Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie
8 minutes ago, Ross B said:

Large hail reported from the storms over the western Isles! 

10620059_715298435220614_892409757531921
M.FACEBOOK.COM

Convective Weather. 7,907 likes · 620 talking about this. Providing detailed thunderstorm forecasts for the British Isles for the next 5...

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Good lord the weather's gone mad!!

Edited by thunderpants
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Guy half a mile up the road has a weather station that recorded a high of 25.4C, and I can believe it. Phew, down to nearer 20C now but still feels too warm in the house. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy
3 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Guy half a mile up the road has a weather station that recorded a high of 25.4C, and I can believe it. Phew, down to nearer 20C now but still feels too warm in the house. 

10 foot west facing bedroom windows aren't fun in the summer  had the sun on them since 3pm and currently feel like radiators.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Well, we might not be going to France this year, but currently feels like France has come to us. Flipping hot  

• Like 3

Posted

Those are some big hail cores up in the NW and toward @mistyqueen also a possible hook over on stornoway 597A3425-7AEB-4CB8-B4F4-B7D27A63CA7A.thumb.jpeg.e7278c9eeede477a0678db517e400c3b.jpeg3B6F7443-DF9E-4015-BE19-E9FA1A839AAA.thumb.jpeg.6442dff900791b7df0942a3ed9a182f3.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
8 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Those are some big hail cores up in the NW and toward @mistyqueen also a possible hook over on stornoway 597A3425-7AEB-4CB8-B4F4-B7D27A63CA7A.thumb.jpeg.e7278c9eeede477a0678db517e400c3b.jpeg3B6F7443-DF9E-4015-BE19-E9FA1A839AAA.thumb.jpeg.6442dff900791b7df0942a3ed9a182f3.jpeg

It’s actually getting ridiculous! 

8E07BE6B-9C87-4407-BF73-0A50770BBE8B.thumb.png.962e8056faed89262caf73e0c2cde344.png9CF3E5D9-052C-43A5-9B4A-CB81E1062B66.thumb.png.83e8445d34cc32846e611adbd73b3c36.png

Ah to be up there just now....

@Craig Cameron someday it has been! 

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

It's getting very rumbly oot there! Had a couple of lightning strikes a wee while ago. Thankfully we haven't had the roasting hot weather today that some of you have had. It's very humid now, but it'll be so much more comfortable after the storm. Love the thunder and lightning! ⚡⚡

• Like 6

Posted

I'm hoping that cell creeping up the irish sea continues into the SW of Scotland. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Getting livelier by the minute! Time to switch off the lights and let Mother Nature give us a light show! ⚡

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in the summer

It's been very noisy up here today, impressive colours on the rainfall radars but very little falling at the moment on the Westside of Lewis. Just big old rumbling storms.

• Like 7

Posted
8 minutes ago, rossco89 said:

I'm hoping that cell creeping up the irish sea continues into the SW of Scotland. 

Yep I'm keeping an eye on that too, fits in with the timings of something arriving in the early hours. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in the summer
22 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Never seen storms that intense over the Western Aisles !

2B277BC1-4370-4B76-B1AF-6509F69A1BC5.thumb.png.0155578b58139ce2472a47aa37702c13.png

We do get them, usually its in the winter though.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
44 minutes ago, Ross B said:

Yep I'm keeping an eye on that too, fits in with the timings of something arriving in the early hours. 

CDE567E5-C6EF-4035-A80B-11488B139747.thumb.png.aae468272f9eebb13483b97b27232ff4.png

SW Scotland incoming...

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Very rare storm for the Outer Hebrides but not unique.  Was up there in 2014 or 15 when there was a tornado and flooding from a storm in Stornoway though that maybe was due to them first allowing Sunday ferry  sailings that week.
Over here today a degree cooler than yesterday with a fresh Easterly breeze though still very pleasant with a top temp of 22.1C. Most storms forecast to be further West than here again tomorrow but I wouldn't rule one out completely for us later in the day.

• Like 4

Posted

risk map for tomorrow image.thumb.png.880ad4e060845a170908531190eb4944.png yellow zone is for overnight tonight and through first part of tomorrow could be prolific lightning producers similar to today's storms in the north west and western isles wouldn't rule out chance of rotation but that leads me onto the orange zone which looks like the front moving in will engage with massive amounts of MUCAPE and SBCAPE I think there are a few possibilities, line of discrete storms which again could be in the supercell category and I wouldn't rule out tornadic activity  or if it all joins together possible a very intense squall line or LEWP with again risk of embedded rotation. Hopefully many of us get some nice storms ?️ 

• Like 4

Posted
6 minutes ago, Norrance said:
Over here today a degree cooler than yesterday with a fresh Easterly breeze though still very pleasant with a top temp of 22.1C. Most storms forecast to be further West than here again tomorrow but I wouldn't rule one out completely for us later in the day.

When I drove over to St Andrews late this afternoon I could see the haar rolling into the Tay estuary. Clearly didn’t make it as far as you though! 
As expected around 6c cooler here this afternoon with the onshore breeze keeping temperatures around 17c under mostly sunny skies.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
14 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

When I drove over to St Andrews late this afternoon I could see the haar rolling into the Tay estuary. Clearly didn’t make it as far as you though! 
As expected around 6c cooler here this afternoon with the onshore breeze keeping temperatures around 17c under mostly sunny skies.

Yes. Out for a walk earlier this evening and could see it creeping up the river and patches over towards the East of the city. Can still see a lot of cloud to my Southeast now and patchy bits blowing through here. A bit warmer than expected for me here today but with a refreshing breeze.

• Like 2

Posted

Lightning visible in the distance to the south/west from Cambuslang. Clouds lighting up orange/white. Can't hear any thunder.? from that cell over s/w scotland.

• Like 2

Posted

Roasty Toasty.

Max of 26.2c under clear blue skies (albeit sunshine a bit hazy at times).  Bit breezy in the afternoon but it just made things even more pleasant.

Dead calm now outside.

Only downside is the hayfever has been brutal the last couple of days.  Kids still find it hilarious that Vaseline up and around the nose helps a lot.

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, colrobs said:

Lightning visible in the distance to the south/west from Cambuslang. Clouds lighting up orange/white. Can't hear any thunder.? from that cell over s/w scotland.

A little storm has just popped up to the west of Arran. Possibly that.

• Like 2

Posted
13 minutes ago, JamesM said:

A little storm has just popped up to the west of Arran. Possibly that.

Not sure, it was more south than west, Unfortunately I can't get a decent view downstairs and as someones gone to bed can't look out the bedroom window upstairs. I found the little cell on the radar just west of Arran. Where did that come from ?

• Like 1