Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted

I have to say for most of the year I’m happy with  the Scottish climate but for me summer is the exception. These cool, cloudy summer days really get to me after a while. I’m yearning for sunshine and warmth! It’s the curse of the maritime climate. Doesn’t help that even by our standards June was poor here and July has followed suit so far. I spotted that Aviemore has had just 9.7 hours of sun so far this month! 

Right, moan over, fingers crossed for something more summery soon!

• Like 6

Posted

All in all before the rain came in wasn't that bad a day but under the rain (which ain't heavy) really has got chilly very unjuly like weather brrrrrrr

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Went over to St Andrews for a stroll and an ice cream this afternoon. Felt quite pleasant for a while when the sun came out but soon got chilly in the breeze when the clouds returned. Realised that this was the furthestI have been from the house since lockdown began. 
Back home the max for the day was 14.7C sonot quite sunbathing weather.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Temps got up to 19.6C in the sunshine but have dropped to 15C in the last half hour as the cloud came in. Very dark with a gusty wind now. Interestingly the clouds to my West were moving SW to NE while those to the East were moving N to S. First spots of rain just starting.

E9686E7D-9FC7-4F7C-A5D3-F38A2814B16E.jpeg

77CB964A-E96F-44D4-B4F8-DFB000AFFCE0.png

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Showers looming to the west 16.3 C IMG_20200709_161455.thumb.jpg.ee1bfcc75c7de685652e316c48bac676.jpgIMG_20200709_161439.thumb.jpg.ed72ed9a83c167b723ff4ee9c6adb98b.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

Had one or 2 showers here but looks like again as they've trundled east they've blossomed (as they do)

• Like 5

Posted

First decent day for a while here. Up to 18.0C mid afternoon with sunny spells - washing got nicely dry. Then poured down and13.0C behind the rain - humidity gone. Not bad at all.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Much the same here, dropped from 20 to 14 and still pouring down.

• Like 4

Posted

I'm planning a bbq with a shoulder of pork to cook for four hours over coals on Sunday @mardatha so it WILL be 19°C and lovely. I have decided. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Well, summer returned for about 30mins in the morning with some blue sky, light winds and temperature rocketing to the heady heights of 15c.

Then the cool, showery dross reappeared and has still to leave...

Grass now very squelchy underfoot for the first time since the winter.

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, shuggee said:

I'm planning a bbq with a shoulder of pork to cook for four hours over coals on Sunday @mardatha so it WILL be 19°C and lovely. I have decided. 

If it works out, then could you have one 6 days every week? Have a day off so the garden can get some rain. Cheers!

• Like 3

Posted

Appears that a big drop in temp this afternoon was prevalent in the East today. We went from 19.6C here at lunchtime to 12.6C at teatime.

• Like 4

Posted

Got woken up by Torriental rain at 3 o’clock this morning. Only the Met Office had predicted heavy rain 3 and 4am and it was spot on (others said dry). Heaviest rain I’ve had here this summer. Looking at the radar it gained intensity heading south over the Campsies and over Glasgow and Lanarkshire. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

A lovely morning here again today, but can it stay that way?

It's started like this most days this week before heading rapidly downhill towards clouds and showers, one of which yesterday afternoon was pretty torrential. At least I'm not having to water the garden, but I could do with it drying off a bit as the grass desperately needs cut again. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Last day in Glencoe today, has been a fab little trip. Loads of walks and kids bagged their 7th Munro Buachaille Etive Beag Stob Dubh (they did Stob Coire Raineach a few years ago). I'm still sore today. Weather's been mixed and hardly seen a midge. 

DSC_1643.JPG

DSC_1639.JPG

DSC_1589.JPG

DSC_1610.JPG

• Like 9

Posted

Cool fresh start to the day after overnight showers,Currently 15c Still some fair patches of snow on  Ben Wyvis.004.thumb.JPG.3f60eb644bc2fecc30b3e082f065e7f1.JPG As much as I have seen approaching mid July in a number of years. If they are still there in  August  they may make it to lasting snow in the late autumn.

• Like 8

Posted

After some heavy showers this afternoon with sleet on the high tops it has become a cool almost wintry sunset arounf the Firth.

A couple of photos one to the south east 006.thumb.JPG.ee2a8c7a6f943bb2b64ed9fdb9a489ef.JPGand one to the north 007.thumb.JPG.fb8619ff962144793fc856ea125c4fb4.JPGacross the Firth. Currently 10.5c

• Like 8

Posted

Best weather of the week, though that wouldn't be difficult!

Max of 15.2c and still quite a few showers but the difference today is that there were some decent spells of sunshine as well.

Combined with light winds, in the sunny spells feeling very pleasant.

Some lovely cloudscapes as well.

Snag_12e2b58.thumb.png.2f53f807f3e0a838a76cd8272fd2ff52.png

Snag_12e5c6b.thumb.png.025c528a86988c4f5a2aeed364b27ba0.png

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Would be nice to get a little bit of warmth back. It’s hardly freezing but still pretty cool for mid summer. Been like this for some time now.

• Like 5

Posted

Wee bit of sun today but mostly cloudy. Looks like it might eventually cheer up next week...............

• Like 4

Posted

Very useable day - no rain!

Not that much sunshine but appreciably warmer with a max of 18.2c and light winds throughout.

Lovely sunset again, though alas you can tell now that the nights are starting to lengthen.

Snag_2583179.thumb.png.a1185d49734e45198bc28cec1221d82d.png

• Like 6

Posted

What a lovely day. 18.8°C sunny periods. BBQ a success. Knackered and caught the sunshine

• Like 6

Posted

We had mostly cloud but some sun. And a cool wind.

• Like 5