes the day, mainly sunny with a few clouds (bar one sharp shower at lunchtime).

Max of 18c with a fresh breeze.

Overall though, a poor July weatherwise - first homegrown blackberries were eaten today though, so they are ripening about the normal time.

• Like 6

Posted

A slightly damp day with over 30mm of rain so far.... The heavy rain is just moving away now though

• Like 1

Posted

Should stop raining in a but but truly awful day just to go along with the theme for the month really

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Wet, wet, wet here in Falkirk. Have had a pretty good summer though. Munros bagged so far 3 for me and the kids 4 for Mr Snowidea, boat trip to see the Corryvrekan (just awesome) and hoping to do the chain walk at Elie some time this week.

The last two hills were up at Drumochter, quite an easy climb but depressing to see the state of the hills, landrover tracks all over, bare heather, not even any braken and great big scars visible. 

DSC_1685.JPG

FB_IMG_1595859356208.jpg

FB_IMG_1595859372053.jpg

FB_IMG_1595666114592.jpg

DSC_1735.JPG

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Still raining and tomorrow looks just as bad but with strong winds added in. Might light the stove at this rate.

• Like 3

Posted
6 hours ago, bigsnow said:

Horrible morning. That is all...

... That is not all... Horrible afternoon too. 

Forecast was way out. It was supposed to stay dry until around mid day but the rain was already on by the time I woke up around 8am. Has got heavier as the day has progressed (14mm current total) , reminding me that next time I take the pup out for a walk in the rain I need to get the full waterproofs on and dig out the waterproof shoes. Squelchy feet, sodden trousers and damp undies is no fun. 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

O for goddsake. I won't even bother getting up then!!    *deep huff*

• Like 7