Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted

Not one cloud or breath of wind in the sky. Absolute crackerjack of a start to the day

• Like 7

Posted

Lovely day here too, blue skies and the temperature is up a good bit too, currently 14C at Leuchars! 

• Like 4

Posted

Easily the best day of the week. Absolutely perfect and pretty warm too in the sun. MORE like this please next few months!

• Like 7

Posted

20.1C means it was the fourth day of 20C+ this season. Quite the diurnal range of 21.2C. As others are saying - simply gorgeous.

CaptureMay20.PNG

Blimey!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Gorgeous here too

AGARD1.jpg

AGARD2.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Gin clear skies. A belter of an evening here after a cracking day and a max of 19.1°C. 

IMG_20200506_1853171.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

1 wee cloud came over about 20 minutes ago ruined the cloudless day (blocked out the sun for a few minutes) but another very nice day. Surely the rain got to come back soon.................

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Similar to others, a cloudless day here felt quite warm too, moon just making an appearance IMG_20200506_204231.thumb.jpg.224ce88a5dfeb9ade39324c51a73e516.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

If it was like for the rest of the summer then I’d be happy. I know it won’t. Oh well. 

Enjoying watching the birds in the garden despite having to remove our bird feeder as a rat was dining on the dropped seed below it.

Another great sunset this evening with Venus shining brightly. 

311435A4-988F-4B0E-B754-21DE0412ADC6.jpeg

B235DD90-1531-453B-9C1D-48D85EA1BED8.jpeg

05461F54-11B4-47F3-858D-3D6E0852E2E0.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted

A reminder tonight that we are racing towards midsummers day with the all night dawn to the north making its appearance.

Photos taken at 10.45 pm with the lights of Invergordon and the rigs visible.001.thumb.JPG.2eeb5b3798e5068a7a7d70be7d8944f6.JPG004.thumb.JPG.77e9141b048329e2dca8a910cdecce3a.JPG

Fabulous  day here too with a top temperature of 16c.Had a nagging wind from the NE to hold temperature back.

• Like 8

Posted

Stunning day after another cold night.

Clear blue skies and light winds bar a few hours in the early afternoon when it got rather brisk.

That wind prevented the temperature from getting above a max of 16c, though more than happy with that!

A gorgeous moon out there just now, demonstrated via a terrible camera phone picture....

Snag_2d93c63.thumb.png.ae4dce951876624227284bd6bc7ad592.png

Bats out in force this evening as well, most seen so far this year.

A lot of fly-tipping now taking place round here - this appeared in one of the local woods.  There are a lot of selfish people out there.

Snag_2dbbb3e.thumb.png.083571a944877af6cd1bba9feb68beda.png

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning Earthlings! Another gorgeous day ahead up here, so I reckon a walk along the shore is the order of the day this afternoon. Have to trek into Portree this morning for pet supplies and drugs, wee trip to the bank and post office too. Such an exciting life! I have found a great home made weed killer....boiling salted water! Boy, am i getting through a lot of salt! It takes a bit longer to knock the weeds into touch,  so I drench them once a day for about four days. It certainly works! Stubborn buggers get a dose of raw salt as close to the ground as possible which should kill the root. It does take longer than any chemical weed killer, but I'd far rather use salt than some smelly and toxic mixture. Safer for pets! Off course, all this gardening activity has resulted in a bit of a sore back so I'd better lay off it for a few days. 

Stay safe people, and enjoy the sun while it's still here! 

• Like 5

Posted

Defo NOT the clear skies of yesterday a little bit of rain approaching the SW but don't look like there much to it maybe a little splash later if anything

• Like 4

Posted

Sunny skies again but what a difference in temperature! Wind has switched to the west and  it’s 18c! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
8 hours ago, mistyqueen said:

Morning Earthlings! Another gorgeous day ahead up here, so I reckon a walk along the shore is the order of the day this afternoon. Have to trek into Portree this morning for pet supplies and drugs, wee trip to the bank and post office too. Such an exciting life! I have found a great home made weed killer....boiling salted water! Boy, am i getting through a lot of salt! It takes a bit longer to knock the weeds into touch,  so I drench them once a day for about four days. It certainly works! Stubborn buggers get a dose of raw salt as close to the ground as possible which should kill the root. It does take longer than any chemical weed killer, but I'd far rather use salt than some smelly and toxic mixture. Safer for pets! Off course, all this gardening activity has resulted in a bit of a sore back so I'd better lay off it for a few days. 

Stay safe people, and enjoy the sun while it's still here! 

Why not get them out with a trowel? Then you've got extra material for the compost heap and you're not poisoning the ground.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Glorious morning here too. Went to the vets and Co-op in Alford just after midday and the car thermometer was showing 18c most f the way there and back, with a short spell at 20c at one point on the way back. Cloud started to roll in around 2pm and started raining around 4pm, which wasn't forecast.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

A little bit more cloud in Caithness today but the thermometer hit the giddy heights of 15C briefly at about 4 :blink2: which is about the temperature at which Caithness people start to wilt.

Looking south from Halkirk over the Thurso.  Pastoral. Or is it bucolic?

Spittal CS.jpg

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 5

Posted

Fine morning after 1c start to the day but  clouded over in the afternoon with a bit of shower at 4.00pm .Maximum of 17c in the late  morning

Sundays forecast  on here for us would almost outdo most days of last winter for cold with a maximum of 4c for a  few hours between midday and 2.00pm otherwise just above freezing.

• Like 3

Posted

May = the new December possible ice day in the highlands and -4/5 dew points erm  BD7D6A45-CED8-47E1-BC6B-CFB714D10B1A.thumb.gif.030aeda68c3ed42cd6b3d1102f3c87fa.gif13C02529-DD8A-4FF8-80C4-1AF65261ABEB.thumb.png.966456d2c3ac958586321d138c3e0858.pngE75CB345-8AEE-4859-ADBD-4CA9C4900599.thumb.png.f354aa6412e4d5d88f0858c059865d00.png

• Like 6

Posted

One of those days that did not live up to the billing.

Sunny start and by noon feeling very nice at 18c.

Rapidly downhill after that with overcast conditions by mid afternoon leading to a wet evening.

Light winds throughout and currently 10c.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
10 hours ago, Hawesy said:

Sunny skies again but what a difference in temperature! Wind has switched to the west and  it’s 18c! 

Reached 18.5C here which is surprisingly the highest of the year for me. A sunny morning but cloud bubbled up pm with some showers. A light Westerly breeze. Min this morning was 3.5C.

Quinach mentioned bats last night. We have noticed quite a few around our garden the last couple of days. More than I have ever seen before here.

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

You're talking pish. December was never that cold.

69FBD0D9-AFA5-4E51-9A20-47C18464EBBA.thumb.gif.07ad96360dde081894a906ae52eaa65e.gif True

• Like 3

Posted

Lovely again here, plentiful sunshine and the wind in the west so up to 18c. Glad to be outside and enjoying it! 

Yesterday was the warmest day of the year locally with 19.9c recorded at Leuchars.

Edited by Hawesy
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Lovely this morning for our walk but clouding over just now. 

Some fantastic photos on here, just had a good catch up. Blue sky and golden gorse, who'd live anywhere else when the weather's like this. 

Moonlight from the garden last night. 

DSC_1304.JPG

DSC_1303.JPG

• Like 8