Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted

Lovely sunny start to the day with calm conditions.

Once again cloud appearing by lunchtime leading to a mainly overcast afternoon and evening with winds turning quite fresh - pulse of heavy rain passing through as I type.

Very respectable max temperature of 20c.

In morning, kids were convinced there was a dead blackbird in the garden.

Turned out it was enjoying the sunshine and literally doing some sunbathing - link

Can honestly say have never seen that before.

Snag_2fa11d8.thumb.png.b54cd3e0ae1a47de51497e24b498cc25.png

• Like 9

Posted

Dull overcast start to the day with a nice shower overnight but just laid the dust. Currently 12c

• Like 4

Posted

Did start cloudy as was predicted but cloud is clearing. Going to be a very warm few days indeed

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

In a hotspot here looking on wundermap looks like parts of Fife and Edinburgh and some other spots at 26/27 and just hit 28C here high so far 28.2 C tho my weather station drops out now and again (still need to get a new one) the temps are still usually accurate. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

24.2c, just perfect. Sadly two nightshifts await me which may be result in me being rather grumpy on minimal sleep... although my 4 days off are forecast to be glorious so i’ll take it!

E3973E1D-427D-45A4-B507-54966CDF376C.jpeg

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

What a final few days of May this has turned out to be! 

Tomorrow is looking especially sweaty for many - glorious end to Spring! 

Today has been great as well @Hawesy

4755FC54-4760-4893-8C61-7B42D6057324.thumb.png.9bb91c166db595904cffe2afea8eaed7.png

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 6

Posted

@Mr Frost top temp here of 29.3 C about half an hour ago image.thumb.png.c1a1436e9cea6f61b8ce5f711be292ec.png 

• Like 4

Posted

@Mr Frost Yes certainly a glorious day in NE Fife. Just back from St Andrews. Slightly cooler than the 25c recorded at Leuchars here in Pittenweem, we’re more exposed to coastal breezes. Even at that it reached 21c which is warm for my exposed coastal location! 

• Like 6

Posted

A mere 23.9C in Upper Tweeddale! Sixth day of 20C+. Twot. Recently transplanted tomato plants getting sun scorch on their leaves ☹️

• Like 4

Posted

25.7c the official high at Leuchars today. Pretty impressive!

• Like 3

Posted

I think it will stay dry but there will be quite a decent amount of CAPE building in the north and IF any convergence zone can develop that might be enough to trigger a storm. image.thumb.png.72ebe13cf794250e05da18df90381d91.png nmm_uk1-28-26-3.thumb.png.bc470f7f4b8f13a07303d911364292a3.png nmm_uk1-6-26-3.thumb.png.59e15fc141a47b46fb8aa95125b6b6f7.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

My w/s max was 23.6C but just a couple of miles SE Riverside airport was a touch higher. Still warmest day of the year for me. Just in from a social distancing street ceilidh with appropriate drinks so all is well with the world for now. Ex neighbour took this pic of the Lawers area this morning. Still a good bit of snow higher up in the Highlands. More still up Glencoe and Nevis areas.

742B9A9B-AF92-40BF-A57B-F0CCC13E124B.jpeg

• Like 9

Posted

Cracking day.

Bit cloudy to start with but even with the cloud it was over 20c by 10am.

Sun finally broke through with a vengeance by mid-afternoon allowing the temperature to reach a max of 23.5c, so warmest day of the year so far.  In the sun it really felt fiery hot, lovely stuff.

Still surprised at the complete lack of honey-bees round here, even Bumble-bees are uncommon.  Farmer has been spraying like fury the last few days but I suspect that was with fungicide rather than pesticide.

• Like 3

Posted
12 minutes ago, Quinach said:

Cracking day.

Bit cloudy to start with but even with the cloud it was over 20c by 10am.

Sun finally broke through with a vengeance by mid-afternoon allowing the temperature to reach a max of 23.5c, so warmest day of the year so far.  In the sun it really felt fiery hot, lovely stuff.

Still surprised at the complete lack of honey-bees round here, even Bumble-bees are uncommon.  Farmer has been spraying like fury the last few days but I suspect that was with fungicide rather than pesticide.

Yes most likely a herbicide/fungicide combination fantastic weather for spraying. A lot of wild bees are being eaten by badgers as witnessed by their nests being dug up round field margins here.Will try to put a photo up sometime of the digging they do.  Just starting to really need rain as  grass now starting to shrink.. A bit of sea fog rolling in this evening..

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Wondering if I've accidentally transported my house to South West France. Toasty. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

19C already....so poised to break my Fife May record this afternoon. The weather station had us at 25.9C yesterday, which was only our second day of 20C or above since August, and the warmest it's been in 308 days  

• Like 7

Posted

Oh my, already 20.1c and there is no wind and clear skies.  It's going to be roasty toasty.

Now the challenge of getting the kids to do their school homework in weather like this 

• Like 4

Posted

Warm here too 20c already with a real Meditteranean sky  with wispy high cloud something we don"t see much of in Scotland but in75/76 we had whole summers of it.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Mon the heat! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

I think it’s fair to say according to this, the Scottish will be doing the top one today.
4B151391-B271-4288-B78D-9CFBF982D59F.thumb.jpeg.abfdb0b264c252327cbb3df5cf4be5b7.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
14 hours ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

I think it will stay dry but there will be quite a decent amount of CAPE building in the north and IF any convergence zone can develop that might be enough to trigger a storm.   

Now 25.1c outside, I suspect it would be even higher were it now for the fresh SE wind that has appeared in the last hour or so.

Clear skies here but looking towards the NW a lot of cloud has bubbled up in the far distance (so Moray Coast area), so maybe a sneaky shower or two over there later.

• Like 3

Posted
32 minutes ago, Quinach said:

Now 25.1c outside, I suspect it would be even higher were it now for the fresh SE wind that has appeared in the last hour or so.

Clear skies here but looking towards the NW a lot of cloud has bubbled up in the far distance (so Moray Coast area), so maybe a sneaky shower or two over there later.

well wont get anywhere near my high of 29.3 C yesterday as currently 21 C and this time yesterday was already 27.9 C shows what effects that bit more of a sea breeze has. I notice on xc weather some signs of wind convergence toward that area I highlighted but still have my doubts if it will be enough to spark off a storm.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

25.6c currently, what an amazing day to be inbetween nightshifts. Gonna try and nap later on as I feel like death.

At 6:30am the car was reading 16.5c, only in true summer do we get that.

Sky was what I would call ‘light’ to the East by 03:30 and even at 0100 you could easily see where the sun was below the horizon, would be more obvious further North. 

• Like 4