Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted

Dull here too today .Hopefully the rain will arrive soon as surface of ground is just talcum powder. Still not too late for rain to help crops recover but I just hope it remembers to stop .Currently 15c.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

@CatchMyDrift great pic looking at the 00z runs of the wrf nmm and the euro 4 and a big downgrade unfortunately not too sure why but CAPE values don’t look great and best looking cell still looks like near my original Stonehaven-Montrose area. I probably should have thought about it being from the north as it really isn’t a common direction for storms at least not here I can only really think of one that came from the NW probably about 4 years ago but apart from that guess we will just have to see what develops on radar but if it is a bust I will hold my hands up

• Like 3

Posted

Looked as if cloud was set in for the day here but if anything trying to clear again. Breeze is more noticeable today however (and thankfully more refreshing) yesterday was so humid (I thought so anyway)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Cell developed to the west / north west of Montrose E1723648-0744-4AE0-865B-39A2FED84F1D.thumb.jpeg.913a7efa774e947328f03e5f2eb742ad.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

Almost all of scotland swamped with rain now although don't look particulairy heavy

• Like 3

Posted

Very different day.  Overcast, light winds and currently 14.4c.

Radar alleges that we have been under persistent rain for the last hour.  In reality, a few spots of rain on the ground and that's it.

Was hoping for a bit more rain that this, looks like I will need to break out the sprinkler after all if things don't improve soon.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Been cloudy this afternoon but so far just a couple of spits and spots of rain with no heavy showers hitting us. Temps have fallen from 20.3C at lunchtime to17C now but it still feels very muggy.

• Like 3

Posted

Steady  light rain herewhich is just as well as heavy rain would just run off the surface.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero
29 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Been cloudy this afternoon but so far just a couple of spits and spots of rain with no heavy showers hitting us. Temps have fallen from 20.3C at lunchtime to17C now but it still feels very muggy.

You can almost see it happening in real time. We've fallen from 19.5 to 15.9C in just 40 mins!

• Like 7

Posted

That'll be the end of the dry spell then. It's tipping it down

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Bone dry here all day (so far) and a high of 20C.

Rain to my NW should reach me late evening/night - hour or two of quite heavy rain expected.

DB703069-A05A-45AE-AEEF-A365FCC32D92.thumb.png.4a3613c216fbbf4a9c6dee339d59bb99.png

How about this for a boring/mundane weather outlook though? Wake me up in a week please! 

2B0D4135-5C87-48B3-BE30-5C510ABF6D9B.thumb.png.2fd5f74202591a517abd122f91c147b9.png

All the best everyone - hopefully a return to Summer warmth by mid month at least. (Even that is pushing it though on current models/outlook)

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and Thunderstorms

Still dry but not sure if sky's looking stormy here in Motherwell! 

20200602_180711.jpg

20200602_180721.jpg

20200602_181008.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
1 hour ago, Benvironment said:

You can almost see it happening in real time. We've fallen from 19.5 to 15.9C in just 40 mins!

Yes rain on here now and temp dropped to 14C.

• Like 4

Posted
2 hours ago, Norrance said:

Yes rain on here now and temp dropped to 14C.

And the downward trend continues, 11c here now. There’s been a little rainfall here but it’s been light. Still any rainfall is significant after a very dry spring.

• Like 4

Posted

Pretty intense cell just formed to my south west, can see it out of the window but no thunder or lightning. Looks like we're in for a bit of heavy rain either way! 

• Like 4

Posted

22.2°C lunchtime, slowly dropping until the big 8°C drop in 40 minutes as the downpour passed over. Feels lovely now at 12.6°C!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Wow monsoon on the south side here. Cloud seems to be moving NW-SE

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Rain was very heavy here just after 20:00 until 22:00! (In the clear now)

I am sure it was/will be the same for many others!

EB731FBB-55C0-4D4F-857C-43D60B02A56B.thumb.png.a52c80d3f1ce45327ece0aabb83129ef.png

Wee bit of fun I just seen on Sean Batty’s Twitter - you don’t need to have/register for a Twitter account to take part.

Just a case of clicking on the above and filling out the wee electronic form - short and sweet. (Click on the blue forms link within the tweet)

If there is anyone that stands a chance getting close on all three questions...it is the finest group of weather enthusiasts throughout Scotland. 

I just submitted my answers - Lerwick was the tricky one! 

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 5

Posted

Rain stopped and much fresher at 7c.Puddles lined in yellow with pollen.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 6

Posted

Obviously Much cooler today. Did start sunny but clouded over. Not sure if just be a day of cloud or maybe a odd shower but nothing compared to last week or so and yesterday that's for sure

• Like 3

Posted

Chilly start to the day at 8c wth -1c on the top of Cairngorm so snow possible up there.Rain has freshened everything up but it  is  currently dull, dry and  12c

• Like 4

Posted

14.5C max here today with just a few brief bright intervals. Pretty much dry though but with a fresh NE breeze.

If our hols had gone ahead this year we would be leaving Washington today after three nights and heading to Baltimore via Gettysburg. That might have been an experience with our hotel having been between the Whitehouse and Washington railway station. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Rather damp and cool here, I'd expect @Quinachwon't be needing to get the sprinkler out quite yet. Dried up a bit later in the afternoon for an hour or two. Long enough for me to do some digging that proved the despite the rain its only the top inch or so of the soil that's holding any real water, below that it's bone dry. 

The forecast for Friday into Saturday might fix that. 

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 3

Posted

Strange how quickly the warm weather fades from memory.

Max of 10.2c today under grey skies (bar a few glimpses of sunshine in the late afternoon).

Occasional fleeting light showers of rain in the morning but dry thereafter.

Winds light to fresh from the North/Northwest.

Birds reacting to the weather with the feeders mobbed all day by a right old assortment including fledgling starlings and Siskins (not seen them for many months).

• Like 2